LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Seeking a Doctor » Any S.Floridians treated with any of these Dr.s?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Any S.Floridians treated with any of these Dr.s?
vrtualchik
Member # 27927

Icon 5 posted      Profile for vrtualchik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been searching for a very long time for a Lyme Dr. within an acceptable driving distance. But finding anyone who can actualy give me first hand info on any South Florida Lyme Dr.'s has been practicaly impossible.

I would really like to know that the Dr. has actualy treated people sucessfully and with compassion. I was given two names yesterday through the LDA referral service and wanted to know if anyone has any knowledge about them?

DR. P
DR. C -- these 2 are LDA members

DR. H -- can't remember where his name came from.

I'd really appreciate help here. I need to get to a Dr. asap as I am at the end of my rope. I've been sick for 10yrs w/ symptoms that didn't all match my original disability and now it seems all this time it may have been Lyme.

Thank you, Lisa

** edited to remove cities, please see terms of use **

[ 02-07-2011, 06:53 PM: Message edited by: sixgoofykids ]

Posts: 86 | From Fort Lauderdale, Florida | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abxnomore
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18936

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abxnomore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Up, does any one know?
Posts: 5191 | From Lyme Zone | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lou
Member # 81

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you tried any support groups in FL? They tend to know the doctors in the state the best. Probably have to try several group contacts as some are into more alternative meds and others may have disbanded.

And there is an online yahoo group that you could join, doesn't seem very active, but maybe worth a try:

http://health.dir.groups.yahoo.com/group/FloridaLyme/?tab=s

Posts: 8430 | From Not available | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vrtualchik
Member # 27927

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vrtualchik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you Abxnomore for bumping my post up. I feel so lost and alone right now and continually seeing noone reply to my post just adds to the feeling of helplessness.

It meant alot that even though you couldn't help with the names you still tried to help with pushing up my post. If I told you I had tears in my eyes you might get an idea of how desperate I am.

I did try every support group listed for Florida and only got two responses and that was from the only two Fl. support groups left online. And one is barely active like lou mentioned.

I have even gone as far as sending a PM to every member on here that I could find in the past 13 months that are from South Florida.

I guess I can understand those from outside FL not helping, maybe they have enough on their own plate. However, what I am starting to really have a hard time with is others from Florida who can't give help to someone who is suffering the same way I'm sure they once were without a treating LLD.

I don't expect a BFF I just want someone who can give me first hand knowledge like: " hey I am seeing Dr. so & so and he is this or he is that" or "don't go to Dr. * his pages of praises that seemingly just appeared on ratemds are Bull----!" Unless there not then this is why I am out there searching and practically begging for help.

If I offended anyone with anything I've said I wasn't trying to. It's just that I find it unimaginable that anyone whose been through this hell wouldn't want to help a fellow sufferer. Especially if someone is coming to you directly asking for help. I could never keep such information to myself and the most important information is a good Lyme Dr.

Abxnomore & Lou thanks again for your replies, they are worth a lot.
Lisa

Posts: 86 | From Fort Lauderdale, Florida | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amberini
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21281

Icon 1 posted      Profile for amberini         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wish I could give you the information you want and need but I too ran into the same problem.

I know I would not be stopping in Sunrise, if that helps at all nor would I drive the 110 miles straight across the Alley.

Recently, thought a different website, I found a couple of local names. They seem to work with stealth infections and Lyme was listed.

It's so hard asking for some one's opinion on medical stuff. It really boils down to the relationship between you and who ever is treating you.
If someone tells you they had a problem, it plants that idea in your head with the possibility of YOU having a problem.

I have gone in cold turkey, not knowing a thing, having an open mind and trusting my gut and praying this would work.

As with any relationship, I know I probably won't click right away and that's okay.

Have you considered calling an office you are considering for treatment and sort of "interview" them?

Most front offices are vicious gate keepers and can be rough to navigate around. Still, maybe they could call you back when the office is less busy, just a thought.

There is a woman I met through my Veterinarian who successfully treated Lyme. Last I heard, she was so much better.
I will try to send her a message and see if she can offer any suggestions.
I do know, she did not treat here, she traveled out of state.
Don't know about you but that isn't possible for me.

Sorry for the ramble...

Posts: 125 | From US | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I sent you a private message with some information regarding lyme doctors in Florida.

Florida just doesn't have much in the way of good lyme doctors, so you don't have much of a choice.

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feelfit
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 12770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feelfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PM sent
Posts: 3975 | From usa | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lou
Member # 81

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PM sent
Posts: 8430 | From Not available | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puterputz
Member # 11522

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Puterputz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just sent you a PM regarding Dr P.
Posts: 7 | From Clearwater, Florida | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ktkdommer
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 29020

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ktkdommer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Will PM you about my sister's Florida ILADS doctor.

--------------------
Things are never dull. After 3 fighting Lyme, 2 are in remission. Youngest is still sick, age 22. He has new diagnosed Chiari Malformation and Ehlers Danlos Syndrome.

Posts: 1366 | From Perrysburg, Ohio | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jack1996
Member # 29961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jack1996     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,

I just joined this and saw your post, I understand your pain and frustration, I saw Dr. C in FL, don't know if he will be of any use to use, but the Sarasota Lyme Support group seems to be very active and they meet the 4th Tuesday of each month, look up Carol Fisch for more information.

T.

***edited out the name of the LLMD and the city***

Please do not post names or cities of LLMD's .. per Lymenet Rules..thank you.

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/80948

[ 03-11-2011, 10:12 PM: Message edited by: Lymetoo ]

Posts: 6 | From Florida | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ktbond007
Member # 29495

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ktbond007     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I see Dr. C in Tampa, so far so good. He listens to me and is open to my suggestions. I am starting to feel better!!

My sister may have pm'd you. She is on here more than me. She and both her boys have Lyme. She is in Ohio.

Posts: 8 | From tampa bay, florida | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Susie Jo
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Susie Jo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone here seen Dr S in Palm Harbor? He seems to specializing in detox. any recommendations for him? thanks,

Susie

Posts: 118 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VB
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16824

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I see Dr. C that ktbond007 sees too. He is pretty good. Made improvements on his IV protocol, but unfortunately he only keeps most patients on it for 3 months, then stops you. I was doing better while on IV.
Posts: 453 | From TX | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
prillo
Member # 37675

Icon 1 posted      Profile for prillo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone want to update this thread? Virtualchk, where did you end up going? I am in S Florida and now have the same questions as you, for early Lyme.
Posts: 2 | From Port Charlotte FL | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement