LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Igenex lab results

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Igenex lab results
average joe
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for average joe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can anyone give me some input on these results. This is my second WB. The first was through quest and showed everything as non reactive (of course). These results are through Igenex.

I was on abx when the blood was drawn. I don't know whether that makes any significant difference

IgG

31 +
34 ind
41 ++
45 +
58 +

IgM
31 ++
41 +

With my symptoms I really expected to light up the charts here.

Also magnesium levels are right in the middle of normal range. Should I take mag supplements anyway?

Creatine Kinase was near bottom of normal levels.
I'm aware that this is often an indicator of RA but did test sero negative for that.

Vit D was low. I thought I read on here that lyme patients shouldn't take d supps. Is that the case or did I misunderstand.

Currently on Amox/Zith....... LLMD wrote a script yesterday for Rifampin for the bart. How many others are suspected of bart but do not have the rashes?

Also take probiotics and thinking of adding B complex, mag, D complex

LLMD said he did not want to add a cyst buster just yet. Probably doesn't want to kill me with herx lol.

Any and all input is appreciated.

--------------------
If you play at the beach, expect to get some sand in your shorts [Smile]

Posts: 223 | From central pa | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momofthree
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19490

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momofthree     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry...my doctor would treat you right now with those results
Posts: 303 | From green bay, wi | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You have plenty of pluses there, if you ask me. It means you have lyme. You are making antibodies to the lyme bacteria.

You need to take magnesium because lyme patients are deficient in magnesium.

From page 6 of Burrascano:

"Magnesium is predominantly an intracellular ion, so blood level testing is of little value."

http://www.ilads.org/lyme_disease/B_guidelines_12_17_08.pdf

This quote is saying that mag does not hang out in the blood, so blood tests won't tell you if you have enough of it or not. Mag hangs out inside our cells. They can't measure it there.

On page 28, Dr. B. lists mag as a required supplement.

Read his write-up on p. 30 regarding vitamin D. He wants your level to be in the upper half of the range.

Why not study the supplement section of the Burrascano guidelines and then decide what supps you want to add to your meds.

I had bart according to Igenex and I never had any bart rashes.

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pinelady
Member # 18524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pinelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You need to take something to control Yeast. I take Nystatin 4 tid.

--------------------
Suspected Lyme 07 Test neg One band migrating in IgG region
unable to identify.Igenex Jan.09IFA titer 1:40 IND
IgM neg pos
31 +++ 34 IND 39 IND 41 IND 83-93 +
DX:Neuroborreliosis

Posts: 5850 | From Kentucky | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
JOE said,
"This is my second WB. The first was through quest and showed everything as non reactive (of course)"

This really underscores what we preach here all the time. QUEST misses most cases.

Glad you have a test that shows what is REALLY going on.

Regarding your questions:

Only those on the Marshall Protocol do not take Vitamin D. MP patients are to nearly eliminate vit D... nuts, huh.. when most of us are deficient in Vit D??

Perhaps you shouldn't take more Mg at this time.

yes, make sure you get that yeast under control. Take something like olive leaf extract if you're not able to get Nystatin or Diflucan.

and follow a good diet .. free of sugar and white foods

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
average joe
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for average joe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do take decent probiotics 50 billion micro. It has acidopholus bifudus ect 3/day. Doc said to mix it with yogurt so you get the good bacteria in your mouth and on your tongue instead of just swallowing the capsules.

Is this not enough to keep the yeast under control?

--------------------

Posts: 223 | From central pa | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Joe, that test does pretty much light up the charts, that's more positives than many ever see! Congratulations on clear answers!

Some go by the Marshall Protocol that was designed for another illness, they are the ones who are against vitamin D (and it's more complicated than that ....).

I supplement my vitamin D to keep it in range.

You also want to take s boulardii to prevent c diff. You might be taking enough probiotics, everyone is different. I had to take VSL#3 with 450 billion organisms to avoid diarrhea with abx. I never had yeast problems. I also took Nystatin daily as a preventative.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pinelady
Member # 18524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pinelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
avgjoe-I don't think so. Most of us take either Diflucan or Nystatin to control yeast...

I would not take the antibiotics without it.

--------------------
Suspected Lyme 07 Test neg One band migrating in IgG region
unable to identify.Igenex Jan.09IFA titer 1:40 IND
IgM neg pos
31 +++ 34 IND 39 IND 41 IND 83-93 +
DX:Neuroborreliosis

Posts: 5850 | From Kentucky | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sutherngrl
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 16270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sutherngrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your results actually do light up the charts.

But also keep in mind that LD is actually a "clinical" diagnosis. The test are only used to back up the clinical diagnosis.

A good LLMD will treat based on symptoms alone!

Posts: 4035 | From Mississippi | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can still get yeast if you are not on a healthy diet!!!

I took Nystatin the whole time I was on abx and I still had trouble with yeast. I even followed the diet very closely.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
average joe
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26091

I will try the olive leaf extract. I really don't want to go on anything else prescription unless I have to. Is there a standard dosage?

TF: I did read over that again and actually printed it so I can take it with to the supp store and for reference. No guarantee that I wont still ask stupid questions though. [Big Grin]

For example what are yeast overgrowth issues other than thrush?

By the way TF I asked the doc what the treatment plan was and you were right on.

The lower dose doxy was for erlichia. He then switched me to amox for lyme then added zith to it. Now he is adding Rifampin to try to get the bart under control. I can only hope not to have the ill effects from the rif that some have. We will see how it goes

He suspects babs too but my lyme/bart symptoms are the biggest problem for me.

Thanks again to everyone all for the valued input. No telling where I would be if not for you folks

--------------------

JenniferD
Member # 28030

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JenniferD     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whats the connection with candida yeast and LD my yeast levels are off the charts too.
Posts: 9 | From Central Florida | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
average joe
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26091

I'm by no means an expert here Jennifer but the yeast overgrowth is a result of all the abx killing off even the good bacteria in your gut.

The good bacteria keeps the yeast in check. Once that is gone or significantly reduced the yeast has a party at our expense, The little pr!*cks

The above posts from the resident gurus will point you in the right direction to control it and as sixgoofykids stated you need to be cautious of C-diff as well. That stuff can be nasty nasty

--------------------

TF
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Joe, yeast overgrowth means getting too much yeast anywhere in the body. You can get it in your mouth (called thrush when in the mouth), then swallow it and spread it to your gut, and women can get it in the vagina.

There are possibly other sites it can spread to in very severe cases, but you get the idea.

Yeast overgrowth issues are all the issues that flow from the yeast taking over in various parts of the body.

Glad you now understand the doctor's treatment plan. That goes a long way for peace of mind.

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
average joe
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26091

Thanks TF. Yeah I was thinking about yeast predominently in the gut but yes definately can be anywhere.

I called my llmd today to see what he wanted me to do to keep yeast down and to correct diarhea (probably more than you wanted to know huh)lol Waiting on return call.

Im thinking regardless I might just do the natural route rather than diflucan ect. But we will see.

I am open to diflucan depending on whether it is hard on the already taxed systems

Thanks again for your input. You are definately one of the folks I count on here.

I still say you should be a doc [Smile]

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement