LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Seeking a Doctor » SUGGESTION: Include largest nearby city, state in subject line

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: SUGGESTION: Include largest nearby city, state in subject line
tickedntx
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5660

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tickedntx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When posting for a doctor, include the largest nearby city, state, or region in the subject line. It spares people from opening your thread when they are not in a position to help.

Speaking for myself, when I'm not feeling that great, I don't even open threads if the region is not listed in the subject, but I will open a thread which includes a region in which I think I can offer help.

You'll get more responses if you do this, and make it easier for people to help you.

Suzanne

[ 02-28-2009, 01:17 AM: Message edited by: Lou B ]

--------------------
Suzanne Shaps
STAND UP FOR LYME Texas (www.standupforlyme.org)
(Please email all correspondence related to protecting Texas LLMDs to [email protected] with copy to [email protected])

Posts: 977 | From Austin, TX, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
YES!!!!!!! We need to keep this at the top!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mbroderick
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5220

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mbroderick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
An excellent idea! There is a misconception among new posters that they can find a LLMD right in their own backyard when so many of us are traveling hours and hours! General part of the state that they live - ex: SE Pennsylvania - might be good, too.
Posts: 2097 | From PA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HaplyCarlessdave
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 413

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaplyCarlessdave   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by mbroderick:
An excellent idea!

--But from what I've seen, people who post for a doc almost always include location. You wouldn't want to automatically inclyde the location of a poster-- many times they would like to know about llmd's in a city they will be living in for awhile, or visiting for a long time; in such a case something automatic, though it might seem like a good idea, might be a monstrous pain-in-the-neck.
Simplicity and Flexibility, should be the ruling principles here! We are responsible adults. Lymebet has rarely had a problem.

DaveS

Posts: 4567 | From ithaca, NY, usa | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tickedntx
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5660

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tickedntx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
People should include the city, state, or at least region where they are looking for a doctor, regardless of whether it is where they live or where they are willing to travel. Why wouldn't this be helpful?

--------------------
Suzanne Shaps
(Please email all correspondence related to protecting Texas LLMDs to [email protected] with copy to [email protected])

Posts: 977 | From Austin, TX, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chatham
Member # 8293

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Chatham     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
CT or NYS LLMD Doc Search:
Hi: I'm new here, having just been diagnosed with neuroborreliosis -- but have had Lyme for 6 years. (Like many: suspected tick bite, followed by 'negative' blood test in 1999 led to chronic, untreated symptoms). I've found an excellent doc in CT, but my family insists on a second opinion both for diagnosis and aggressive treatment. I don't want to delay!

Can anyone here suggest a Lyme Literate doctor in NYC or anywhere in CT who will not shy away from aggressive treatment of horrible neurological symptoms, and be supportive of my primary LLMD's diagnosis and prescription?

Oh. Yeah. I have seen 13 doctors in varying specialties over the past six years. Thanks in advance for any guidance you can give.

I did not see a subject line option.

quote:
Originally posted by tickedntx:
When posting for a doctor, include the city, state, or region in the subject line. It spares people from opening your thread when they are not in a position to help.

Speaking for myself, when I'm not feeling that great, I don't even open threads if the region is not listed in the subject, but I will open a thread which includes a region in which I think I can offer help.

You'll get more responses if you do this, and make it easier for people to help you.

Suzanne

Posts: 1 | From NW Connecticut | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tickedntx
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5660

Hi Chatham:

You have replied to someone else's topic/thread. You need to start your own thread so that people will see it and respond.

To start a new topic, click "New Topic" near the top of the page. There you will be able to create a subject line and message.

Be sure to copy your message to your clipboard before posting your message in case something goes wrong so that you will not have to completely rewrite your message.

--------------------
Suzanne Shaps

azfan
Member # 8482

Icon 1 posted      Profile for azfan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
When posting for a doctor, include the city, state, or region in the subject line. It spares people from opening your thread when they are not in a position to help.

Suzanne

Posts: 40 | From Arizona | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Also when I posted in medical that 4-6 of you were looking for drs. to go to this area & respond to you.

Ann - Ohio had this wonderful idea; can't copy paste it here since I don't have the time....

IF you send someone a private message, PM, please show on comments you sent this persona a PM so they can expect it, and ALL READERS will know the person got info and the replies will NOT BE ZERO!
Way to go Ann!

Thank you for helping us know folks are getting info they want. Otherwise, go to support group section to USA, and your state...find group leader's phone nos. and email addresses .. that is another way for help.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE ... one brining REMISSION for us chronic lymies!

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Etta
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1002

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Etta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you wish, send me an e-mail, and I'll be happy to share the name of my LLMD in the Dallas Metro-Plex area. He is taking new patients.
[email protected]

Posts: 157 | From Dallas, TX | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
schimdog007
Member # 8662

Icon 1 posted      Profile for schimdog007   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
SEEKING LYME DR
STERLING HTS (DETROIT) MI, MID-WEST
Anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks

Posts: 16 | From detroit,mi | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tickedntx
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5660

Do not post requests for doctors in this thread; you are unlikely to get replies.

Post a new topic, including the area where you live or would otherwise like to find a doctor in the subject line.

--------------------
Suzanne Shaps

schimdog007
Member # 8662

Icon 1 posted      Profile for schimdog007   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
woops, that's my brain fog, thanks!
Posts: 16 | From detroit,mi | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie M in SWTX
Member # 8828

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Annie M in SWTX   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Referrals for Lyme-literate physicians may be obtained by emailing [email protected] or from the Lyme Disease Association (1.888.366.6611).

http://www.ilads.org

Hopefully this helps.

--------------------
Annie M in SWTX
Chronic Bb sufferer for 20+ years
 -
www.cafepress.com/lymegreen

Posts: 8 | From SW Texas | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blue43059
Member # 9144

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blue43059     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You can also get referrals at

1)800-886-LYME (5963)

2)[email protected]

or

3)[email protected]

Blue

Posts: 35 | From Blueland | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 4 posted            Edit/Delete Post 
hi Suzanne, can you do me a favor and edit/pencil icon your topic line to show

show city AND STATE; some are showing cities and do not show state anywhere. I'm not going to assume they are talking about the state they are posting from shown in location.

Thanks for helping to clear this up! [group hug] [kiss]

bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Originally posted by bettyg:

hi Suzanne, can you do me a favor and edit/pencil icon your topic line to show
show city AND STATE.

some are showing cities and do not show state anywhere. I'm not going to assume they are talking about the state they are posting from shown in location.

Thanks for helping to clear this up! [group hug] [kiss] [/QUOTE]

to all,

PLEASE show the LARGEST city nearest you in the subject line PLUS STATE name!

then when you type your post in body area, show the largest city nearest you 1st, then 3-4 more for the LARGEST STATES we have!

that will help those of us with nationwide lists try to pinpoint the closest LLMD to YOU!

we have no idea where in state these docs are; i don't have time to get out a map for any requests.

also, do not ask anyone with the llmd lists who is the best in this state or that. we do NOT know; they are a name only to us. some we might have some knowledge; rest we do not!

Please go to SUPPORT GROUPS, left-hand side column by state.
Click on the nearest group leader for advise. Read if they want emails or phone calls per THEIR request
Do NOT email; many are too sick to reply; thanks [Wink] [group hug] [kiss] [group hug]

Laczitag
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 90

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Laczitag     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Seeking LL Dr. in Rhode Island
[email protected]

Posts: 121 | From Sarasota, FL | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 4 posted            Edit/Delete Post 
show the LARGEST CITY near you/YOUR STATE NAME in subject line!

in body text show 4-6 LARGEST CITY NAMES CLOSEST to you being named first; this will help us help you.

lists are by city, NOT COUNTIES! thanks for help us, HELP YOU!

[ 19. November 2008, 06:04 PM: Message edited by: bettyg ]

dbwii
Member # 16551

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dbwii     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

Suzanne

--------------------
David Wingfield

Posts: 5 | From Lynchburg, VA | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dbwii
Member # 16551

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dbwii     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

Suzanne

--------------------
David Wingfield

Posts: 5 | From Lynchburg, VA | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This may never get read by newbies.... but newbies... please expect to receive info by PRIVATE MESSAGE, not by email.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DianeU
Member # 19839

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DianeU     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
When posting for a doctor, include the largest nearby city, state, or region in the subject line. It spares people from opening your thread when they are not in a position to help.

Suzanne

Posts: 2 | From Ft. Worth, Texas | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Magda
Member # 19864

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Magda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HI,
I am seeking a doctor. Have been diagnosed with Lyme and my doctor seems to have no clue. I have already neurological symptoms.
Live in Old Bridge in New Jersey.

thank you, magda

Posts: 2 | From Old Bridge, NJ | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement