LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Seeking a Doctor » Doctor in Austin TX

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Doctor in Austin TX
crazychris
Member # 7384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for crazychris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can anyone recomend a lyme Dr in the Austin TX area?
Posts: 66 | From Texas | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyma Bean
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 1914

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lyma Bean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi there Crazy Chris!

Welcome to Lyme Net

Here's a link to a previous discussion. A doctor in Austin posted his info. on it.
I don't know anything about him but maybe it will help?
http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/Forum2/HTML/002364.html

Good Luck and Take Care....Terri

Posts: 1405 | From Plano, Texas | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Someone may shoot me for this, but be sure to get plenty of PATIENT testimonials on any doctor you get a referral for. You need to talk to happy, satisfied customers!

i've heard some negatives about some in Austin. Feel free to email me.

------------------
oops!
Lymetutu

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyma Bean
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 1914

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lyma Bean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey TuTu!

I'm not going to shoot you but I do want to know one thing..... how are we going to find promising new LLMDs if no one gives them a try

This Dr. (not nurse practitioner) says he treats lyme. What is the harm in trying him to find out? I would think it would be worth a visit before having to travel out of state.

Just my opinion

Posts: 1405 | From Plano, Texas | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lyma Bean:
how are we going to find promising new LLMDs if no one gives them a try

I'm just being cautious and trying to warn people to not get their hopes up. I feel badly that I recommended a dr whose name was given to me by another Lymenet poster.

This dr turned out to be a real downer and wouldn't even treat the person right away, wanted to see test results first, etc. I think he even indicated that Lyme should be cleared after a few weeks of abx.

The patient was very unhappy. I took the dr off my list. Don't know how he ever got on there.

He/she can check out the DR in Austin, but sure would be nice if we knew more about him!

------------------
oops!
Lymetutu

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yankee in black
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4309

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yankee in black     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello All,

LymeToo: I know what you mean about getting several different opinions, if at all possiable

Doctors can change,

I had wonderful experinces for quite some time with an ID doctor out of Texas that is NOT ILADS--but take it from a pharmacologist(Which doesn't mean I'm a mental giant--just means the medical abstracts may be a bit easier for some one such as myself to comprehend---since no one currently holds a Ph.D in TBD's ) who travels back east twice a year to check in with the "Lyme Guru". The guy(local ID Doc) did, and does know his stuff--and the "Lyme Guru" agreed!

And I also personally liked the guy( the local ID doc)and so did my lyme guru!

And then the office managment changed (taken over by a family member--who has obviously decided that it is no longer fiscally adventagous to treat borrelia )and all of a sudden the "Good Doctor", is quite dumb-founded by borrelia!!

The east coast guru asked me( at my lastest twice yearly check-up) what is going on in that office---as he has had several patients who also commute north to see him, from this practice--lyme patients( we have all seen the local ID doc for over 3 yrs) and we are all experincing what we like to call "Lyme Amnesthia"--or, how the good doctor has sudenly become lyme illiterate

Other examples of patient problems:

The local practice no longer returns phone calls from the east coast doctor(s)

The local practice no longer forwards your lastest medical files prior to your appt. with said east coast doctor(s)

And gives you the "stall", if they know that you are requesting your medical files with the above stated purpose in mind.

None of the above mentioned problems exsisted previously--the office staff quite literally bent over backwards to help the patients.

And everyone gets the run-around when approaching the subject matter

We won't go into the lastest and greatest tales as to why this may indeed be happening( no, there is no local problems with being watched, or flagged by insurance companies, nor local troubles from any OPMC--none of the typical LLMD problems )

Treating lyme is just not working out for this doctor---this is the word form several of my collegues at work---and my case manger who handles my IVIG casework

My insurance company has approved treatment payment for the east coast out-of-network provider--since they have also suffered the consquensces of the foul-ups at the local practice( we won't go into that tale here....)

This is not a derogatory posting about a LLMD, and it should not be interpted as such, it is just a fore-warning about keeping up with what is currently transpiring with regards to the "Local Climate" of lyme literate doctors.

In effect, I am agreeing with LymeToo, Check into several sources( if at all possiable) esp, if funding is low( or insurance is not taken by said LLMD) so that you are not out both time and precious resources when pursueing treatment options for lyme.

Enough Said!!

Posts: 468 | From USA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement