LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Dr Z HH2 Supplement

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dr Z HH2 Supplement
mysteryillness1970
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysteryillness1970     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone take or know where I can find Dr Z HH2 herbals?

I would love to know if anyone knows of a place to buy it cheap, so far all I have found is $35 for 15 days, YIKES!

I would also like to know if anyone has had success with this for Bart?

Thanks!

Posts: 166 | From USA | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
HH is the formula by Hepapro. It's top quality and a fair price. Still, for most of us who have spent all our money it's out of range.

You can find Houttuynia at other outlets. It's takes a lot of homework to compare the exact form and strength - and track down how it's grown, processed, etc.

Go to the web sites for Kaylx herbs and also for 1st Chinese and search: Houttuynia.

Read all about it from several different information sites before you start. I did fine with it but I used HH it as part of the protocol below.

Also note that it's to be PART of an overall protocol, not a single supplement so be sure to talk with your LLMD or LL ND (naturopathic doctor).

==========================

For HH:

http://tinyurl.com/5drx94

Lyme Disease and Modern Chinese Medicine - by Dr. QingCai Zhang, MD & Yale Zhang

web site: try www.sinomedresearch.org and use "clinic" and then "clinic" for the passwords or call Hepapro through www.hepapro.com
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysteryillness1970
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysteryillness1970     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doc says that he cannot subcribe Mepron and Zith unless in the office every three months. I simply can't afford it.

He suggested I take HH2 Zhang and Wormwood combo (with Black walnut)and finish up the Zith.

He feels as though my dominant symptoms are Bart (even though I have Babs too) I have only finished 2 months of Mepron (750ml 2x/day)and am thinking that can't possibly be enough.

How long does Babs generally need to be treated befpre moving along with something else?

Thanks for your advise. I am going downhill fast and am worried that I might be blind soon (feels like Vaseline over eyes).

He agreed that I needed to get treated aggressively (which he does not do) and was very generous with recommendations and not the least bit offended.

I wonder of this will be agressive enough..what do you think? Are there any programs that help those in dire straights?

Thanks for lending advise...how have YOU been, has the adrenal stuff kicked in yet for you?

Blessings...

Posts: 166 | From USA | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Artemisinin is far better and more specific than wormwood with black walnut, in my opinion. Wormwood is a distant cousin to artemisinin.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysteryillness1970
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24588

Thanks for the distinction.

The ingredients are a blend of: Black Walnut, Quassia, Cloves, Male fern root (how biased, lol) and Woormwood (Artemisia absinthium)...is that the same thing?

If not, what product do you recommend?

nefferdun
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you are that sick you will not benefit from herbs. I used HH2 for 8 months, starting when I felt nearly well and ending with a complete relapse - a state that felt like being a prisoner in Azkaban with dementors sucking my life out (as well as all the physical complaints).

I was sick for a long time prior to restarting abx, thinking I was herxing.

I took 10 HH2 capsules a day. This is what Dr. S advises his patients to use (I consulted with a few of them). He says in his books that HH, Cumanda and clove bud oil will only work "in extremely high doses". Well, for me it set me back at tremendous cost financially as well as physically. I was also using cumanda and clover bud oil for bartonella and TOA free cat's claw and grapefrrut seed extract for the lyme. This cost over $500 a month and didn't work. How much is a LLMD?

The LLMD that diagnosed my lyme told me there are no herbal alternatives for treating bart because nothing works. If you are going to use herbs you need to also use abx. It seems you want to throw as much as possible at bart - be very aggressive.

You should get an LLMD that knows what he is doing. Most of the time you only need to visit the office once every 6 months with monthly phone consultations. It is pricey but it is more likely to get you well and if your vision is at stake, it should be a no brainer.

Some of the drugs to treat bart are expensive but some are fairly cheap. If you can get a GP on board, then he can help you out but he will know nothing about lyme and you will be in charge of developing your treatment plan - doesn't work too great when you have brain fog! You will also be less aggressive in your approach and miss a lot.

Artimisinin is the only herb that helps with babesia but it must be use in combo with abx.
Andrographis, teasal root and cat's claw can be effective against lyme but not if co-infections remain untreated. It is debatable if cat's claw should be TOA free, which is much more expensive than regular cat's claw.

About the HH it is made by different companies but Zhang's is the most potent by far. The taste is so wretched it would make you feel sick for hours, should you burp it up into your mouth. It tastes and smells like dead fish.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Q: "The ingredients are a blend of: Black Walnut, Quassia, Cloves, Male fern root (how biased, lol) and Woormwood (Artemisia absinthium)...is that the same thing?"

No, that is not the same as artemisinin. Artemisinin is much better.

In my opinion, that formula will help against parasites but will do very little against Babesia. And, while treatment with artemisinin is no walk in the park, it should never be used alone.

It is best to find a good LLMD. Babesia treatment is very complex. Look over Zhang's book about this. You'll see the protocol combination there. Allicin is key part of that.

And, you may also want to read Buhner's "Healing Lyme" Both of those - and other books - are listed in this thread:

=================================

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/2/13964?

Topic: How to find a LL ND (naturopathic doctor), acupuncturist, etc.

Includes how to find an ILADS-educated LL ND, an Acupuncturist, a doctor of Oriental Medicine (O.M.D.), or a doctor of Ayurvedic Medicine (D.Ay.), certified herbalists or nutritionists, etc.

Includes many articles and books on complementary / integrative methods - including Rife.

==================================

Find your local SUPPORT GROUP for help in finding a doctor, etc.

www.lymenet.org/SupportGroups/UnitedStates

==================================

Post in: SEEKING A DOCTOR

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=forum;f=2
-

seibertneurolyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In my opinion cryptolepis tincture (from Woodland Essence) does have some effect on bart -- but it requires extremely high doses and is not cheap.

Hubby started with 1 dropper 3 times per day or maybe it was even a lower dose and worked his way up to 15 droppers 3 times per day. This is 1/2 oz 3 times per day.

At the time this was the only thing that had worked in 8 years to stop hubby's parkinsons type tremors and myoclonus and seizure like episodes.

The herb became unavailable (imported from Africa) so I tapered down his dose to make it last as long as possible. It was 2 or 3 months before the herb became available again and although we tried ramping up the dose we were not able to achieve the same results the 2nd go round. We may have given up too quickly though.

Hubby also tried the HH and HH2 and I made capsules from the powdered herb as well. These herbs were not very effective -- I think the highest I went was either 3 or 6 per day on HH2 and maybe 15 per day on the herbal powder.

The cryptolepis will also have some effect on babesia -- but not sure if it will totally get rid of it.

In my opinion -- very doubtful that 2 months of Mepron was enough.

Ideally both babs and bart require 4 or 5 months of continuous treatment -- the life of the red blood cell. But in reality many people treat for much much longer.

As for financial help -- very hard to come by. Your best bet is to try to get the drug companies to help pay for meds. Depending on income there is some help available.

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karenl
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 17753

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karenl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with nefferdun. I took 15 HH for almost 2.5 years and did not get better.

Bartonella has the same symptoms as chlamydia pneumonia. Please read their webpage as you might have cpn and not bartonella, then you need the right treatment. cpnhelp.org.
Most lyme doctors miss cpn.

Posts: 1834 | From US | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement