LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Seeking a Doctor » So confused about drs...south florida and others

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: So confused about drs...south florida and others
lymebrained
Member # 22066

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymebrained     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have posted before...I was going to see Dr C in Florida and was told that he was the best, though I cannot find anyone to oversee my care here and i am way too ill to advocate for myself don't have a strong family support system

I hear he is the best in florida but then i get send lists of his name with many bad reviews saying he USED to be good and is no longer

then I hear someone is pretending to be a mom on here and then cured by him and not to believe anything this person says because he or she is trying to bring him down and get patients.

I then get lists from what ithought was a trusted website and they have some bad reviews of him too

I do not know what to believe about any drs...this list has horrible reviews and good reviews of other drs and i am too ill to advocate for myself and getting sicker by the day...

I have adrenal failure and have to be on steroids and i am going to die without treatment but can't afford anything and can die with treatment if the dr is too aggressive so I really feel like my life is over...

i feel like i am being locked up abroad and i cannot speak the language and i cannot get out myself and really am stuck at the mercy of the people who SAY they are trying to help yet mom was going to have me committed yesterday for reacting very angry and my family just doesn't believe that i am all that ill and alot is depression

I did make contact with the lda rep for florida and she said only drs here is dr C but then i get sent other names and i don;t know who to trust anymore

I am so confused. I am not even sure what my living situation will be..I am so at odds with my family and my husband too

Please help me understand about DR C in florida

Also I am on dr h's in ny wait list but i am secondary medicare patient and god knows how long it can take but then i hear he has a new PA learning about lyme and I have a complex case with adrenal failure and must be on steroids, spinal cord injuries- multiple, hashimotos, and many others.

Someone then found a lyme literate psychologist...dr M L and i am not sure if anyone heard of her

My sister found a dr H here in FL and I went to him and he devastated me...all they asked me over and over again to bring was to bring my igenex test and when i did he said he didn't put weight on it, did his own testing through florida labs and i was negative (also on steroids and been sick for so long with no treatment)...test cost $300...he says he thinks i have lyme and sees me in hospital and says i am not crazy..it is the lyme and then his test comes back negative and drops me without returning my calls....

So I don;t know what to believe anymore about drs and we are literally broke and cannot incur any more debt only to get a nurse in to care for me if I die from this while I wait to find a dr.

I am even too sick to reach out to people who have tried to call me...so I don;t know what to do. I am defenseless and i have never been so scared in my entire life

Thanks for listening.

--------------------
Sick for 20 yrs+,dx'd 10 yrs ago fibro/cfs & hashimotos.dx 4 yrs ago w/neurolyme,recent adrenal failure, recurrent spinal cord injury,probable ankylosing spondylitis. Unable to get treatment & severe Cognitive, psych & physical symptoms progressing.

Posts: 82 | From az but moving to ft lauderdale, florida= plantation. fl | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Siciliano
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 15920

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Siciliano     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PM sent.

--------------------
I'm sorry but I am no longer accepting any private messages due to my own battle with lyme.

Posts: 3897 | From New Hampshire | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That DR H in FL must have been an IDSA duck .. he's not on my list.

PM sent

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement