LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Why Wheat and Gluten Intolerance causes such huge widespread problems

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Why Wheat and Gluten Intolerance causes such huge widespread problems
GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A chain reaction throughout our total body, flesh and bones.

I just posted this on the thread Allergie-Immun-Germany that is running here on LN, and since it affects literally every person who has taken the AI test, I will post this here for whoever is interested in the subject of MALABSORPTION which causes huge problems in the long run.

There is a reason for a ton of problems, i.e. accumulation of environmental toxins, toxic metal toxicity, chemical sensitivities, if we have inherited or acquired a wheat/grain, etc. gluten sensitivity. It is very difficult for the orthodox allergy testing to find these errors in the DNA. Allergie Immun finds them and is able to correct them.

Here is my post:

"I know I saved this for some reason:

Just cleaning out some of my files, here is a better understanding why if we are allergic to wheat, sensitive to gluten and other gluten containing grains (BROWS = Barley, Rye, Oats, Wheat, Spelt), life can be quite miserable, and the healing time when doing the AI therapy can be quite long. Because EVERY FUNCTION OF THE BODY IS AFFECTED. Here is the google translation - at least it gives you some understanding of what so many, so many, so many are up against.

Here is the German text - I highly recommend reading it very carefully:
German to English translation
"30/07/2006 10:59" M59

-------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------

Hi,

soon to be published in our book, which deals with the CAUSES of allergies. It is an exciting journey and reveals many misunderstandings.
Here's an excerpt:

"Gliadin intolerance - system failure made clear

On the basis of gliadin intolerance can study well what the consequences will be if triggered by intolerance to gliadin complex biochemical processes.

Celiac disease is perhaps the most well-known disease that is associated with intolerance to gliadin in combination.
As a result of celiac disease often occur biochemical abnormalities. Three processes are observed very frequently:

1st impaired esterification of fatty acids
2nd a reduced uptake of amino acids
3rd a lack of segregation of lactose

To make it clearer: In celiac patients disappear in consequence of the intolerance that are important for the digestion villi. You are responsible for the absorption of several important substances. The body reacts because of Zottenschwundes (Zottenschwund in English means the gradual disappearance/shrinking of villi --- inserted by GiGi) with cell proliferation and hikes to offset the loss in the overall system.

The damage to the small intestine of celiac patients often leads to decreased function of the pancreas. The gallbladder is affected, they contracted or not much, which means that bile salts are rarely paid. The apparent image is a sensitive gallbladder. The dysfunction of pancreatic and gallbladder can together lead to an impaired degradation of fats and proteins.

A total of celiac disease in less than necessary salts and minerals absorbed by the body. This may mean that patients complain of bone pain and weakness.

Milk intolerance occurs in untreated celiac disease is also common. Often there were also emotional fluctuations in those affected.

What appears on the surface as unrelated diseases, has a deeper cause an intolerance to gliadin, which triggers a chain reaction in the biochemical machinery.
Everyone has their own laws in the entire system. Freeing him from the ground but the main cause allergies than any other damaging possibilities, one is a step further in order to prepare future generations better on all factors.

Reason allergies are not immutable genetically-programmed fixed, but variable information stored on a level.

Your AI-Team"

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dawn in VA
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9693

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dawn in VA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder- possible to restore the villi (via AI, GF diet, enzymes, etc.) or are they forever doomed once initially damaged? Which leads to...
Will we always be plagued by malabsorption b/c of this?

UGH.

--------------------
(The ole disclaimer: I'm not a doctor.)

Posts: 1349 | From VA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, of course not. Once you eliminate the agitators that cause the leaky gut, you should start to heal. But it can take many months.

Hanging on to the leaky gut is definitely a bad thing and can't lead to healing but more and more damage. Stopping/eliminating the allergies would be number one, because there is no way to eliminate gluten -- Gluten, rather the frequencies to which the DNA responds, is so widespread that avoidance is not possible. Please read some of my posts on the AI thread.

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This may be of interest from Life Extension Magazine September 2010 -

What's Really Making You Sick?
New Blood Test Can Uncover the Real Cause of Your Symptoms

By Lauren Russel, ND, and Jonathan V. Wright, MD

http://tinyurl.com/28kjqr8

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marz
Member # 3446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been gluten free for 8 months now.

I'm leaving for Europe tomorrow and have heard that since they don't grow GMO wheat there it might be ok to eat it there.

I heard that gluten has increased 90% in the last ten years here since GMO wheat was introduced.

To eat wheat or not in Europe?

Posts: 1297 | From USA | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You'll find that in Europe they have a lot of gluten free menus. Many Northern Europeans (especially) are celiacs.

Gigi...Could you please proofread and correct the article above? It is very hard to read and understand due to missing or inappropriate words and/or incomplete sentences.

Thanks. I'd like to understand what was written.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marz
Member # 3446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm of nothern European stock which might be why I have 2 genes for sensitivity.

I'll be in Italy and Croatia mostly. I've heard Italy's gluten free products are better than ours.

It will be interesting to find out.

Posts: 1297 | From USA | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dawn in VA
Member # 9693

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dawn in VA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I *think* I just found the answer to my question. Read in a couple of places that gluten (and/or lactose/casein) intolerance symptoms can continue for a long time after a Celiac sufferer (or gluten sensitive person) has gone on a 100% gluten-free diet.

"In some cases the villi and microvilli damage can take up to two years to heal completely, but in most cases it takes between six months and a year."

I'm definitely in the former, b/c I've been GF since last Oct and still have issues.

GiGi, I'm not certain that non-or barely- functioning small intestinal villi and microvilli is the same as leaky gut. Guess it could lead to it though, given that the villi flatten out or disappear due to gluten allergy, resulting in damage to the intestinal lining.

But I'm not exactly sure what "damage" means, aside from preventing things (nutrients) from getting in (absorbed). If that's the case, how do viruses and etc get in- would it be a molecular size issue?

Either way, if AI and/or other Tx gets rid of the allergy, then a double hip-hip-hooray! Sounds very good to me.

Increased ability of molecules to pass through the gut wall lining that would not typically be allowed. In other words, large spaces develop between the cells of the gut wall, and bacteria, toxins and food leak in. Leaky gut can be due to inflammation as well as viral and bacterial infections.

Hey Sparkle, I just read that article as well a few days ago. Good stuff, those LE magazines.

--------------------

Posts: 1349 | From VA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leelee
Member # 19112

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leelee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry, I can not understand all of what was written. Does this mean that in some people gluten and lactose intolerance can go hand-in-hand? Does gluten intolerance trigger milk intolerance?

I am curious b/c I have tested positive for gluten, lactose and soy sensitivities.

Avoiding all of these things for over a year has made a huge improvement in the quality of my life, but I did not know if they were inter-connected.

--------------------
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy. Martin Luther King,Jr

Posts: 1573 | From Maryland | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dawn in VA
Member # 9693

I wouldn't guess that they LEAD to one another, but in many folks they sometimes go go hand-in-hand; autoimmune issues can take on many characters in our gut (and elsewhere).

Leelee, something to add food for thought so to speak: casein (protein in milk) is very similar in terms of its molecular structure to the protein found in gluten that many of us have issues with. (I don't know about soy, corn, and etc.)

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement