LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Seeking a Doctor » Dr. R in NYC

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dr. R in NYC
Kastroo
Member # 22825

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kastroo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I went to DR G. in NJ...i dont think we'll become friends...friends don't forget about patients...

Due to my job i can't realy travel far and take a day off every month so called Dr R. office on Upper West today and waiting for the appoitment time.

Could you guys share your experience or suggest someone else?
My main problems are joints and tendons lately (basicaly everymonth new inflamation [Frown]

Posts: 67 | From New York | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abxnomore
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18936

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abxnomore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I find another LLMD.

PM sent.

Posts: 5191 | From Lyme Zone | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with the above. Find another lyme doc.

The best in the nation is Dr. H. in your state. You can do telephone appointments after the first appt, so you would not have to take a day off every month.

With this disease, it really pays to see the best doctor. If you don't, you don't know when you will end up taking an awful lot of days off or all days off thanks to chronic lyme.

I have seen folks lose jobs over it.

So, I suggest you get the very best care you can possibly afford and get rid of this disease before it causes you to lose your job, your health insurance, your house, your credit cards, savings, friends, spouse, etc.

Get treated by a top notch doc while you still have a job and resources. If you wait until lyme has you totally down to get good care, you won't have any resources to pay for the care.

I have seen that happen over and over. That's why I advise you to go to Dr. H. now. So things never get bad for you.

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kastroo
Member # 22825

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kastroo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for the advice!

BTW been on dr H's waiting list for 18 months now...

Will try Dr.(PA) S. in NYC.

Posts: 67 | From New York | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Call H's office again. That doesn't sound right unless you want to see H. for first appt, which is not necessary.

Call and ask for first avail appt with whoever is avail. You should get in in a few months.

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hopeny
Member # 35984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hopeny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does Dr. H see children? If yes can you PM me info? Also was going to go to Dr R. also, a mom I met recommended him. Any info would be helpful. Thanks
Posts: 92 | From New Yorl | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bcb1200
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 25745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bcb1200     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kastroo...there is no waiting list for Dr. H. I jsut became a patient there in January. You have to meet with his NP or PA the first visit. I would estimate 6-8 weeks is the wait for a new patient visit.

--------------------
Bite date ?
2/10 symptoms began
5/10 dx'd, after 3 months numerous test and doctors

IgM Igenex +/CDC +
+ 23/25, 30, 31, 34, 41, 83/93

Currently on:

Currently at around 95% +/- most days.

Posts: 3134 | From Massachusetts | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kastroo
Member # 22825

I made an app with an app wth "Dr" S. in the M.Center in NY...hope that is a good choice.

Any Thoughts?

TF
Member # 14183

Kastroo, suggest you start a new post and use a descriptive title.

Very few will notice this post.

Also, I don't believe "S" is a doctor. Rather, he is a PA. He used to be Burrascano's PA.

I don't recommend this place based on past patient reports. Just know that "S" the PA takes his instructions from Dr. M, so he is not free to treat the Burrascano way.

Why not go to a doctor who treats lyme full-time and follows the Burrascano protocol. Neither is done at the place you are planning to go to.

Abxnomore
Member # 18936

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abxnomore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
S, the PA is the best in NYC. Very up on the disease, cutting edge current and is recommended.
Posts: 5191 | From Lyme Zone | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
garunner
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19474

Icon 1 posted      Profile for garunner     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was seeing Dr. M. at the same time a friend was seeing "S" at the M. Center. TOTALLY different approaches, treatment protocols, etc. As far as I know, "S" does not take instruction from Dr. M. Frankly, from my experience, it should probably be the other way around. Regardless, both of us have moved on from Dr. M. and "S" for various reasons. Just my 2 cents.

--------------------
IV graduate. As of 1/10, oral Omnicef, Minocyline, Mycobutin, Levaquin, and Flagyl. Lyrica and a bunch of supplements.

Posts: 123 | From Atlanta | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kastroo
Member # 22825

garunner - any reason u guys moved away from M.Center and "S" in particular?

Can you tell me who did you move to?

garunner
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19474

Icon 1 posted      Profile for garunner     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PM sent.

--------------------
IV graduate. As of 1/10, oral Omnicef, Minocyline, Mycobutin, Levaquin, and Flagyl. Lyrica and a bunch of supplements.

Posts: 123 | From Atlanta | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kastroo
Member # 22825

thanks garunner!

ok...So i have an App with dr H's PA on April 18th...will see how it goes.

Abxnomore
Member # 18936

You'll be in good hands.
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by garunner:
I was seeing Dr. M. at the same time a friend was seeing "S" at the M. Center. TOTALLY different approaches, treatment protocols, etc. As far as I know, "S" does not take instruction from Dr. M. Frankly, from my experience, it should probably be the other way around. Regardless, both of us have moved on from Dr. M. and "S" for various reasons. Just my 2 cents.

-
That is exactly what I have heard from others.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bitten in Bergen
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bitten in Bergen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Argh. I had called Dr. H's office on two separate occasions to try to get my H in to see them and each time they said they were either not accepting new patients or that there was a year long wait.

At no point during the conversations did the receptionist offer the availability of meeting with one of their PA's.

Is this a secret "IN" that I need to know to specifically ask for?

Just curious!

Posts: 348 | From NJ | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Call back and ask!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AuntyLynn
Member # 35938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AuntyLynn         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wait a minute - Who is Dr. H in New Jersey? I have a list, but it didn't come from folks here.

Can someone give me LLMD contacts for New Jersey then?

My girlfriend's sister tested positive, and is having serious neuro symptoms. She lives by the shore.

Posts: 1432 | From New Jersey | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AuntyLynn
Member # 35938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AuntyLynn         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK it's Dr. H in NY - Safe to assume that it's the guy that works at the same place as Dr. F?
Posts: 1432 | From New Jersey | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

yes, .. but there IS a dr H in NJ

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement