LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » zithromax

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: zithromax
anjiell
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28322

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anjiell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
has anyone had prickling sensations after taking zithro.i also have nausea and flushing with this drug.i am wondering if it herx or my body not caring for this med?
Posts: 125 | From western mass | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kimmie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25547

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kimmie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is probably a herx. I get what feels like "popping" all over...it has been VERY effective for my neuro stuff
Posts: 747 | From Utah | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
What is your liver support? Milk Thistle is the most common one that helps.

Are you drinking enough water?

Getting a good fish oil (OmegaBrite is good)?

Ginger capsules may help offset the nausea but also be sure to have some food in your stomach and keep blood glucose stable.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anjiell
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28322

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anjiell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have not taken anything for my liver although from reading peoples post it is probally a good idea.i always get nervous about taken so many medicines.the lyme has done a number to my digestive track.i live off ensures which i wish they would make that with less sugar in it.since lyme my stomach and intestines do not move. i wonder if my stomach will ever go back to normal.
Posts: 125 | From western mass | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Ensure is a horrible product. NO sugar is allowed. Ensure is all sugar.

Green Vibrance - a greens powder is far, far better.

Hemp protein powder, too. And QUINOA FLAKES.

Can you eat NO food ? None at all?

Can you puree real food? Juice vegetables?

Ensure is a horrible product. You will not be able to get well if you use that - for many reasons. The high fructose corn syrup and artificial ingredients can make this much worse.

You need bulk from good food so that you can get a good bowel movement and help reduce the toxicity in your body. Seriously, if your intestines are not moving, you must tell your LLMD. That can create a very toxic and dangerous situation.

Liver support is absolutely vital to help your liver work better and be protected both from lyme toxins and the Rx. Liver support will help reduce a herx.

Liver support is about the only help for your ears, too, as they can take a hit from lyme and by liver support helping to reduce overall body toxicity, that helps the ears not get such a toxic hit. Especially with zithromax, minocycline and Biaxin, liver support to help the ears is vital.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sophie1234
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26412

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sophie1234     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Keebler, I hear you speak of liver support often. I cannot tolerate milk thistle, can you suggest anything else? Thank you.
Posts: 113 | From CA | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anjiell
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28322

thanks keebler for responding.i can maybe try for 2 days some solids but then my stomach slows again even more.when i say solids i do try like rice with veggies and chicken.i really am going to have to get some puried or smoothie recipes because i am having a hard time with herx,and i have to stop the antibiotics.i agree with the toxic part because that is how i feel often,so ill.i have had lyme for at least 5 yrs and in the beginning when they early arthritis on mris they treated me for a year and half with prednisone,enbrel,methotrexate.you can probally guess that me health went straight down hill.i really hope i can heal my stomach issues though.i vomit periodically for a few days at a time which does not help.this lyme disease is unbelievable what it does long term to a body.every doctor i went to treated my symptoms separatley.
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
anjiell,

I have to break up the text to read it. Many here have vision and inner ear issues that causes vertigo when reading solid blocks of type or back-to-back sentences.

The next time you post, if you could break up the space a bit and also add in spacing after each period - that will help everyone to better read and you'll get more replies. Thanks.
--------------------

anjiell writes:

thanks keebler for responding.

i can maybe try for 2 days some solids but then my stomach slows again even more.when i say solids i do try like rice with veggies and chicken.i really am going to have to get some puried or smoothie recipes because i am having a hard time with herx,and i have to stop the antibiotics.

i agree with the toxic part because that is how i feel often,so ill.i have had lyme for at least 5 yrs and in the beginning when they early arthritis on mris they

treated me for a year and half with prednisone,enbrel,methotrexate. you can probally guess that me health went straight down hill.i really hope i can heal my stomach issues though.

i vomit periodically for a few days at a time which does not help.this lyme disease is unbelievable what it does long term to a body.every doctor i went to treated my symptoms separatley.

(anjiell in w. mass)
-

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
anjiell,

I'll have to come back later. I just can't think right now. I hope others have some splendid suggestions for you.

-------------

Sophie:

3/4 of the way down page one, there are lots of LIVER LINKS:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=065801

Topic: TINNITUS: Ringing Between The Ears; Vestibular, Balance, Hearing with compiled links - including HYPERACUSIS
-

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
anjiell,

Have you been assessed for CELIAC disease?

Gluten in wheat, rye, barley and spelt can be impossible for those with the inability to process gluten. It can be genetic or acquired by infection. It can lie dormant until an infection or other stressors trigger it.

Even a mere trace can cause major problems. I'm assuming all this had been considered by now ??
-

'Kete-tracker
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 17189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 'Kete-tracker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with Keebler that 'Ensure' is Not the product to consume if Lyme is the issue.
Only made me worse. (This is before I was Dx'ed)
The only thing even worse might be ice cream! [tsk]

Get on a Lyme-friendly diet (or, more correctly, a Lyme-'kete-hostile one) per Dr. B's guidelines & many books on the subject. [Cool]

BTW... If this nausea & flushing occurs within minutes to maybe a 1/2 hr. after a Zithro dose, that is NOT "herx-ing", a SOOO over-used & oft mis-applied term on this Website, I've noticed.
PLEASE READ about what a Jarsch-Herxheimer reaction really IS.

It is a DELAYED reaction from the die-off of Spirochetes... thought to be the body's immune system reacting to the dead spirochete Pieces it suddenly "encounters" (& has to clean up) and/or the toxins given off as the 'ketes die!

The length of delay involves several factors, the 2 primary ones being how complex/evolved the spirochete (length of it's DNA chromosome) & the effectiveness of the particular abx involved (at the blood serum level reached).

You Might be experiencing a reaction to the drug itself (azithromycin). The exact nature of the sensations/reactions & their timing/severity should be discussed with an EXPERIENCED pharmacist- & your Doc- to determine the best course of action. [Wink]

Posts: 1233 | From Dover, NH | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement