LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Pain under arms and in clavicle area. Which co-infection is this?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pain under arms and in clavicle area. Which co-infection is this?
Myco
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9536

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Myco     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been treating Lyme since 2006. Was positive for Myco Pneumoniae, equivocal Lyme, Babs Ducani borderline positive, Bart also borderline positive.

I treated Lyme with Bicillin injections and also Doxy and Minocin, Zith. Bart with Rifampin and Zith and later Cipro. Babs with Cryptoplus and Alinia and herbs.

I am now fully functioning and workout regularly with no noticible fatigue afterward. However, if I go without sleep or have too much alcohol I seem to get a new symptom: Slight pain under my arms (varies from left to right) which seems to be in the gland or muscle area. Also pain in the lower neck on the sides and clavicle area. This feels like slightly painful glands, but also could be muscle? My guess is glands. I sometimes feel slightly run down with this and get flush when the pain accentuates.

Also have minor twitching, slightly sticky sweat on my body while sleeping, restless legs, bad digestion and related heart irregularities related to refux.

Any ideas what co-infection this might be?

Posts: 770 | From USA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Myco,

I know you have heard this from me before, but I am replying because I am concerned. The sticky sweat can be very indicative of parasites and so can the other symptoms you describe.

Since a good many parasites live and breed in the small intestine, this could be a reason for your clavicle and neck pain. Google parasite symptoms.

Maybe trying an antiparasitic herb could be very helpful, although they do put up quite a fight when dying. BTW, parasites are considered a co-infection.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
17hens
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 23747

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 17hens     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
or Bart

--------------------
"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Psalms 73:26

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

Posts: 3043 | From PA | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Myco
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9536

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Myco     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did all the parasite herbs. Loads of them. And Alinia and other parasite herbs for quite a while.

Bacterial infection in small intestine is also quite common. Just trying to figure out which antibiotic will hit it. Lots of gas with any sugars and carbs too. Not yeast though. My guess is Bart or SIBO, in which case a bart protocol with some flagyl mixed in should help.

Posts: 770 | From USA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anthropisces
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15672

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anthropisces     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've had pain in my armpits associated with back and general torso pain. It was a dull, ugly pain even when it wasn't severe. I attribute it to Bart or Lyme, but who knows.
Posts: 152 | From West Palm Bech, FL | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How long were you on them? I have been doing them for 4 yrs and still killing more. If just one egg is left they will start to recycle and some of the worms can lay up to 200,000 eggs a day.

Parastroy suggests to stay on them for 6 mos with one mos break and then repeat. You have to get rid of ALL the larva and eggs to get rid of the infection.

Hulda Clark suggests staying on a maintenance dose FOEVER. That's exactly what I will be doing. The parasites will protect the bacteria, so you might want to consider doing both abx and antiparasitics to cover all bases.

BTW,wormwood and black walnut hull have antibacterial properties as well. Why not try the herbs first so you don't stir up any candida? Just some thoughts, of course it's your call,

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Myco
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9536

I will do more parasitic herbs (did at least 6-8 months) but I think it's Bart. Also, get a strange feeling on the bottom of my feet sometimes and cramps in my calves. I don't think it's magnesium deficiency, more like Bart. Am open to thoughts from more lymies.
map1131
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like your lymph nodes are clogged up with crud. Find someone experienced with Lymph Drainage. It will take several sessions once a week.

After your lymphs are flowing again you can use a rebounder daily to keep them functioning.

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LAXlover
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25518

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LAXlover     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
map1131,

what do you mean by "rebounder"?

--------------------
LAXlover

Posts: 371 | From Northern Baltimore Area | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeinhell
Member # 4622

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeinhell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rebounder = Mini Trampoline

Absolutely wonderful for lymph draining and locked muscles. Health benefits are endless.

http://www.needak-rebounders.com/page2452.php

--------------------
Julie
_ _ ___ _ _
lymeinhell

Blessed are those who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed.

Posts: 2258 | From a better place than I was 11 yrs ago | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeinhell
Member # 4622

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeinhell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Magnesium deficiency will cause all of your symptoms. And it will not reverse itself without consciuos effort and monitoring. IV Magnesium is the quickest and most effective treatment. Oral supplementation will not restore your levels. Have you had a red blood cell magnesium level test from LabCorp?

Symptoms of Magnesium Deficiency:
With regard to skeletal muscle, one may experience twitches, cramps, muscle tension,

muscle soreness, including back aches, neck pain, tension headaches and jaw joint (or TMJ)

dysfunction. Also, one may experience chest tightness or a peculiar sensation that he can't

take a deep breath. Sometimes a person may sigh a lot.

Symptoms involving impaired contraction of smooth muscles include constipation; urinary

spasms; menstrual cramps; difficulty swallowing or a lump in the throat-especially provoked by

eating sugar; photophobia, especially difficulty adjusting to oncoming bright headlights in the

absence of eye disease; and loud noise sensitivity from stapedius muscle tension in the ear.

Continuing with the symptoms of magnesium deficiency, the central nervous system is markedly affected.

Symptoms include insomnia, anxiety, hyperactivity and restlessness with constant

movement, panic attacks, agoraphobia, and premenstrual irritability. Magnesium deficiency

symptoms involving the peripheral nervous system include numbness, tingling, and other abnormal sensations, such as zips, zaps and vibratory sensations.

Symptoms or signs of the cardiovascular system include palpitations, heart arrhythmias, angina

due to spasms of the coronary arteries, high blood pressure and mitral valve prolapse.

Be aware that not all of the symptoms need to be present to presume magnesium deficiency; but, many of them often occur together.

For example, people with mitral valve prolapse frequently have palpitations, anxiety, panic attacks and premenstrual symptoms.

People with magnesium deficiency often seem to be "uptight." Other general symptoms include a salt craving, both carbohydrate craving and carbohydrate intolerance, especially of chocolate, and breast tenderness.

--------------------
Julie
_ _ ___ _ _
lymeinhell

Blessed are those who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed.

Posts: 2258 | From a better place than I was 11 yrs ago | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Myco
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9536

I don't get why my lymph nodes would be clogged or need to be drained if I work out regularly (weights, cardio,etc). I would think this would be a sign of infection like Bart? Any Bart people out there?
CD57
Member # 11749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CD57     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd say bart == the sucka is hard to get rid of!
Posts: 3528 | From US | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement