LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Lyme Disease Scheme in the News

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lyme Disease Scheme in the News
TF
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This lyme disease scheme article is being featured on the Verizon page:

http://www.verizon.net/newsroom/portals/newsroom.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=newsroom_portal_page__article&_article=3088019

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
onbam
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Germany lost the second world war, but Fascism won it

-George Carlin

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
So sad. There was no scheme. The way this is worded is criminal in and of itself. Sounds like he was found guilty of making up chronic lyme, itself.

-------------
Excerpt:

Sept. 18--A California man Friday pleaded guilty in federal court to scheming to sell medical equipment and drug treatments for a false epidemic of Lyme disease.

--------------

A "a false epidemic of Lyme disease." ?!?!

The political undercurrents of this are huge, beyond huge. It should shake every person who needs - or will ever need - treatment for any tick-borne infection. The IDSA is very happy with this, very happy.

The dark field microscope in question is very impressive. Now, I'm not sure it's the end-all, be-all but it can do some things that other microscopes can't. It is one helpful tool, among many.

A medicine (bismuth as an IV) was too harsh for 2 patients and, yes, is it very sad that one person lost her life..

The truths in this are going down as fiction.

However, it's all because the drug use, bismuth, is such a harsh drug. Still, we need more answers. Not to say there is no disease.

My deep sympathies to the family who lost someone they loved but I hope this won't, in turn, cause more deaths because lyme is being painted as a mirage.

Chronic lyme is very real, indeed.

Here's an excellent article, with the one caveat that IV Bismuth can be fatal and it's not at all for everyone. That could also be said about lots of cancer treatments, though.

This is one of the most informative articles. There is so much to learn here. So much.

=================================

www.townsendletter.com/FebMar2006/lyme0206.htm

From the Townsend Letter for Doctors & Patients

February/March 2006

BIOCHEMISTRY OF LYME DISEASE: BORRELIA BURGDORFERI SPIROCHETE / CYST

by Prof. Robert W. Bradford and Henry W. Allen

EXCERPT:

. . . A discovery of great importance relating to a toxin produced by the causative agent of Lyme disease, Borrelia burgdorferi, has been linked to a similar toxin produced by the organism Clostridium botulinum (botulism). . . .

- Full article and great photos at link above.
-----------------------------------

NOTE OF CAUTION: While this is an excellent article regarding the information about the spirochete/cyst, there is one serious caution with one of the treatments suggested: IV Bismuth.

Bismuth, in IV use, can have risks (it has been connected with one death). So, cross that off your list. If you download the article, please copy and paste this note to top your page.

Reading - and learning - about the nature of this infection is invaluable. Just keeping in mind that bismuth is no longer an option for IV use, still, this article contains superb information.
-

[ 09-20-2010, 12:48 AM: Message edited by: Keebler ]

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
METALLlC BLUE
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6628

Icon 1 posted      Profile for METALLlC BLUE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not sure what to do with this guy. He was actually on our list.

--------------------
I am not a physician, so do your own research to confirm any ideas given and then speak with a health care provider you trust.

E-mail: [email protected]

Posts: 4157 | From Western Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
muddyfeet
Member # 26633

Icon 1 posted      Profile for muddyfeet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All this article is showing is how one man was able to take advantage of the fact that there needs to be so much more research about chronic lyme and co. This fraud does not mean that chronic lyme does not exist.

It makes me angry that that is exactly how the article is written though.

Why aren't there more articles about how many people get better, how many people's lives are literally saved, after treatment for chronic lyme?!!

--------------------
Labcorp 6/10: IgM + 41, 39, 23

IGenex 7/10:
IFA Ind
IGenex/CDC IgM +:
18+, 23-25+, 30+, 31+++, 34++, 39++, 41++, 58++, 66+, 83-93+
IGenex IgG +:
31+, 34 IND, 41++, 58+

No memory of tick/rash. Sick 1/09. Diagnosed CFIDS 7/09. Diagnosed Lyme 7/10.

Posts: 56 | From San Diego, CA | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
There was no fraud. It's just been made to look like that to get yet another lyme researcher out of the picture.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pinelady
Member # 18524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pinelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Agree. He is not the first one and very similar to another. Both involved using a microscope.

That one case that died could have very well been any of us...

They don't like it if you don't give the middle man his lab money also...

--------------------
Suspected Lyme 07 Test neg One band migrating in IgG region
unable to identify.Igenex Jan.09IFA titer 1:40 IND
IgM neg pos
31 +++ 34 IND 39 IND 41 IND 83-93 +
DX:Neuroborreliosis

Posts: 5850 | From Kentucky | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymednva
Member # 9098

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymednva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The article is credited to the Kansas City (MO) Star, which at one time was considered a crdible paper (within my adult life). I know because I was married to a journalist and we lived in KS, for two years.

Tutu, any comments on that part of it?

--------------------
Lymednva

Posts: 2407 | From over the river and through the woods | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pinelady
Member # 18524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pinelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Even Hitler was kinder than the IDSA/CDC at least he only chose to kill select groups. While they don't single out anyone. What they are doing is "Crime to Humanity."

** edited **

[ 09-21-2010, 12:06 PM: Message edited by: sixgoofykids ]

--------------------
IgM neg pos

Posts: 5850 | From Kentucky | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
17hens
Member # 23747

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 17hens     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, Pinelady, you know I love you! Would you consider rewording that last one? I believe it sounds different than how you meant it, so I'm not offended but others might be.

--------------------
"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Psalms 73:26

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

Posts: 3043 | From PA | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gatorade girl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gatorade girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hitler killed persons who were disabled and other races as well. Please change your wording. Millions of people were tortured and killed.

--------------------
gatorade girl

"I still have Mt.Everest to climb, but I have traveled across the world and arrived at the mountain".

Posts: 633 | From baltimore | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gatorade girl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gatorade girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The words are extremely offensive.

--------------------
gatorade girl

"I still have Mt.Everest to climb, but I have traveled across the world and arrived at the mountain".

Posts: 633 | From baltimore | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I edited the post since Pinelady hadn't gotten to it yet (and it was reported), I'm sure she would have.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pinelady
Member # 18524

What is offensive? Comparing Hitler to the IDSA/CDC?

How many million do you think have been misdiagnosed with MS/ALS/Alzheimers/Autism, Chronic Fatigue/Gulf War Syndrome/ Fibromalagia/etc. etc. etc., that has been denied treatment since the discovery of Borrelia?

I say Trillions throughout the world, not just from us, from other countries who look to the US for scientific guidance and surveillance.

They too have been kept in the dark with their lies that they had a good handle on it.

The crimes they have committed in the ignoring of the scientific evidence, in all the gross failures to protect the public can only

-In My Mind --

be compared to the Worst Holocaust in Our History.

"The Holocaust was the systematic, bureaucratic, state-sponsored persecution and murder of approximately six million Jews by the Nazi regime".

1.4 Million took the vaccine that is suspected of causing disease. If those people had 2 children who now have it and giving birth to children who now have it--figure it up. Millions

Now take all those with MS, Alzheimers and Autism, etc. Figure the millions who could be treated but are being lied to.

You cannot put a number on them like Hitler did. They want no record of their transgressions that showed the conflicts of interest in protecting the few's profits.

And I am sorry you feel that way. But this is the way I feel. We must do something.

Our history in fighting greed -that can appear in many ways to destroy- should always be remembered, so we may learn from it and hopefully prevent.

--------------------
IgM neg pos

gatorade girl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24896

I come on this site for support. I must say. I feel like I was kicked in the gut this morning. I am very hurt.

--------------------
gatorade girl

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Gatorade Girl,

I'm sure the post was not meant to be offensive to any particular group so please don't jump to that conclusion.

Many are unaware that numerous groups (and the ill and disabled) also met their end from his horror. But that has not been widely reported in history books or documentaries. It's been in the "fine print" so many just don't know that.

Pinelady has never typed a demeaning phrase. I am sure that it was an unfortunate turn of words and a statement that had two possible interpretations in the intent. I'm sure her intent was not to insult anyone.
-

Pinelady
Member # 18524

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2010/09/21/alzheimers-ceo-disease-as-an-epidemic-financial-burden/?iref=allsearch&replytocom=230287#respond

Alzheimer's CEO: Disease as an epidemic, financial burden

A report out this morning calls Alzheimer's and other forms of dementia an epidemic and the financial burden is nothing short of crushing.

The costs associated will total well over $600 billion this year - one percent of the World's gross domestic product. By 2030, those costs are projected to increase by 85 percent. Harry Johns, President & CEO of the Alzheimer's Association, joined CNN's "American Morning" to discuss the implications of the report and the growing difficulties in dealing with this disease.
=====================
Do you think the cost in treatment and LIVES could be altered by treating for Borrelia regardless of what the testing says? I say yes.

While this may not seem like such a decisive decision to those with MS/Alzheimers/etc.

The arguement could be made that the very people who profess us to not be sick with an infectious disease are going to force us to leave our children with the debt they have created by letting the SS rolls increase exponentially, by not allowing them to treat the afflictions.

THAT- they will understand.

--------------------
IgM neg pos

Pinelady
Member # 18524

I am very happy with the explosion of research from all over the world in the last yr. from countries who too have wised up and looking for themselves.

Which corroborates the need with the amazing facts that can not be denied.

Take the incidence being reported in my state to be borrelia infected deer ticks to be at least 40.6 % positive. Now consider the fact they stored those ticks in 70% alcohol.

That means the incidence of 100% is not out of the question. Which for all intents and purposed could be put to case scenarios...

Supposed you stopped on the side of the road for a urgent need. Got in your car with the baby in the car seat and the ticks and nymphs you picked up on your shoes were now traveling with you and are seeking the infant you have sleeping in the back seat.

They may get a silly little rash the doc tells you is heat. And then 12 mths later they tell you that child is Autistic...Just another of the 1/100 being diagnosed today... We must change their way of thinking.

Here is but a few of the people we thought we could trust. Ironically just like the German people thought they could trust their leader...Lessons learned?

http://www.lymedisease.org/news/lymepolicywonk/561.html

LYMEPOLICYWONK: Lyme Patient Groups Withdraw from IOM Lyme Workshop

I meant no transgressions for the Millions of lives lost in the Holocaust.

If fact I would hope they are with us in Spirit and Love, that we can change this outcome for the betterment of the World.

[ 09-21-2010, 02:06 PM: Message edited by: Pinelady ]

--------------------
IgM neg pos

17hens
Member # 23747

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 17hens     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pinelady - [group hug]

--------------------
"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Psalms 73:26

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

Posts: 3043 | From PA | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lou
Member # 81

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pinelady is being misinterpreted.

As is this case by the newspaper. The FDA does not have to approve a new microscope.

Posts: 8430 | From Not available | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
missing
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22437

Icon 1 posted      Profile for missing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, they my parents were also told those rashes were just "summer heat rashes"!!!

My parents basically told me to shut up and stop asking for so much attention!

Suffered all my life!

Is there any country in the world that treats Lyme properly? Without the politics and problems, etc?????

I happened to email a doctor from Germany about his contribution to the new "Liberation" treatment that was helping some MS patients.

I begged him to please try to help people with MS that actually had Lyme!!! I asked him if he had ever considered that as a possibility. He said he was only interested in a very specific condition pertaining MS.

I still begged him to help all of us.

I will be buying copies of "Under Our Skin" and sending them to libraries, government, teachers, famous people, etc. etc.

I am doing this whether I can afford it or not.

We need to get the word out.

I hadn't heard anything about Lyme until my ND told me about it last year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Obviously our voice is not LOUD enough!

Posts: 606 | From somewhere out there | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pinelady
Member # 18524

The Mission of each True Knight is Duty.

Nay tis Privilege.

--------------------
IgM neg pos

onbam
Unregistered

Correct: the FDA per se was not responsible for this. It is a group of interests working behind the scenes who have hijacked national policy towards Lyme disease.

[ 09-21-2010, 03:25 PM: Message edited by: onbam ]

Pinelady
Member # 18524

I was just told that there will be some Lyme Advocacy groups there representing us.

I understand both sides. Those that choose to refrain for now and those that choose to represent.

--------------------
IgM neg pos

kitty9309
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19945

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kitty9309     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No one has a problem with the "mis-branded" drugs that harmed/killed these people?

"commit mail fraud and to introduce misbranded drugs into interstate commerce, federal prosecutors said."

Posts: 819 | From East Coast | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lou
Member # 81

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The bismuth drug that was used has a long history of use in another spirochetal disease, syphilis. All the major medical institutions used in the pre-antibiotic period, and it was thought to be useful. This is undoubtedly the reason why it was being tried in lyme.

Where they went wrong was using it IV. In the past, it was done oral or IM, I think, definitely not IV.

Posts: 8430 | From Not available | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kitty9309
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19945

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kitty9309     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
" To manufacture these drugs, defendants C.R.B., INC. dba AMERICAN BIOLOGICS, ROBERT W. BRADFORD, BRIGITTE G. BYRD, and others, purchased several chemicals that were not certified or intended by their manufacturers for use in foods, drugs, or cosmetics for humans or animals."

"Defendants C.R.B., INC. dba AMERICAN BIOLOGICS, ROBERT W. BRADFORD, BRIGITTE G. BYRD, and others, manufactured various drugs with these chemicals, then shipped these drugs through interstate commerce to a pharmacy in Colorado Springs, Colorado, where the pharmacy dissolved the drugs into aqueous solutions, based on "protocols" or directions from American Biologics."

"Under the FDCA, a drug is misbranded if its labeling (1) is false or misleading in any particular; (2) does not bear adequate directions for use; and (3) is manufactured, prepared, propagated, and processed in an establishment not duly registered pursuant to Title 21, United States Code, Section 360. Title 21, United States Code, Sections 352(a), 352(f)(1), and 352(0). "

"The FDCA makes unlawful the introduction or delivery for introduction into interstate commerce, or the causing thereof, of any drug that is adulterated or misbranded. Title 21, United States Code, Section 331(a). "

72. The FDCA makes unlawful the receipt in interstate commerce, or the causing thereof, of any drug that is adulterated or misbranded, and the delivery or proffered delivery thereof for pay or otherwise. Title 21, United States Code, Section 331(c). "

Posts: 819 | From East Coast | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
onbam
Unregistered

The CDC killed these people.
gatorade girl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24896

I am still very hurt by the words.....I saw them before they were edited. They read loud and clear. I read them to my daughter when she came home as they were a lesson about how some people don't even realize that the words they say have so much prejudice. We should never ever tslk about any group in such a way. We should never forget about all the lives lost in the holocaust. They were all innocent victims.

--------------------
gatorade girl

Pinelady
Member # 18524

I am not prejudiced toward anyone.

And I was misinterpreted!!! Repeat--I was misinterpreted!!!

Right now I am fighting to get help to the people in SA.

The Millions that were slaughtered at the hands of Hitlers regime are now all Angels I call on to help us stop this injustice.
If anyone knows what injustice is it is them.

I apologize if I may have misspoke... Many do not understand we have many injustices in this world right now.

Ours is but one. But we have many that are interconnected to US. So in effect we are all ONE. The sooner everyone realizes this the better we will all be.

They are letting Kids fight this war. We must protect them to protect ourselves. Or it will be just a matter of time. http://edition.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/africa/09/17/somalia.forces/index.html
UN asks for at least 20,000 more troops.

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/africa/09/21/somalia.pm.resigns/index.html?hpt=T2 Somalia's prime minister resigns

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/africa/09/07/congo.rapes.un/index.html?iref=obinsite U.N. puts Congo sex attacks at more... than 500
South Africa's booming defense industry
From Diana Magnay, CNN
September 17, 2010 --

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/africa/09/21/niger.al.qaeda.kidnapping/index.html?hpt=T2

Very disturbing. They must act.

"Even though security was tight in the location and the security
guards were many, the soldiers of Islam took control of all security and
kidnapped five French nuclear experts that work at the c...ompany Areva.
And we claim responsibility for this blessed operation," he said, as
reported by al-Jazeera. "And we would like to tell the French
government that the mujahedeen will make their demands soon. We warn you
against taking any unwise actions." Seven people linked to a French nuclear energy company were kidnapped in the West African nation of Niger last week.

If you would like advocacy groups I am working with to make them aware, or MS/ALZ./Autism,etc. groups I am trying to educate just let me know. We need all the help we can get!!! We now know why Wakefield was seeing Measles in the bowels of Autism patients. It hides its DNA in other organisms. Shame he got railroaded out of his own country to protect vaccine profits, before he had time to figure it all out.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2010/09/21/alzheimers-ceo-disease-as-an-epidemic-financial-burden/
Write in---tell them why our childrens children are going to have to pay for when the CDC/IDSA says were not sick...

--------------------
IgM neg pos

onbam
Unregistered

"The numbers are different, the crime is still the same."

--The Specials, "War Crimes"

And I don't even believe the numbers are different in this case.

30 years * 200,000 victims(the CDC's own estimate)/year = 6 million. Some believe over a billion. The experience of holocaust victims may have been more immediately horrific to them, but murder is murder no matter how you slice it. And we would do well to remember the role that American corporation--such as IBM, who produced Hitler's census machines--played in the Holocaust, as well as the Allied governments' steadfast refusal to admit Jewish refugees or bomb that tracks leading to the camps.

It's all of a piece, and it involves the same groups of people. We honor the fallen by acting to prevent history from repeating itself.

17hens
Member # 23747

Pinelady, you're awesome in my book!

Life is too short to take offense when offending was not intended.

Taking offense takes up too much energy that could be spent in positive ways.

I believe this now after I've spent way too much energy in negative ways (like being offended). Of course, it's helped me greatly to reduce the Bartonella load!

--------------------

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement