LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Seeking a Doctor » Tennessee Lyme Patient needs LLMD

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Tennessee Lyme Patient needs LLMD
Dalphia
Member # 8305

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalphia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are there any Tennessee people diagonsed with Lyme, if so would like to know where you're LLMD is located. I'm almost postive there no LLMD's located in Tennessee, therefore, travel to an area outside the state will be necessary. Hopefully, there is a good LLMD in or around the surrounding states. If anyone knows of one, will you kindly advise. Thanks, Gaye
Posts: 97 | From Tennessee | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rosesisland2000
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2001

Icon 14 posted      Profile for rosesisland2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Getting to an LLMD close to you would depend on where you live in TN.

I know that several western TN folks have gone to S'field, MO to see Dr. C. He's great.

You can check out his website by following the link I have here below my name.

Good luck, you may also want to read what other have said about him. Follow this link for that: http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=004140

--------------------
Rosemary

Please pray for our troops!!!

Click here for a POSITIVE Lyme Disease website

Posts: 6191 | From Arkansas | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalphia
Member # 8305

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalphia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rosemary, thanks for the information. There are a couple of us living not to far from each other in Tennessee and we are looking for a good LLMD for confirmation of Lyme diagonses. Appreciate your post. Thanks,
Posts: 97 | From Tennessee | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalphia
Member # 8305

Rosemary, forgot to tell you I live in southern middle Tennessee near Nashville. Any help will be apprreciated. Thanks
Ann-OH
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2020

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ann-OH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dalphia, if you go to the menu on your left and click on Support Groups, you can make your way to two Tennessee support groups. I am sure they will know what docs are nearby.

Good luck!
Ann - OH

--------------------
www.ldbullseye.com

Posts: 5705 | From Ohio | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
viva
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for viva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Dalphia,

I searched high and low in TN on behalf of a friend, and have to say I didn't turn up any LLMDs in-state, or even close. My friend ended up going to CT, where he has some family. I also got recommendations for Dr. C in MO, as well as Dr. J. in Huntersville, NC (about a 6-hour drive, according to Yahoo). At the time that I e-mailed the support group in middle TN, I didn't get a reply, so I'm not sure how active they are. Maybe that's changed.

I always have my ear to the ground, so if any new names come up, I will pass them on. One thing I WOULD be sure to do is to avoid the Infectious Disease docs at the big university medical center in Nashville--not a good track record w/Lyme.

Sorry I can't offer more--
Aviva

Posts: 532 | From southeast US | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalphia
Member # 8305

Thanks to all who responded to my post. Appreciate your inputs and will avoid the Nashville Infectious Disease group. Good info.
Gaye

kathy klopfer
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1624

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kathy klopfer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,
I live in Goodlettsville had LD for 5 years e-mail me at [email protected]
I will send you my tel # if you want to talk
Kathy

--------------------
kk

Posts: 821 | From nashville tn usa | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
travis
Member # 8405

Icon 1 posted      Profile for travis   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I live in TN and I have been to see Dr C in MO twice.

I lived in middle Tn until recently and now I have moved to east TN.

I want to keep him for a LLD but the drive was over 550 miles one way and now it will be over 750 miles.
My husband had to drive me before and now with a new job and he doesn't have the vacation time saved I am not sure how to make my next visit in March.

If any one in TN would like to get a car pool or maybe the angel flight and a few people could go at the same time.

I am glad to know that there are more people in TN to get connected up with. It would be great to have closer people to discuss this illness with.

SAndy

Posts: 29 | From south | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boomerang
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boomerang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We're in Tennessee also.....have gone to see Dr in Missouri......

Haven't had any luck with a doctor in Tennessee. If anyone hears of one closer, please let me know.

Aviva, I didn't get any response from the support group in Middle Tennesee either...

Sad.

[ 06. February 2006, 11:37 PM: Message edited by: Boomerang ]

Posts: 1366 | From Southeast | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
travis
Member # 8405

Icon 1 posted      Profile for travis   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Boomerang,
Where in Tn are you located?

I have felt so alone after finding out I had lyme a little over a year ago.

It seems like the some of the southern states don't get much reconigition for having this illness.
A lady on this group is trying to have a support group in west Knowxville if you are interested.
I wish the Dr in MO was closer. He is very good but the drive out there is long.
I am farther east now than the first two visits.
Going again the end of March.

sandy

Posts: 29 | From south | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bugg
Member # 8095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bugg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi to everyone in Tennessee--

I live in Nashville and have Lyme Disease. I, too, feel like I've been on an island as I don't know many people in TN who have Lyme. I've spoken with some who lived in Chattanooga but who are now completely well. As for LLMDs, my husband and I looked everywhere, including Vanderbilt, for assistance. Unfortunately, each hospital system here..Baptist..St. Thomas..Vanderbilt all told us you cannot have Lyme Disease and live in TN. Anyway, we wound up traveling to see Dr. E. in New Jersey where IGENEX test and clinical exam reflected that I was positive for Lyme. We sought a second opinion through Dr. C. in Springfield, Missouri. I am soooooo much better than I was a year and a half ago. I am amazed. I owe so much to the great care I received from Dr. C. Also, there is a physician in Mt. Juliet who is willing to work with Dr. C. in Missouri. She is a general practitioner who is trying to learn more about the disease. She is wonderful. Also, just fyi, I did not have any luck with our local support group. If anyone lives in Tennessee and would like info regarding what has helped me, please feel free to e-mail me privately at [email protected]. I can give you my phone number.

Amy

Posts: 1155 | From Southeast | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bugg:
We sought a second opinion through Dr. C. in Springfield, Missouri. I am soooooo much better than I was a year and a half ago. I am amazed. I owe so much to the great care I received from Dr. C.

He's awesome, huh!? I'm doing great too, after years of treatment.

The dr in Mt Juliet....that's TN??

Could you PM her phone number to me?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boomerang
Member # 7979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boomerang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bumping for info about Dr. in Mt. Juliet Tn.

Thanks.....

Posts: 1366 | From Southeast | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
travis
Member # 8405

Bump for Tn and finding a lyme dr.

I am going to try to keep seeing Dr C in Mo but after I checked the milage with mapquest it is going to be over 730 miles one way.

Before I moved it was 550 and my husband drove me twice.
I did talk to someone in Nashville about two years ago and they had a support group.
The lady told me that they all had to drive out of state.
I recently moved back to the far eastern part of the state and so far I have met about 4 other people with have been bit by ticks and had the bullseye.
We need some support in this area. Sorry you all are sick but I am glad that I am not alone.

Just one quick thing. A few years back one of my friends had about 12 of her horses test positive for lyme at UT vet school.
I wonder how the horses had lyme and the medical Drs say we don't have it here in Tn.

travis

Boomerang
Member # 7979

Yeah, isn't that interesting? Horses in TN have Lyme, but people don't? When we went to see Dr. C, he mentioned that he had several patients from TN. Guess we know why.

What about the Dr. in Mt. Juliet? Did anyone ever hear anything about that?

Thanks to any for any info.

btw, I emailed the person on the TN support group several times.....no answer. If they aren't maintaining the group, they should pull the email addy from the site. jmho though.

Frustrating.

Boomerang
Member # 7979

Bump for info about Dr in Tennessee.

Thanks.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been on this board for five years and there have been numerous people from TN with Lyme.

Horses yes, people no?! HA! What a joke!

Where's Bugg?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boomerang
Member # 7979

Bump for the TN folks.
jasonsmith
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10914

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jasonsmith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where is Bugg at?
Posts: 310 | From TN | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 4 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CALL SUPPORT GROUP LEADERS! many are too sick to reply by email; so do NOT email them. don't knock them; you aren't walking in their shoes.

noticed bugg left his email; EMAIL him for more info on the doc you want to know about! [Wink]

then send me a PM with the info so we can add to our LLMD lists many of us have! thanks! [group hug] [kiss]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jasonsmith
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10914

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jasonsmith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by bettyg:
CALL SUPPORT GROUP LEADERS! many are too sick to reply by email; so do NOT email them. don't knock them; you aren't walking in their shoes.

noticed bugg left his email; EMAIL him for more info on the doc you want to know about! [Wink]

then send me a PM with the info so we can add to our LLMD lists many of us have! thanks! [group hug] [kiss]

Thanks. I passed over his e-mail. One has been sent to him.

Thanks.

Posts: 310 | From TN | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement