LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Seeking a Doctor » reccurring rash back, need preferable dr who takes insurence-PA,NY,NJ,DE MA area

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: reccurring rash back, need preferable dr who takes insurence-PA,NY,NJ,DE MA area
Caryn
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 366

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Caryn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
help, since the summer, i have had a reccurrence of one of the rashes from one of my four known infections.

bumpy and red on the top of my foot. took my own photo of it, but really need to have it seen and documented by a real dr.

i stopped going to my llmd several yrs ago because i basically could not afford to anymore, stomach to weak to take the babesia/lyme meds ( better now - not completely better, but not the constant vomitting ). local dr was willing to acknowlege i had gotten very sick with lyme and willing to keep renewing the symptom meds i need.

rash started to reccur a few months ago. he is indifferent at best. don't know if he recorded it in my records. but my symptoms are flaring and the rash is looking and feeling ( bumpy and scaley ) more obvious. took a photo of it, but need a real dr to see it.

any drs ( preferably in the southeast, pa area ) but can travel to NYC or even washington, dc if i need to) who take insurence?

my husband and teenage children have this also. Dr Jones treated them when they were younger. husband a bit stubborn about this. has pos PCR but refuses treatment. since pos PCR he has had to deal with skin cancer and now has psoriasis but insists its from stress.

would like to have us all seen. gets pricey if dr does not take insurance. but if i have to - to get this documented, i will see a dr who does not take insurance. but it would be great if there is a dr we can see who does take insurence.

thanks!

Posts: 1093 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momlyme
Member # 27775

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sending PM

--------------------
May health be with you!

Toxic mold was suppressing our immune systems, causing extreme pain, brain fog and magnifying symptoms. Four days after moving out, the healing began.

Posts: 2007 | From NY/VT Border | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caryn
Member # 366

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caryn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks momlyme,
it was very helpful. NYC is an hour and half train ride away.

i'm sorry your daughter is sick too. it's hard when your children have it also. i hope she feels better soon!

Posts: 1093 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Be sure to get photos of any rash - in natural light, when possible - and several views. A clean coin or ruler helps with relative size and try to get the patient's face in the same frame as the rash. Having them look at a mirror while you photograph their back will establish that the rash does match the person.

Also, for the date, put a magazine or news paper in one frame. I know this sounds silly but, some doctors really need to cover their backs and this kind of documentation may help.

Always keep copies for your file.

good luck
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littlebit27
Member # 24477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for littlebit27   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sent you a PM.

--------------------
*Brittany Lyme Aware on FB*
http://littlebithaslyme.wordpress.com/

Posts: 2310 | From Southeast | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement