LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

This topic has been moved to General Support.     next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Glen Beck may have lyme disease!

Author Topic: Glen Beck may have lyme disease!
tick battler
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 21113

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tick battler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't listen to him but our babysitter told me that her mom does and apparently he was telling listeners that he is going blind and something is wrong with him. The doc's just can't figure it out. The bottoms of his feet hurt like crazy when he wakes up in the middle of the night or in the morning. He is getting numbness and tingling in his hands. His throat really hurts. He's itchy all over.

And he lives in CT. Hmmm....seems pretty obvious to me. I would put money on Lyme and bartonella. I'm sure he's seeing the "best" MD's out there. Well, hate to say this but we do need more famous people to get Lyme. Particularly those with a voice. Then maybe things will start changing.

tickbattler

Posts: 1763 | From Malvern, PA | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ian
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24637

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If that is indeed true I hope that he gets a proper diagnosis fast. Being rich and famous may actually be a detriment to getting an accurate diagnosis of TBD as the "best" doctors are likely just as ignorant and even less likely to keep an open mind.

If he is diagnosed, given how aggressively populist he is, he could do some good. Never thought I'd feel bad for Glenn Beck. Hope it's not true.

--------------------
Bart and Babesia seropositive
Current tx: Rifampin, Biaxin, Bactrim DS, Artemisinin, Resveratrol (japanese knotweed), Red Root, Boneset

Posts: 168 | From PA | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littlebit27
Member # 24477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for littlebit27   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That is a sad thing to say "hate to say this but we do need more famous people to get Lyme" but it's true.

The more media attention and the more proof we can get the better our case is.

I do hope whatever it is, he gets a DX soon.

--------------------
*Brittany Lyme Aware on FB*
http://littlebithaslyme.wordpress.com/

Posts: 2310 | From Southeast | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
missing
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22437

Icon 1 posted      Profile for missing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why don't we all email him?

Just to give him some info.

Especially about getting the right tests and a LLMD.

This is a chance to be an activist.

If he does have it, he deserves our help. He has kids and a wife at risk.

AND, it might help all of us.

Posts: 606 | From somewhere out there | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peter j
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11825

Icon 1 posted      Profile for peter j     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good idea missing. If someone emails him, please posthere saying that you've done so.

I am sure he gets hundreds of emails each day, so it's better if it's five who email him [about lyme] than if it's one...

Posts: 275 | From Home | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brandi
Member # 27190

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brandi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I emailed him......
Posts: 29 | From North Carolina | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kimmie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25547

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kimmie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just emailed him too...actually to "Stu" the exacutive producer.

mailto:[email protected]

mailto:[email protected]

Just suggesting he be tested for lyme...dont want to everwhelm them with TMI. He is the most outspoken, opiniated person I have ever heard speak. He is the one person who could make a difference with this disease.

Posts: 747 | From Utah | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LAXlover
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25518

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LAXlover     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll email him also. He's a good and compassionate person and if he has it, everyone will know about Lyme and what it can do to a body. Certainly hope he doesn't though.

--------------------
LAXlover

Posts: 371 | From Northern Baltimore Area | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kimmie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25547

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kimmie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://209.157.64.200/focus/news/2595469/posts?page=165

I think this is the link to the story

Posts: 747 | From Utah | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
METALLlC BLUE
Member # 6628

Icon 1 posted      Profile for METALLlC BLUE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
President Bush was infected with Lyme Disease. That didn't help our cause. He never even told the public. It wasn't until a year later that the white house released his "annual physical exam" when they told the public.

I doubt Glenn Beck would speak out. The first people at his bedside will be Dr. Wormser and Dr. Steere if he were to be diagnosed with Lyme Disease. He'll go with the most well known prestigious individuals who treat Lyme Disease based on mainstream medical opinion.

I just love this line from the link above:

"Please pray for America; let's remember that WITHOUT His help, we're going to lose. aren't just fighting the POLICIES of the radical, anti-American, hate mongering American left. We're also fighting against the Father of Lies. Remember this, and let's all work like it all depends on us, and pray like it all depends on Him!

Gotta love politics.

--------------------
I am not a physician, so do your own research to confirm any ideas given and then speak with a health care provider you trust.

E-mail: [email protected]

Posts: 4157 | From Western Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
METALLlC BLUE
Member # 6628

Icon 1 posted      Profile for METALLlC BLUE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Link to President Bush having Lyme:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/08/08/AR2007080802268.html

--------------------
I am not a physician, so do your own research to confirm any ideas given and then speak with a health care provider you trust.

Posts: 4157 | From Western Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pinelady
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pinelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh my he has such a following I hope it is not Lyme rage he has been exhibiting.

It seems to come early in the disease and then resolves as time goes on for most...

But I do hope someone told him about how bad the tests were, and that a challenge and Igenex may get a truer test...

I read the postings. Shame so many people still believe MS is a real disease, not a symptom.

--------------------
Suspected Lyme 07 Test neg One band migrating in IgG region
unable to identify.Igenex Jan.09IFA titer 1:40 IND
IgM neg pos
31 +++ 34 IND 39 IND 41 IND 83-93 +
DX:Neuroborreliosis

Posts: 5850 | From Kentucky | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jarjar
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jarjar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wish one could use the freedom of information act on how long Bush was treated for Lyme. I found it interesting that he had a colonoscopey and the Doctors went into all kinds of details.

They made the Lyme announcement a year after being treated with little details.

I hate to say this but I think the best thing that could come out of the Glen Beck deal would be that he would have to stop doing his show for awhile and then recover and come back. That way the public would really see how devastating this disease is.

Posts: 805 | From Utopia | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wrote a nice informative email and sent it to [email protected] and I got a message saying that it failed to go through....not sure why.

--------------------
The fibromyalgia I've had for 32 years was an undiagnosed Lyme symptom.

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
missing
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22437

Icon 1 posted      Profile for missing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I sent emails.

--------------------
I am not a doctor. I have no clue.

Posts: 606 | From somewhere out there | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
onbam
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Don't expect anyone associated with a major media outlet to go to bat for us. Strictly verbotten.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Could explain why he cries so easily too.

I heard yesterday from a Lyme friend that Pres Bush and Laura are both ill. This person said Laura has bruccellosis.(sp??)

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by METALLlC BLUE:
[QB] Link to President Bush having Lyme:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/08/08/AR2007080802268.html

Quote from Wormser:
"There are no documented cases of Lyme disease in the president's home state, where he spent much of last August on vacation." (IDIOT)

He also said it wasn't clear whether those with STARI need to be treated or if it would go away on its own. ( [bonk] )

This man is so stupid.

--------

Pres Bush & Lyme
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20182154/

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pinelady
Member # 18524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pinelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No this man is rich and mean and self serving.

He is not stupid.

You don't get to be a top dog in IDSA by being stupid.

I better state for the record---I was referring to IDSA not Mr. Beck.

--------------------
IgM neg pos

Posts: 5850 | From Kentucky | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
METALLlC BLUE
Member # 6628

Pine, you're talking about Wormser?

--------------------

linky123
Member # 19974

Icon 1 posted      Profile for linky123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sent an email to Mr. Beck as well.

--------------------
'Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.' Matthew 11:28

Posts: 2607 | From Hooterville | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pinelady
Member # 18524

Yes--I was refering to what lymetoo said--

Quote from Wormser:
"There are no documented cases of Lyme disease in the president's home state, where he spent much of last August on vacation." (IDIOT)

He also said it wasn't clear whether those with STARI need to be treated or if it would go away on its own. ( [bonk] )

This man is so stupid.
----------
She is too nice...

--------------------
IgM neg pos

randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
remember -- according to my very knowledgeable gp "there is no lyme disease in texas and there has never been a documented case."

arrrghhhhh.....

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erikjh1972
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20964

Icon 1 posted      Profile for erikjh1972     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i believe the story about Bush is that he got it during one of his runs through D.C.

as for Glen Beck, he should quit his show, dedicate his life to Lyme Awareness (if he has it) then he would get respect from myself instaead of looking like a damn fool everynight on t.v.

--------------------
3 months Doxy
8 months of Tetra
7 months of Biaxin/Plaq.
4 months Doxy/Biaxin/Plaq.
5 months Biaxin/Plaq.
Back on Doxy/Biax/Plaq
On the road to recovery.
Trying to make people Lyme Aware.......

Posts: 289 | From R.I. | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would think Camp David is tick heaven also. Unless the Secret Service was on tick alert and fought them off before they could attack.

So it might not of been a Texas tick? Since there's no lyme in Tx.

If what Tutu hears is correct and both of them are ill, they will be able to get some drs attention. They won't be looked at like they are crazy.

So sad that our nation's citizens are being sickened and the medical establishment is so uneducated about the root cause.

Pam

PS: I still wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy,even the worm.

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeshmyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeshmyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I hope he looks into Lyme because it sure sounds like Lyme to me. From the few symptoms I read, I have those (and many more). I'm saddened that more famous, rich people who get it say nothing and do nothing to help the cause and all the other people who cannot afford the top of the top in medical care. I hope, if he has it, he'll bring it to the attention of the mainstream.
Posts: 256 | From Texas | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The story about Bush was that he got it at Camp David. I thought it was amusing when he said at a press conference that someone who asked him three questions would have to remind him of what the other two were as he would forget. Don't we all forget!

And then he had an MRI done at Walter Reed Hospital because his shoulder was aching so badly. They found nothing. I wonder if he got proper treatment and if he did, he is a jerk for not making an issue of making the same treatment available to all of us.

I don't know who Beck is (don't I forget !).

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
groovy2
Member # 6304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for groovy2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi All
Bush and Beck -Sweet-

Posts: 2999 | From Austin tx USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
burnsjw
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for burnsjw   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Google: You are not alone celebrities with Lupus. Millie and Tillie , pres . Bush Seniors Dogs had Lupus. The dev. it while at the white house. Bush senior use to take a shower with them in the shower every day. The poor dogs probably had lyme
Posts: 211 | From In my house | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
linky123
Member # 19974

Icon 1 posted      Profile for linky123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think we should put our personal feelings toward the man aside and email, email, email...maybe one of us will get through.

Whatever you think of the him, he is not one to back away from controversy. He may be a good spokesman.

We've been whining for years that we need a spokesman, someone high-profile to bring this to the world's attention. I can't think of a better person.

If he doesn't have lyme or doesn't speak up, we are no worse off for it. At least we know we tried.

If he does have it, maybe we can save him from the some of the misery we've all been through.

Just because I don't like someone, I would never hesitate to try to inform them of what the possiblities are with this disease.

We need to keep this up and keep trying. I intend to keep emailing him daily.

There were three emails, his and two others on the site I went to. Might be good to hit them all.

[ 09-29-2010, 06:33 PM: Message edited by: linky123 ]

--------------------
'Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.' Matthew 11:28

Posts: 2607 | From Hooterville | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IckyTicky
Member # 21466

Icon 1 posted      Profile for IckyTicky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I happen to agree with most of his views.
I sent him an email too.

--------------------
IGM: 18+, 23+, 30+, 31+++, 34+, 39IND, 41++, 58+++, 66+, 83-93IND
IGG: 31+, 39IND, 41+
Also positive for Mycoplasma Pneumoniae and RMSF.
Whole family of 5 dx with Lyme.

Posts: 1014 | From Texas | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thomasx
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13431

Icon 1 posted      Profile for thomasx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Glenn seems like a real good guy. I wrote to him also.
Posts: 386 | From Southeastern PA | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by map1131:

If what Tutu hears is correct and both of them are ill, they will be able to get some drs attention. They won't be looked at like they are crazy.

The only people they'll get "attention" from are IDSA ducks. I think celebrities and high profile people are LESS likely to get the proper help. They either go to, or are sent to, the "best" hospitals and clinics...

uh... like Hopkins, Mayo.... gag me ...

However, Pres Bush supposedly saw an LLMD at one point. I pray he will give that man a call.

I agree that if Beck found out he had lyme and that it was such a controversial disease, he would be "all over it, publicly."

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

'Kete-tracker
Member # 17189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 'Kete-tracker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Metallic:
All "tests" they ran on "'w'" were negative for Lyme... or so I've read.
Not to say that That really confirms anything, Huh?
The story goes that his doctors believe it was S.T.A.R.I., another spirochetal illness- more common in Texas- that supposedly doesn't bring the serious risk of health complications that Borrelia Burgdorferi does.

As far as celebrities getting 'L.B.' (as it's more commonly known in Europe), the recent case of an original band member of the 'E Street Band' contracting Lyme- Bill Chinook...
I don't ever recall The Boss (Bruce Springsteen, for those not sharp on their knowledge of the popular music scene) ever make any 'public stir' to promote awareness &/or help fund research for Lyme disease, even after poor Bill did himself in! A sad testimony for our current state of affairs. -M

Posts: 1233 | From Dover, NH | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kday
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22234

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kday     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by randibear:
remember -- according to my very knowledgeable gp "there is no lyme disease in texas and there has never been a documented case."

arrrghhhhh.....

My grandma was in the ICU. My mom brought up Lyme, and a nurse said they see A LOT of Lyme in TX now, and it's even hard to detect.

Surprising, eh? An ICU is actually recognizing the problem of detection and prompt diagnosis. The nurse did mention political action does need to be taken to get the disease recognized by the mainstream.

While my Grandma was in the ICU a 23 year old was diagnosed with Rocky Mountain Spotted fever. He walked away fine after he almost died. His fever was 106 and blood pressure dropped to 50/20. He is a personal trainer.

Tell your knowledgeable doctor that aware ICU nurses disagree. Why does the state only report 100 cases? I am not sure. TMB corruption is my guess.

Posts: 967 | From A deserted island without internet access | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
linky123
Member # 19974

When we email him, we can at least try to educate him a little bit about the importance of finding an llmd, and getting the right kind of testing.

--------------------

Tricky Tickey
Member # 26546

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tricky Tickey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I happen to be a fan of Beck & not afraid to say so. I'll just bet if he gets enough emails, he'll look into it. It wouldn't hurt to approach the 'far right'. They can be an asset if done properly.

--------------------
Early Disseminated LD- 2010.
Currently doing acupuncture and yoga.
Negative Igenex (IND & Pos Bands)
ISSUES AFTER: Tendonitis, letter reversal, Low immune system.
PREVENTION:SaltC,Iodine,Humaworm,
Chiropractic.

Posts: 1013 | From In a van down by the river. | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
onbam
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post 
I heard that Bush's physician called the head of ILADS to ask what to do, and then proceeded to have Wormser go out and speak about how benign the president's illness was.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

I fully believe Bush was Lymed at Camp David or somewhere in the North East... not in Texas. BUT.. he could have been lymed in both places.

just my opinion...

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

linky123
Member # 19974

Arkiehinny,

I like him too.

--------------------

erikjh1972
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20964

Icon 1 posted      Profile for erikjh1972     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
who cares if you like him or not, hes good for our cause and thats it PERIOD....i hate him but if he helps push this to the fore front then good for him.

Lyme is political an issue as it is, so whether you agree with HIS politics is irrelavent.

--------------------
3 months Doxy
8 months of Tetra
7 months of Biaxin/Plaq.
4 months Doxy/Biaxin/Plaq.
5 months Biaxin/Plaq.
Back on Doxy/Biax/Plaq
On the road to recovery.
Trying to make people Lyme Aware.......

Posts: 289 | From R.I. | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I kinda like not getting the recognition.

Fuels me to learn even more about my health and this disease.
(Plus I don't want a pity party)

In fact... it's the lack of recognition that brought me to this site to begin with.

This disease has brought me closer to my immediate family and friends (who understand what we go through)

And Lord knows even if mainstream medicine DOES eventually acknowledge chronic Lyme... they will somehow botch the treatment.

I consider myself lucky

Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymeorsomething
Member # 16359

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymeorsomething     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He did well to overcome alcoholism and establish a solid career. I'd hate to see the guy saddled with lyme, but he has the right constitution to generate attention on issues.

--------------------
"Whatever can go wrong will go wrong."

Posts: 2062 | From CT | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AlanaSuzanne
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25882

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AlanaSuzanne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lymeorsomething, absolutely he certainly has the "right constitution" to generate attention on the issues.

He is politically incorrect (a trait I so admire) and he might very well be one who puts it out there if indeed he has LD.

Canefan, I am glad that this dd has brought you closer to your family and friends. That's a blessing for sure.

I don't think anyone here wants a pity party, tho I've had my own private ones for sure.

But the lack of recognition of this devastating disease is part of the problem.

--------------------
You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.'

---Eleanor Roosevelt

Posts: 748 | From somewhere | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alana,

I agree. But welcome to America in the 21st century.

It's only gonna get worse before it gets better.

: )

Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AlanaSuzanne
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25882

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AlanaSuzanne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hhhmmm....maybe. But it's already worse, at least for me in my lifetime unless I live to like 120.

--------------------
You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.'

---Eleanor Roosevelt

Posts: 748 | From somewhere | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AlanaSuzanne
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25882

and should I have the good fortune of even coming close to living to 80 (which at this point it would be a freaking miracle if I live to 70 with all the stress), you can bet that I'll be that little old (or tall, youngish-looking) lady selling you the Lyme-awareness posters, tee-shirts and magnets.

--------------------

---Eleanor Roosevelt

bcb1200
Member # 25745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bcb1200     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
email sent

--------------------
Bite date ?
2/10 symptoms began
5/10 dx'd, after 3 months numerous test and doctors

IgM Igenex +/CDC +
+ 23/25, 30, 31, 34, 41, 83/93

Currently on:

Currently at around 95% +/- most days.

Posts: 3134 | From Massachusetts | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peter j
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11825

Icon 1 posted      Profile for peter j     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
BCB: good! I hope more people can email him. A media person like him could become important for our cause.
Posts: 275 | From Home | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder why I keep getting a message telling me my email failed, when sending a message to [email protected].

I even removed my links, thinking that his email would not accept links, but it still failed.

I tried 3 times.

--------------------

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
linky123
Member # 19974

Here are the three emails I found:

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

As I said, maybe if we hit them all, we'll get through.

Good luck!

--------------------

dyna3495
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24126

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dyna3495     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If Glenn Beck does not come forward to expose the imcompetence in lyme treatment then we will know he is a sham !
Posts: 160 | From Mid-east USA | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dmc
Member # 5102

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dmc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If ypu watch his show, or listen to his radio program he has talked about.

He has a Genetic Disease...His sister has it too...She came down with it first a few years ago....He even has talked about it on Bill O'Reilly.

Posts: 2675 | From ct, usa | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Member # 18239

I believe that he was diagnosed with Macular Dystrophy.

If he has numbness of his hands and feet, it is not explained by this diagnosis.

--------------------

n2themystic
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 27315

Icon 1 posted      Profile for n2themystic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am not a fan of Beck's views or methods. I don't agree with his saying Obama is a socialist, communist, fascist, and he is like Hitler. Which is it? They are not the same ideologies. I think he has "some" good ideas but don't like the way he presents them. As far as his crying, he admitted that he does that for affect and its not real... at least most of the time.

ok this is not about politics (other than lyme politics) so that is all I will say. I do hope if he has Lyme he gets treatment and if he would help get the word about lyme in the spotlight it would improve my opinion of him.

Posts: 186 | From colorado | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
linky123
Member # 19974

Maybe we ought to wait and see what happens. We may never know. It could be something else. It is a person's right to keep his medical problems to himself.

But if he does, it might be the breakthrough we need as well as a way to help him.

Just keep emailing!!!!

--------------------

tvalentijn
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5255

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tvalentijn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Call me a cynic but probably the best thing for us would be if there would be a whole bunch of famous / rich people get sick from Lyme, stay undiagnosed for 4 - 5 years, and get stuck with chronic Lyme. Sorry for them but good for us, since maybe they would believe that there actually is such a thing as chronic Lyme and they could / would be the advocates we need...

So I say don't send e-mails to the Becks and Bushes of the world!!!

Posts: 147 | From Westborough, MA, USA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
linky123
Member # 19974

I'd email Attila the Hun if I thought it would help the lyme community.

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by Dekrator48:
[QB] I wonder why I keep getting a message telling me my email failed, when sending a message to [email protected].

I had the same problem. I'll try the [email protected]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by tvalentijn:
[QB] Call me a cynic but probably the best thing for us would be if there would be a whole bunch of famous / rich people get sick from Lyme, stay undiagnosed for 4 - 5 years, and get stuck with chronic Lyme.

Ain't gonna happen. I've been here 10 yrs and several well-known people have gotten Lyme. Most have not/will not come forward.

Amy Tan did, to some extent.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

randibear
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hmm, i have mixed feelings. i'm not sure i would send an email saying lyme to anyone i'm not considering a personal friend.

i've just learned the hard way not to mention it.

well that's because "it doesn't exist in texas".

so i'd say better safe than sorry.

--------------------

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chaps
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25286

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chaps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm disappointed in Randy Travis for not coming forward and holding country/western music concerts (a la Live-Aid) to raise Lyme awareness, research money, and other acts of activism. All he did was the YouTube video for either Sunridge or Sierra, I can't remember which.

--------------------
-chaps
�Listen to the bell, Borrelia. It tolls for thee!�

Posts: 631 | From A little place called, "we'll see." | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
linky123
Member # 19974

We also had [email protected] fail to go through.

Both [email protected] and

[email protected] went through.

--------------------

linky123
Member # 19974

TuTu,

I know how you feel. Maybe we shouldn't get our hopes up too much, but at least we can try. Nothing will happen for sure if we don't.

Thanks for your attempts to get through.

He must get hit with tons of emails, so it could take a little effort on our part.

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Thanks for the encouragement (well, you DID motivate me to try again!).. I'll try again now. Been out most of the day.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

mcg08002
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24617

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mcg08002   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am going to try to email him. He is Mormon, and his daughter goes to my school (BYU-Idaho). (I am also Mormon lol)

--------------------
Stephanie, University Student.

Ehrlichia [POSITIVE]
IGG/IGM AB [H] 1.49
indexLyme AB interp. EIA [A] POSITIVE
IGG P93 AB [PRESENT]
IGG P41 AB [PRESENT]
IGM P41 AB [PRESENT]
IGM P23 AB [PRESENT]
Lyme IGM WB interp. [A] [PRESENT]

Posts: 145 | From Idaho | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
linky123
Member # 19974

Thank you Tutu and mcg!

Like I said, maybe it will go nowhere, but he's got a HUGE audience, and a BIG voice. I can't think of anyone else who would be more high-profile than him.

Chaps,

I didn't know Randy Travis had lyme. I watched the video and you're right. Pretty disappointing.

--------------------

tsilverman21
Member # 24939

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tsilverman21     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I came to this site because I have been out of work and getting neg and pos test now and the run around for 6months. I finally found an LLMD to take me and am waiting for the call to go get a PIC line put in. I thought this was a support site, and have been looking at a lot of qustions and things for information. I know it is a hard fight. Just in my year and a half I have been trated like crap and thrown around everywhere. My LLMD asked me to document and join the fight and I will no problem. But to hear we whish this diesaes on anyone rich or famous whether we like them or not is just not right. We are all better than that. We can fightthose that need to be fought. There are more and more of us In every state. What do they need form us? Our voice can be just as loud.
Posts: 10 | From Silver Spring, Md | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ian
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24637

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
tsilver, I think I speak for everyone when I say that I wouldn't wish Lyme and other TBD on my worst enemy. At the same time it is a sheer statistical certainty that famous people will get Lyme. If we can educate them to help them reach a diagnosis eventually one of them will become involved in the fight.

Our society is such that a single high profile celebrity would do more for Lyme awareness than another 1000 activists. What coverage do the thousands of activists currently get from the media? Practically none. What coverage would someone like Glenn Beck get if he became an activist? A lot.

--------------------
Bart and Babesia seropositive
Current tx: Rifampin, Biaxin, Bactrim DS, Artemisinin, Resveratrol (japanese knotweed), Red Root, Boneset

Posts: 168 | From PA | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Got Lyme?
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11109

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Got Lyme?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Email sent!

--------------------
Margaret

Posts: 103 | From CT | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Member # 11290

i don't think we are wishing someone would get lyme. we're not that cruel!!

it's just obvious that say when michael fox gets parkinson, he goes before congress and the whole world gets information and funding for it.

but when someone gets lyme they're a footnote. there is no publicity, and when president bush got it, very little if at all.

all we're saying is that, in my opinion, money talks...

you don't think if paris hilton or brad pitt got lyme, it wouldn't be publicized? you betcha it would.

so please don't think ill of us, but it's simply the truth from where i stand. famous people make the news and so do their illnessess.

--------------------

canefan17
Member # 22149

tsilverman,

You took everything out of context.

Hope you'll go back and re-read the above posts.

I never saw one person "wishing Lyme" on Glen Beck.

sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
moving to general support

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement