LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Seeking a Doctor » warm cities with LLMD's that take insur.?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: warm cities with LLMD's that take insur.?
IMHisda
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6998

Icon 7 posted      Profile for IMHisda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear friends:

Last winter was almost unbearable I could barely make it through here in Michigan - the cold makes my symptoms so much worse.

Does anyone know of any warm cities in the US (year-round) that have LLMD's that take insurance? My doctor here does which has helped so much but I feel like I have to get out of here before winter sets in again. If you don't want to say names just mention cities and then we can find a way to email the name.

What I do generally if I find them is sort of work backwards, figure out what insurance they take they figure where I'd have to find a job there to have the right insurance.

Thanks IMHisda

Posts: 249 | From Healing in USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kara Tyson
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 939

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kara Tyson         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are many LLMD's that take insurance, but do you mean on a provider list?? That is differant.
Posts: 6022 | From Mobile, AL | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My insurance reimburses me 80% for my LLMD's charges. I think it's pretty warm here....especially in comparison to MI!!!!

We only had 4 in of snow last winter....but look out because we have had winters with well over 40 in....Still it's not that cold to me.

Springfield, MO... home of Dr C ....It's in southern MO
http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/Forum3/HTML/004140.html http://www.drcharlescrist.com

------------------
Do not take anything I say as medical advice. I am not a doctor, but I DID stay at a Holiday Inn Express!
oops!
Lymetutu

[This message has been edited by Lymetoo (edited 04 July 2005).]

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IMHisda
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6998

Icon 1 posted      Profile for IMHisda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi you guys - thanks for the responses.

Kara, If there is a list of LLMD's in warm places that take insurance that would be great but if there is no such list I thought I would just post and see what people might say since I've thought of a few places to move but probably havn't really known all the places I might be able to go. I heard TX and CA are bad in that not a lot of LLMD's in TX and CA doesnt' want to use any insurance for chronic Lyme. Only have a couple of months to really find job/doctor/warm place to live.

Thanks for the info on Dr. C.

IMHisda

Posts: 249 | From Healing in USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kara Tyson
Member # 939

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Kara Tyson         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

My Dr. takes insurance, but he is not a provider. You pay him directly and the insurance company re imburses you.

Mobile, AL is a great place to live. We are right on the coast. But warm is probably an understatement. Usually we are 99 degrees with 99% humidity.

If you dont know the history of Mobile, it was founded before the United States. Originally we were a French colony then later under the authority of Spain. The vast majority of the population is French and Catholic.

Posts: 6022 | From Mobile, AL | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kara Tyson
Member # 939

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Kara Tyson         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mobile Bay has two sides. The western (where Mobile is located) & the eastern side (where Fairhope is located).

Fairhope is famous as one of the best places in the US to retire.

Here are some photos:

Kara Tyson
Member # 939

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kara Tyson         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We do, of course, get our hurricanes. But they really are pretty straight forward if you dont live on an island or directly on the beach.

trails
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 1620

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trails     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can you afford to be a snow bird?

I am moving to CA and I searched and searched and found NO LLMDs that are prefered providers with any insurance. THere are two that are reasonably priced compared to many others though. I am going to see BOTH. Their prices are about 300 for the first visit and 150 after that. Scripts and other things will be paid for by insurance.

There is NO ONE here in New Mexico that I am aware of...but it is a fabulous place to live without much threat of re-infection even in the back country. That is worth something I would think.

How about the AZ folks...have you contacted them? They have a better network than us lonesome New Mexicans. It is warm there.
Alittle too warm right now at 116 degrees in pheonix! Yikes.

Trails

Posts: 1950 | From New Mexico | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whistletwin
Member # 7547

Icon 6 posted      Profile for whistletwin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't know if you've made any destination decisions, yet, so I just wanted to pass along another recommendation. There is an EXCELLENT LLMD in Eastern TX (lots of Pine Trees, one of the prettiest, and mildest, areas of TX). She is currently accepting new patients, and according to her website, she "accepts most insurances, including Medicare" (they really work with you to get your insurance to cover things, too, plus they do ALL the paperwork). If you are interested, please email me and I will be more than happy to provide more info.
Posts: 4 | From Gatesville, TX | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement