LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » full MOON meltdown

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: full MOON meltdown
jpsmom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23895

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jpsmom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
has anyone experienced severe symptom flareups & emotional breakdowns when a full moon? [dizzy]
Posts: 443 | From The North Star | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jarjar
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jarjar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep, just use the history search tab and type in full moon. This topic is brought up all the time.
Posts: 805 | From Utopia | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ALWAYS! My lyme always flares under the full moon. When I was sickest I never planned trying to do anything before and during the full moon. And during an eclipse. . . !

Some people scoff at the is but it is very common. My son's girlfriend worked at a nursing home and she said they always posted full moons on the bulletin board because the patients were more volatile on those nights -

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes, definitely, and the parasites go dancing and copulate when approaching and during full moon!
I have posted about this numerous times. The physical and emotional body are one. My doctor used to tell me that during this time his phone rings off the hook!

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tricky Tickey
Member # 26546

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tricky Tickey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This also rings true for mental/emotional flare-ups. I get more calls for psychosis & highly charged situations during the moon phase, full.

--------------------
Early Disseminated LD- 2010.
Currently doing acupuncture and yoga.
Negative Igenex (IND & Pos Bands)
ISSUES AFTER: Tendonitis, letter reversal, Low immune system.
PREVENTION:SaltC,Iodine,Humaworm,
Chiropractic.

Posts: 1013 | From In a van down by the river. | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kelmo
Member # 8797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kelmo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My daughter was screamed at, threatened, belittled, and held hostage by a teacher this week. The man went psycho. She couldn't get out of his office, he was barring the door.

Had to have been the full moon. She also gets more ill during a full moon.

Oh...when she was finally released, she got on the phone immediately and withdrew from the class. It was sad, the man was her mentor.

Posts: 2903 | From AZ | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jane2904
Member # 15917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jane2904     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, this has been a hard week for our daughter.

Lots of air hunger, etc. symptoms are flaring!!!

Posts: 1357 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree - parasites....

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
I have always had the opposite reaction, even since childhood. I feel much more calm during a full moon's cycle. During the day, I look forward to the night as I love to just bask in its glow and feel more connected to the galaxy.

I'm glad to get the moon rise from my deck and be able to see the whole show. It's very meditative for me, so much so that I can barely go to bed when I should. I'm out there with my binoculars just watching the way the light bounces off the craters.

With all the lights off in the apt. the moon shines all the way through. It's rather magical and so relaxing to me. I feel like I'm being pulled WITH the moon and not against it. Not sure how this is so different for me but I do appreciate at least this one area where I'm in sync.

Regardless of the moon's stage, it's daytime that really clobbers me with all the human and machine activity swirling madly about, being busy-busy with a buzz-buzz.

I could live in moonlight just fine, just by the light of the silvery moon.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Remember to Smile
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Smile]

http://www.fullmoon.info/en/fullmoon-calendar.html

[spinning smile]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good, I don't feel anything. No twitches to remind me lyme is still there. In fact, So far it is a good day but I took your recommendation of taking St. John's Wort and that is helping.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The theory still sounds a bit far-fetched to me. [Smile] To each their own, right?
Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anjiell
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28322

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anjiell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it does seem unbelievable but after a severe flare of my lyme(and all his other little germ friends he invites over)i ended up in the er earl sunday moring and was admitted overnight for the usual you look so sick we are not sure what this is
Posts: 125 | From western mass | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stefan
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19150

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stefan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yupp - always feeling worse and i have parasites too dientamoeba fragilis and blastocystis. like clockwork
Posts: 188 | From Germany | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A customer came into my store the other day complaining about tinnitus.

And he said it's worse during a FULL MOON!

All i could think of was parasites lol
Could it also just be the pressure from the gravitational pull?

Or are parasites the likely culprit for his tinnitus flareups?

Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kidsgotlyme
Member # 23691

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kidsgotlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to ALWAYS get my hair cut on a full moon. The lady said that it would make my hair thicker because it's so baby fine.

It seemed to help. Farmers plant their crops according to the moon cycles. My Daddy swears by it.

Things that make you go hummm...

--------------------
symptoms since 1993 that I can remember. 9/2018 diagnosed with Borellia, Babesia Duncani, and Bartonella Hensalae thru DNA Connections.

Posts: 1470 | From Tennessee | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elizzza811
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24713

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elizzza811     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's not just the moon though. I've been checking Space Weather for YEARS now, and certain 'events' can cause me to melt down. See below for the specifics...

Space Weather Now:
http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/SWN/index.html

...When the Dynamic Pressure Drops to zero, so do I. Occasionally the Dynamic Pressure can remain at zero for days, too, though not too often recently.

Space Weather Archives (click on Currently in Effect):
http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/alerts/archive.html#2006

...Electron Fluxes and Geomagnetic "K" Storms can cause melt downs in me, as can Sudden Impulses and Stratwarms.

Radio events can often improve symptoms, at least temporarily.

Today's Space Weather:
http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/today2.html

...Check the 2 graphs daily.

I haven't yet figured out the first Solar X-ray Flux graph, but so far I've noticed that when the yellow line goes crazy jagged I often feel better, as long as the red line goes less crazy jagged. Never quite could figure this one out?

I also often feel better when the second graph's blue line goes jaggedy and dips lower (like today); worse when the blue line remains relatively straight or climbs above the electron flux dotted line. Also worse when the Estimated Kp bars turn yellow or red.

Sunspot Page:
http://spaceweather.com/

Spotless suns can cause meltdowns, as well as can sunspots alive with 'magnetic filaments'.

Coronal Mass Ejections can improve symptoms for a few hours initially, until the Solar Wind Stream triggered by the CME approaches. Even 'far side' CME's can affect me.

Keep a log of your symptoms though...I really want others here to try this out. Numerous times I was feeling 'magnetic filament' BAD, though nothing unusual was displaying on any of the above pages. The next day, however, an article would appear describing a huge magnetic filament that had erupted on the sun a day earlier. You'll never believe me until you start checking these daily though...

--------------------
Urge Congress on EMF Safety, FCC Must Change Exposure Guidelines for Microwave Radiation Exposure: http://tinyurl.com/2cjq54y
Halt Universal Broadband, A Public Health Hazard:
http://tinyurl.com/3x7xrmq

Posts: 495 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kidsgotlyme
Member # 23691

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kidsgotlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
very interesting Elizzza..

--------------------
symptoms since 1993 that I can remember. 9/2018 diagnosed with Borellia, Babesia Duncani, and Bartonella Hensalae thru DNA Connections.

Posts: 1470 | From Tennessee | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
micheledeleo
Member # 28077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for micheledeleo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Keebler:
-
I have always had the opposite reaction, even since childhood. I feel much more calm during a full moon's cycle. During the day, I look forward to the night as I love to just bask in its glow and feel more connected to the galaxy.

I'm glad to get the moon rise from my deck and be able to see the whole show. It's very meditative for me, so much so that I can barely go to bed when I should. I'm out there with my binoculars just watching the way the light bounces off the craters.

With all the lights off in the apt. the moon shines all the way through. It's rather magical and so relaxing to me. I feel like I'm being pulled WITH the moon and not against it. Not sure how this is so different for me but I do appreciate at least this one area where I'm in sync.

Regardless of the moon's stage, it's daytime that really clobbers me with all the human and machine activity swirling madly about, being busy-busy with a buzz-buzz.

I could live in moonlight just fine, just by the light of the silvery moon.
-

Me too Keebler !! I feel better than ever !

--------------------
Michele Morales

Posts: 3 | From Cedar Grove, New Jersey | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elizzza811
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24713

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elizzza811     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kidsgotlyme:
very interesting Elizzza..

I really wish more people would look into this. So many times when my symptoms are flaring I read posts on here about similar flares that just happened to coincide with mine...and some sun-related 'event'.

You would have to check these websites daily though to find out what your own personal triggers are.

I actually look forward to checking these space weather sites daily though, sometimes multiple times per day, especially if my symptoms go from bad to worse rapidly...it's like my morning cup of coffee, without the caffeine... [Wink]

--------------------
Urge Congress on EMF Safety, FCC Must Change Exposure Guidelines for Microwave Radiation Exposure: http://tinyurl.com/2cjq54y
Halt Universal Broadband, A Public Health Hazard:
http://tinyurl.com/3x7xrmq

Posts: 495 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kidsgotlyme
Member # 23691

Eliza, it sounds like me having to have my morning cup of Facebook.... [Big Grin]

--------------------

iamgreek
Member # 29517

Icon 1 posted      Profile for iamgreek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, my old Potts like symptoms flared up. I felt so discouraged.

Then I realized it was a full moon. Dosed up with art, parisite

cleanse and hit the sauna..try to kill those damn bugs !

Posts: 85 | From Long Branch NJ | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Published in 2002 - Neurotoxin Elimination Protocol

"Clinical tips from Dr Klinghardt

Most symptoms of heavy metal toxicity, mold exposure, Lyme disease and
parasite infestation often look identical. Here is a way to differentiate:

Tip #1:
 Lyme symptoms worsen during and after successful mercury
detoxification (Hg-poisoning was successfully used as a treatment for
spirochetes. After eliminating Hg, the microbes recover before the host
immune system does).
 Mold symptoms improve after successful Hg removal (mold uses Hg to
protect itself from the host immune system)

Tip#2:
 Lyme arthritis affects the large joints, mostly knee and hip
 Mold arthritis affects the small joints of the spine (facet joints) and of the
fingers

Tip#3: rythms and biorythms:
 mold symptoms can flare up within minutes after exposure (ie visiting
someone who lives in a moldy home)
 Lyme symptoms undulate with slower biorythms: 9-10 day cycles, 28-day
cycles . When symptoms come back, usually slow rise in intensity over 24
hours.

Worm and parasite symptoms worsen for 2-3 days during the full moon
(this is when they are sexually most active and propagate - with
accompanying immune reaction). Patient feels relatively well during new
moon

Tip#4: location:
 mold sufferers feel better in dry climates
 Lyme sufferers cannot tolerate sunshine and often feel worse in dry/sunny
climates (avoid sun, get depressed in sun

Tip#5: behavior/moods:
 worms in men: risk taking behavior. In women: docile behavior.
In both:
short episodes of odd crazy schizoid behavior (hours).
 Neuro-Lyme: episodes of rages and depression. Same mood may last for a
few days or weeks, not minutes. Normal/nice episodes even in illest
person. Get easily infatuated in inappropriate ways

mold: often moods connected with dullness of brain. Can change in
minutes after exposure. Often chronically irritated as long as in mold
environment and immediately better, as soon as out
 Metal toxicity: affected patients drawn to the dark/evil.

Man made:
artificial environments (prefer Disney land over trip to the ocean), rhythm
without real music

Detox has to be done carefully and right!"

October 2002/2nd edition Jan 2006
Dietrich Klinghardt, MD, PhD
Bellevue, Washington, USA
www.neuraltherapy.com

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Remember to Smile
Unregistered

Icon 14 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GiGi, that's terrific!
Dr K is so insightful. Excellent outline differentiating symptoms. Thanks so much for helping us all!
[bow]

p.s. -- My dog tripped hurrying up the stairs today. That only happens now & then. She's contracted Lyme before and got stronger meds than I. Oughta start tracking her symptoms, too...
Smile

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Member # 20157

Reading Dr. K's theories, I can only say that I feel much better when it is sunny and depressed when it is cloudy and dark - opposite of what he observes.

I always recover in spring and relapse in fall. Every summer I am hopeful I am close to recovery but by winter I am in a complete relapse and very sick. I believe a winter trip below the equator might help me.

I am not experiencing Bb symptoms right now but my CD57 is in the 50's so I am not fully recovered. Before, when Bb was in the forefront I always flared during the full moon and an eclipse left me bed ridden. I do not feel much difference treating babesia or bart.

--------------------

FYRECRACKER
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FYRECRACKER   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I totally had a meltdown too, i should've known better. Half way thru my meltdown, my brother commented on how bright the moon was. And then I said, "DAMMIT!" lol.

I totally forgot the full moon was coming. Some affect me, some dont so much, but this one was god awful. PS. I'm currently addressing parasites

--------------------
www.mylymechronicle.wordpress.com

Posts: 885 | From US | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
By the way
The TV shows SCRUBS has an episode called ...

My Full Moon
Pretty funny episode that demonstrates exactly how crazy ER centers can get around full moons : )

http://www.watch-scrubs-online-free.com/Watch_Scrubs_Online_Season_8_Episode_13_My_Full_Moon.html

Warning - some popups - so have a blocker

Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement