LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » HELP WITH IGENEX WB RESULTS PLEASE

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: HELP WITH IGENEX WB RESULTS PLEASE
mysteryillness1970
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysteryillness1970     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just got a call from my LLMD's office and they said I don't have Lyme (even though I have been treated under strong suspicion due to many organs not functioning/failing).

I had a tick bite when I was young and I am bedridden most of the time, I don't understand this. Are these tests ever wrong? Is there such a thing as false negative when it comes to IgeneX?

I am SO confused, upset and feel hopeless, AGAIN...I am on the verge of tears. Not that I want to have Lyme but if it's not Lyme what is it???

I have literally been tested for "everything" by more than 30 doctors over the course of 20 years and no one can come up with anything. I thought I finally had the answer.

Could you please help interpret my results? Thank you and God bless.

IGENEX IGM RESULT: NEGATIVE
CDC/NYS RESULT: NEGATIVE
**23-25 kDa -
**31 kDa -
**34 kDa -
**39 kDa -
**41 kDa -
**83-93 kDa -

IGENEX IGG RESULT: NEGATIVE
CDC/NYS RESULT: NEGATIVE
**23-25 kDa -
**31 kDa -
**34 kDa -
**39 kDa -
**41 kDa -
**83-93 kDa -

(18, 22, 28, 30, 45, 58, 66, 73 HAD NO STARS)

Posts: 166 | From USA | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tests can have false negatives.

That being said, I've never seen one as completely negative as yours. I would start looking for what else might be wrong.

What are your symptoms?

Have you responded to abx treatment at all?

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IckyTicky
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 21466

Icon 1 posted      Profile for IckyTicky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Same questions as Sixgoofykids... have you responded to the abx treatment any? How long have you been under abx treatment? Were you on abx when you tested through IgeneX?

IgeneX isn't always correct. In fact, my youngest daughter tested only positive on IgeneX IGG, and negative IGM with only IND on band 41 IGM. But a regular lab found her positive band 28 that IgeneX didn't find. Then we found out later that she had Ehrlichiosis as well.

My son was CDC pos. with IgeneX but after repeated testing just now came back + for mycoplasma a year after starting tx.
My husband is neg. for Lyme through IgeneX but very obviously has Lyme and responded well with treatment.

If you truly don't have Lyme, and are responding to abx then it could very well be that you have a co-infection. Those don't come up + on most tests either. For instance, my LLMD and I are convinced that we also have Bartonella, based on symptoms, but tests always come back neg.
IgeneX isn't foolproof.

If you were on abx when you tested through IgeneX maybe you need to be off them for awhile and retest.

--------------------
IGM: 18+, 23+, 30+, 31+++, 34+, 39IND, 41++, 58+++, 66+, 83-93IND
IGG: 31+, 39IND, 41+
Also positive for Mycoplasma Pneumoniae and RMSF.
Whole family of 5 dx with Lyme.

Posts: 1014 | From Texas | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysteryillness1970
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysteryillness1970     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am on Mepron and Zith and feel somewhat better (however, some days I also feel completely drained..unable to get up out of bed). I know that my chills have diminished greatly and my hip hasn't bothered me as much

These are my present symptoms

ORTHOPAEDIC:

Abnormal marrow edema involving left hemi sacrum & left illiac bone (both sides of SI joint),``Sacroilitis'',Osteo-necrosis of the tissues surrounding the SI joint,debilitating left hip pain (shifts from right to left, left being the most dominant), ``Piriformis Syndrome'', DEXA Scan: 10% below young normal/Proximal Forearm 21% below young normal.

OPTHALMOLOGY:

``Keratitus'',``Myopia'' with low ``Astigmatism``,``Dry Eye Syndrome``,``Conjuctiva'',Blurry vision, Floaters

DENTAL:

``Periodontal Disease'', Decaying teeth (2) and receding gums

HEMATOLOGY:

Thick fibrous blood, HIGH: MCH/ PT INR/ MPV/ Reverse T3, LOW: RDW/Lithium

NEUROLOGICAL:

Brain fog, depression, irritability & pronounced startle reflex with anger, over stimulation=stress, swollen glands, adrenal fatigue, short term memory loss, impaired cognitive function, cramping, achy/numb, sore fingers, deep pain in right, forearm, wrist and elbow, tingling /buzzing and numb in extremities (2009)

CARDIOLOGY:

Heart size is upper limits of normal with pericardial thickening or effusions

ENDOCRINE:

``Hypothyroidism'', ``Narcolepsy'', ``EBV``,``Mono``,``HSV'', "CFS'' ``Fibromyalgia'',``Wilson Syndrome'' (<97* upon rising), recurring wave of deep body chills every day for the past two years,
Low DHEA, low Cortisol, low Progesterone and Estriol, Insulin fasting: depressed,Gluten intolerance, left ovary enlarged painful/follicles, HPA axis dysfunction

OTHER:
``Leaky Gut Syndrome``, ``IBS'',51 IgG food allergies/Mineral/Amino Acid deficiencies

Posts: 166 | From USA | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysteryillness1970
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24588

Thank you for your response Icky Ticky. Yes I am being treated,as stated above (my post went up beofre I had time to read yours).

I have been treating since July and was on abx when testing.

Good advice. All I know is that my former LLMD doesn't think he needs to treat me any longer and I am so sick about it (literally). I have two girls (one with Lyme & co's) counting on me to function.

mysteryillness1970
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24588

Is it possible to have only a co-infection and not have Lyme?
IckyTicky
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 21466

Icon 1 posted      Profile for IckyTicky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's possible, yes.

I think you need to go on an ABX break and retest.
I have had EVERY SINGLE neuro symptom you have & with more to spare! I also have the thick blood, chills, leaky gut, CFS, fibro., periodontal disease...
I don't know why an LLMD would decide you didn't need treatment with all those symptoms. Maybe you just need a different LLMD!

--------------------
IGM: 18+, 23+, 30+, 31+++, 34+, 39IND, 41++, 58+++, 66+, 83-93IND
IGG: 31+, 39IND, 41+
Also positive for Mycoplasma Pneumoniae and RMSF.
Whole family of 5 dx with Lyme.

Posts: 1014 | From Texas | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysteryillness1970
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24588

I think you may be right IT..I really need someone to guide me, however, I don't want to spend a fortune finding out either.

What are you on to treat the identities you listed above and are they helping? How long have you been in treatment?

I was told by my LLMD that I had to be on abx on order to test positive b/c he thinks I have had it so long..I don't know what to think anymore.

Would you mind sending me a pm and let me know who you see?

Thanks [Smile]

little_olive
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28063

Icon 1 posted      Profile for little_olive     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you been tested for Sjorgrens'?
Posts: 512 | From USA | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could you have a dental infection? That infection can get into the bloodstream.

What about this - Polycythemia? I recently heard about it, so know little, but something to look into.

Did you test positive for any coinfections?

Also, if I were you, I would go to someone who knows ART. I found it to be very helpful to guide me to the issues I had going on.

It is significant that you feel better on the meds.

--------------------

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysteryillness1970
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24588

SGK thanks for reaching out to me. I am going to google those things you mentioned.

In the meantime, would mind pm me and let me know who you use for ART/Lyme?

I am desperate to get better

Thanks

sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

The best thing to do for an ART referral is to go to Dr. K's website and look at practitioners he's trained.

I went to Germany for treatment after two years on the ILADS protocol .... I wrote about it in my blog below (look at Oct. 2008). I am no longer in treatment because I am well. [Smile]

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Definitely try testing while OFF ABX... as most LLMD's do.

Hope you find some answers soon!

Been tested for all the viruses? Ehlichia? Bart and babs? Mycoplasma? RMSF? Bruccellosis?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysteryillness1970
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24588

Thanks LT & SGK there are many things to consider, I just wish I could get someone to do my homework for me. I am still strugling to make a decision on who to see now. According to my syptoms above I have narrowed it down to Dr. H, Dr. R and Dr. L in NY.

Since I have had decayed teeth and necrosis of the tissues surrounding my SI Joint the local docs (which are a pitiful)know it is something but don't seem to know nor care how to find the source. They just keep suggesting steriods, pain killers and that is about it. I want none of the above.

The only ones I have been tested for are: Bart, Babs and Ehlichia through Labcorp and they were negitive (although my PCP said they gathered the blood specimen incorrectly) My doc was already treating me for Babs when the results came back.

Now, however he thinks my symptoms are mainly Bart related (since I have cognitive-neuro, mood/depression stuff for years that continues to get worse). However he wants to stop all the progress of the Babs trmt and move onto the Wormwood combo and Zhang HH2 (I can't afford the latter) Is there anything else I can take (or should I say afford)?

When the results came back today I learned that if he says they are negative that's just what it is. I guess I am on my own now...I seriously feel like I am never going to make it and need serious help soon, I just can't take this anymore(must be the Mepron talking)

I am hoping my PCP who has been very receptive thus far will write me another script Mepron and Zith(considering I have only been treating since July), I hate to start over again. I felt awful when the Mepron lapsed and I was without it for two days.

I am going to tap into Dr K's info, thanks for the tip...has anyone on here seen him? Are his rates out of the roof? PM me please, I would love to know.

I am So incredibly cold now that my body is shaking to the bone (this happens at least 3-4 times everyday since 2008)...so I am off to bed with three blankets.

Bye for now and thanks again. You are such caring people.

LymeXtu
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24590

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LymeXtu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mystery - Don't know what to say except thinking of you again and so sorry for all you are going through.
Posts: 448 | From minnesota | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysteryillness1970
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24588

Thanks so much for reaching out and your sincerity.I guess it wouldn't be as bad if I weren't dealing with an unruley teen (who displays Bi-polar tendencies) and a tween with Lyme/co's alone.

My family is all against this stuff and just think it's the next CFS label (which makes it worse) They all think I am doing more harm than good.

I amno teven going to mention the money...sorry to be such a Debbie Downer but when is it ever going to let up? Just when I thought I was in good hands...

I cannot wait to see the day, if I make it that far, when I am well and can help OTHER people..

God bless

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement