LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Testing Rife

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Testing Rife
anthropisces
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15672

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anthropisces     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
D Bergy wrote in a recent thread related to Rife;

"I plan on encasing some bacteria in meat, and seeing if this makes any results different."

If this experiment is actually performed then it is somewhat reminiscent of the discovery of Pennicillin.

D Bergy, I think you are on the right track.

I suggest that we discuss some experiments to see if Rife can kill bacteria. For Lyme sufferers, it would be most important to understand if Rife can kill bacteria buried in flesh.

I'd like to see someone take some hamburger and lace it with e-coli. Let it sit for a day, hit it with Rife and then...no, I'm not going to suggest eating it...grow a culture on some agar in a Petri-dish from it.

The experiment might be dangerous. I don't know what the dangers of growing e-coli are. If they were not too bad then I think the experiment would be very valuable.

A control would be needed.

Let's say that you can set up your experimental environment so that cross contamination is not an issue. For this reason it might be best to run the tests in series, rather than simultaneously. A control would have to be run in parallel though.

All activities would need to be conducted in a generally clean environment. The controls would verify this.

Using a laboratory scale, in a generally clean environment, a volume of ground meat would be weighed, let's say 60g total. The 60 grams would ultimately be divided into 5 gram units, for a total of 12 samples.

Three versions would be tested; 1) a control, not injected with e-coli, 2) a set injected with e-coli and not exposed to rife, and 3) a set injected with e-coli that are treated with rife.

Three sets of 4 petri dishes would be prepared. Four dishes for each version would be employed to assure the repeatability of the experiment.

20 grams would then be divided from the volume, and a clean glass rod would be inserted into the mass. The rod would be rubbed onto agar (if e-coli will culture on agar) in each of 4 petri dishes, covered, and set aside. This is the control.

The remaining 40 grams would be injected with the bacteria, and thoroughly mixed. 20 grams of this would be set aside and processed as the control. This is group 2.

The last 20 grams would be subjected to Rife in a clean environment and afterward processed as the first two groups.

I do not know what e-coli growth rates are. After some suitable time though the incidence of e-coli colonies would be evaluated with standard procedures.

I'm not suggesting that human flesh and ground meat are equal. I do feel that the test would be a good start.

The discoverers of the antibiotic properties of some molds observed their bacteriocidal properties in a way that is not too different from what I am suggesting.

divided and placed into separate clean petri-dishes.

Posts: 152 | From West Palm Bech, FL | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anthropisces
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15672

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anthropisces     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I meant to remove this part

"The 60 grams would ultimately be divided into 5 gram units, for a total of 12 samples."

Posts: 152 | From West Palm Bech, FL | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
D Bergy
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for D Bergy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can buy non pathogenic E-Coli, so that is what I planned on using. At least, then you know what you have. Since I am not a bacteriologist, I need to know that beforehand.

I suppose I should first make sure I can kill it under any circumstances. If not, then the rest is kind of redundant.

I have a scope in mind, and I waiting for a minor repair to be done on it, before I buy it. It is going to take me a while to get all of this set up, as it all costs money, and time. I have to record it at some point also.

I think this will be quite interesting.

Dan

Posts: 2919 | From Minnesota | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anthropisces
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15672

I'd like to trade notes with you. I don't have a Rife, but a friend does, and perhaps I could persuade him to assist.
anthropisces
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15672

A microscope won't be necessary for the testing I'm suggesting. If you go to Google images and type in "e-coli colonies", you'll see what I mean. The colonies are visible to the naked eye.

I think they may also be visually indentifed as to the species. What I mean is, I don't think you need a microscope to determine if it is indeed e-coli growing. The colonies are visually recognizable, distinct from other bacteria species.

D Bergy
Member # 9984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for D Bergy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did not know you could see a colony without magnification. It still would be useful to see the individual bacterium, and what occurs when subjected to the specific frequency.

I think it would be great to be able to work together on this. We will likely be using two different types of machines, and we can see if they both produce the same result, if there is any result.

There actually are some videos of Blepharisma and Parameceum being destroyed by frequencies. These were done at Skidmore College in New York state.

http://www.skidmore.edu/academics/music/aholland/PlasmaFive.htm

No one has really done it with any human pathogens, other than one showing Lyme spirochetes being devitalized.

Dan

Posts: 2919 | From Minnesota | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anthropisces
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15672

I've seen the video of the Paramecium. Both of those organisms you mention are many times larger than a bacterium.

I have access to a microscope with 100x magnification. This is powerful enough to observe the cell shape of even the smallest bacteria but not much else.

I think visualizing an individual exploded bacteria might be tough. It might be possible if one subjected a simple Petri dish to rife, but that isn't what I'm suggesting. Rather I'd like to know if Rife can kill bacteria embedded in tissue.

Cultures are a standard method for revealing bacterial presence and perhaps loads. Here is some text from a "throat culture" web search; laboratory results will be available as soon as bacteria grow in a special plate that has been streaked with the contaminated swab, usually within two to three days"

I've grown bacteria in a Petri dish before and in college I worked for a company that conducted indoor environmental testing. Part of their standard practice was swapping and culturing and then observing the form of the cultures to id the species.

Other than setup, it really shouldn't be too tough.

richedie
Member # 14689

Icon 1 posted      Profile for richedie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do not believe rife works so I would like to see this tested. Mr. Florida, lets chat about you borrowing my rife machine since it did me no good.

I believe the quality of machine could be an issue. Also, there are thousands of frequencies.

--------------------
Mepron/Zith/Ceftin
Doxy/Biaxin/Flagyl pulse.
Artemisinin with Doxy/Biaxin.
Period of Levaquin and Ceftin.
Then Levaquin, Bactrim and Biaxin.
Bactrim/Augmentin/Rifampin.
Mepron/Biaxin/Artemisinin/Cat's Claw
Rifampin/Bactrim/Alinia
Plaquenil/Biaxin

Posts: 1949 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anthropisces
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15672

If Rife can kill bacteria embedded in flesh, then I will buy the best one made.

It is true that I'm a skeptic, but I'm not a total skeptic. I feel it is possible that it could work, although I am very doubtful.

I wish more people would participate in this thread so that the experiments could be devised with better input.

springshowers
Member # 19863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for springshowers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Richedie

I so believe rife Works.
My most "visible" result is the killing of a fungal infection.

My toenail fungus. Sounds like nothing but this was a very stubborn visible problem and nothing was getting rid of it.

No medication nothing. Lamcil helped for a few months and then it all just came back with fire aggression.

So I decided to research numbers on my rife. I was amazed how I felt the first treatment directing on those spots and it was like bubbling and then dried up and peeled a bit and then the nails started to grow healthy. I have had to do the treatments for a few days in a row and then weekly and now monthly. This was 10 months ago and I now have healthy nails after 1o years of trying so many things...

I thought I would never have them back again. I am so thrilled because of the hassle of constantly battling and trying to keep it at bay and the ingrown pain too as when you have infection they do not grow right etc.

And ugly too. Now. I just smile.

I also know it works because at the beginning I just took an extra month off and did not keep up on it and it started getting the upper hand again. During the grow out phase you have to keep killing it as any little bit left alive will regrow quickly.

Rife does not kill things completely in one zap and all of us who use rife have to keep up on it which is the hard part. But like with the nails once the system load is low enough the hope is the immune system will take over and keep it at bay

This is my hope at least..

Dan.. who always is trying to dig deeper and erradicate totally and completely is awesome for doing so and this is the next step in the rife usage and I hope he finds out how to do this.

Posts: 2747 | From Unites States Of America | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
D Bergy
Member # 9984

It is time to just do the basic testing that should have been done many years ago. It is unfortunate that it has to be done this way, by amateurs, but that is the way it is.

I will have my microscope shortly. I bought a Leitz Orthoplan scope because it is a high quality, versitile scope, with wide field viewing. They are no longer made but used ones are around a grand.

I am a little tentative about running E-Coli frequencies. These frequencies made me ill on more than one occasion. Certain strains of E-Coli are one pathogen that could be associated with my Crohn's Disease. These frequencies did not bother other people that tried them, but they did not have Crohn's.

Here is the supplier I was told sells non pathogenic E-Coli for anyone wanting to try this out. The more the better.

http://www.carolina.com/

Dan

D Bergy
Member # 9984

I have what may be a dumb question.

Will a microwave work as a temporary faraday cage to prevent cultures from being exposed to the frequencies I will be running?

Or is it not as simple as that?

Dan

richedie
Member # 14689

Icon 1 posted      Profile for richedie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Springshowers........how do I know which are the right frequencies? How do I know how long is enough? If there are thousands of frequencies.....lets say I choose 10-15 and rotate over the next 3-6 months. What if I chose the wrong frequencies? I guess I pick another handful? That could literally go on for years and years till no end. I gave it a good 6 months running through all the so called known frequencies and never felt anything.

Then I read a few articles stating that using the wrong frequencies could be very dangerous so my rife machine collects dust!

--------------------
Mepron/Zith/Ceftin
Rifampin/Bactrim/Alinia
Plaquenil/Biaxin

Posts: 1949 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
D Bergy
Member # 9984

Yes, control samples. I would have to haul them some distance away unless I can isolate them from the test frequencies. Since our weather here gets pretty cold, just moving them could cause problems.

Just trying to find the best way to go about this.

Thank you.

Dan

D Bergy
Member # 9984

Richedie, I think you should do one thing before even trying the machine again, and that is to bring it someplace to see if it is producing the intended frequencies. I would think any electronic repair place would have an oscilloscope.

If you set the machine to run ten Hz, and it is working right, you should be able to see the pulses running that slowly.

I know of one person here who had a defective machine from the start. The tube lit up but it put out only one frequency no matter what it was set at.

It would at least eliminate that possibility.

What kind of machine is it?

Dan

D Bergy
Member # 9984

I am assuming any screen or pie tin would have to be grounded, is that correct?

That is why I thought the microwave might work. It is already shielded and grounded.

Dan

anthropisces
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15672

I have acess to a beautiful Fluke oscilloscope, as well as eectrical engineering staff who will be glad to help me. I am not sure though that an oscilloscope will work.

It is an excellent and important comment though; first verify (if possible) that the machime is operating correctly.

D Bergy
Member # 9984

I have a simple $100.00 frequency meter that I can use to test, and calibrate my equipment.

The MOPA amplifier has a variable RF carrier frequency that is controlled by a vernier dial. I have it set so it is out of the radio band. I doubt it is compliant, which is another reason i need to know more about shielding its transmissions outside my house. I don't have the specs handy right now.

I am sure I can rig something up to protect the samples.

Dan

richedie
Member # 14689

I believe a lot of people are not interested in this testing because they are afraid of what they may find. Afraid that the magic will be disproved. I for one would like to know if Rife actually works. Lets do this!

Maybe someone can help me understand what machine I have? I bought it a while back from Travis at http://www.rifemachinebuilder.com/1.html

I believe I have what he considers the most polular model.
I can email anyone a picture of my machine if you like.

--------------------
Mepron/Zith/Ceftin
Rifampin/Bactrim/Alinia
Plaquenil/Biaxin

D Bergy
Member # 9984

It is a basic EMEM that has been in use for quite a while. It is similar to the ones that Dan Tracy builds. I do not know the quality of his work. Since these are built one at a time by individuals, it is always possible that you have a defective one, or a part failed after testing.

My GB-4000 is randomly shutting down. Obviously a problem with my machine also. It is well used, and was not new when I bought it.

Try run it at a very low frequency, and see if you can see the tube pulse. 5 Hz or something like that. If it does not pulse, you may have a problem. As you step up the frequency a little, say from 5 H to 10 hz, you should see a faster pulse.

Testing only proves what you test, so it is not conclusive either.

I may be able to kill E-coli in a petri dish, but that is not the same as in the body. I may not be able to kill it in a petri dish but may be able to kill it in the body.

A petri dish has no immune system to assist, so it may be that while it is only slightly damaged in the dish, and appears normal, in the body it would be finished off by the immune system.

There are always variables that cannot be completely removed. And no matter what test you do, you can still argue the matter either way based on those variables.

That is why I prefer actual results based on the resolution of symptoms. It is hard to get around actual results. Obviously you have not had any positive result, so you have no reason to believe that it works. One thing that can be done is to figure out why you personally are not getting results. But you have to make the assumption that it can work to do that.

We can go through step by step, and see if that can be resolved. There are many simple reasons that it may not be working for you, and it certainly would not hurt to try some things to see what is stopping it from working.

The first one is to see if the machine is working.

The second is I can see you are on several types of antibiotics and herbs. You are not going to be able to kill, what is already dead.

Frequencies only reliably work on Spirochete form, and I doubt you have much of that given your current treatment. But, coinfections may be vulnerable to frequencies either way.

I am not sure what you have for co-infections, but some respond well to some frequencies. You could try some of those.

It can be figured out, but it takes a little trial and error.

Dan

METALLlC BLUE
Member # 6628

Icon 1 posted      Profile for METALLlC BLUE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm certainly not afraid to test it. Doug McClean tested out frequencies previously and confirmed under a scope that particular frequencies work. You can speak to him by phone anytime and he's kept tedious records. He uses borrelia burdorferi spirochettes during his testing. He also used the machine on family members who tested positive but who failed treatment. They recovered using the Coil Machine.

Further testing can only reinforce our knowledge. So no, I'm not afraid at all. [Smile]

--------------------
I am not a physician, so do your own research to confirm any ideas given and then speak with a health care provider you trust.

E-mail: [email protected]

Posts: 4157 | From Western Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anthropisces
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15672

Metallic, I'd be interested in talking with McClean via email or otherwise.

We need an alternate means for Lyme patients to evaluate treatment options. For therapies one might consider more exotic much of what one gets here are testamonials.

These are valuable and have influenced my own decision making. However we need some sort of database that is not testamonial or cure-rate driven.

For instance, I'd like to see a "standardized" test and a standardized means for presenting results for Rife. By standardized, I mean that a reasonable group, from this site, determines the experimental methodology and how results are presented. The results might simply say that for a particular machine and frequency "no colonies of bacteria x were evident".

It is very difficult to determine how valuable treatments and even tests are. I would for instance, like to know a lot more about the FISH test for Babesia RNA. I'm positive in that test but I don't know what the rate of positives are, or whether a general population was tested and what the results were. Perhaps a call to Igenix would reveal all of this info. We should be able to find out more about therapies and tests.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement