LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Seeking a Doctor » Need LLMD in KY

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Need LLMD in KY
liberty143
Member # 14244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for liberty143     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I live in Lexington (central Kentucky). Anyone know a MD willing to address Chronic Lyme around here?
Thanks,
liberty [confused]

Posts: 1 | From Lexington, KY | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
welcome, please read this thread please; thanks! [Big Grin]

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=005409

also, please ENABLE PRIVATE MESSAGES by UPDATING MY PROFILE and enable is shown at the bottom of your choice list!

we sent llmd names by PRIVATE MESSAGES thru lyment board.

NONE IN KY! what other state would you like after you furnish us detailed info ok!

when yo have enabled PMs, please send me a PM by clicking on 2 people standing together, 2nd icon to right of my name! ASK ME TO SEND YOU MY NEWBIE'S PACKAGE of 87 pages; info galore and treepatrol's ARCHIVE of over 1000 links are shown in there too. you'll have plenty of reading material to start your lyme journey. [Big Grin]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bugg
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 8095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bugg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm trying to send you a private message with some names (not in Kentucky, though) but I don't see that your PM option is available.....Many of us with lyme or co-infections who live in the Southeastern part of the country have to travel out-of-state for treatment....
Posts: 1155 | From Southeast | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
liberty, I'm in Louisville, KY. Please let me know if you have any questions from UL red blooded fan? CATS looked good in Nashville win on Monday afteroon.

I've been treating since July '99. I'll be glad to help. Read threads from KY, Indians, Ohio in topic posts the last few months.

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
perplexed
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1913

Icon 10 posted      Profile for perplexed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pam,

Cats had a wonderful win in Nahsville Monday night..good game.

I have been meaning to ask you who treats you for your Lyme Disease. As you know, here in Lexington no one treats or even understands the disease.

I have been to Dr C in Missouri, but he is much too far and does not take Medicare anymore.

Any info would be appreciated.

Hugs, Perplexed [confused]

Posts: 324 | From Lexington, KY, USA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perplexed, my only doctor now is my PCP. He is Internist. He's been my doc since sometime in '98, when he first joined a HMO plan of docs that I lived close to.

On my first visit to him....I had scheduled with whatever doctor was able to see me that day. My knees were killing me off and on for a couple months.

I was 41 yrs old then and somedays I could hardly walk up and down two flights of steps in our 3 story old house. I ddn't take meds in those days, except synthroid. Maybe tylenol for headache. Maybe.

I could usually struggle through any pain without, but this knee pain was hurting my active life style. We tried a couple different arthritic meds, zero help and I stopped them. Kept going, going, gone one morning July 19, 1999.

Ten days later still not recovered from this flu-like illness from hell and having some sx that I knew were not typical flu-like sx and scared I went into his office and told him I thought I had a severe food poisoning illness.

Something attacking all my joints especially all bones in both hands, weird brain fuzzy feeling, fever, etc. I told him I came down ill at our lake house. He asked about tick bites?

None that I knew of. He said doesn't sound like food poisoning, might be lyme, don't worry if it is, it's early and abx will take care of it.

He and I together found out the sometimes real chronic lyme story. I remembered week or two later that I had been attacked by a dozen insects about month before at the lake. I thought they were chiggers and put clear nail polish on them like my sister told me to do.

Never had chiggers before??? Dr C in '02 when I told him about the dozen chiggers, said he thought they were most likely deer ticks or nymph ticks, after hearing my discription of the bites.

Dr C thought chiggers were possible? But ticks most likely. They were the straw that broke the camels back.

Well maybe the molar I had pulled on Thurs that I had spent lots of money on trying to save for a few years and dentist didn't write script for abx. The Monday morning after is when the illness from hell hit me. That molar tooth had become a throbbing pain in my mouth continually.

Didn't remember the molar part of it until later on in illness, when I was reading about lyme & teeth & needing abx for pulling of tooth that was obvisiously very inflammed with who knows what type of bacteria. It could of spread through my body like wildfire.

My doc is not an LLMD. He knew of lyme because he had come from the New England area and had seen patients in the practice with early lyme sx similiar to mine.

He is actually my angel. After 6 months of lyme & company, I started telling him how I wanted to proceed with my healthcare. Sometimes he tells me something else he wants me to try or even no, he thinks we should try something else.

I know I got awful long in this answer to your question, perplexed. But if my story somehow can help someone else reading it, it was worth telling and reading it. That makes me glad if I can help someone understand lyme & company.

Perplexed, there's got to be someone in Lexington that could help you. I don't know if cured is the word, but relieving sx and using alternative to help the body kill off these bacteria is hard work. Money and medicare is tough.

I haven't been to Dr C since '04 and I know he doesn't take medicare insurance anymore. It's bad when you travel one way 8 hrs to a doctor, I know.

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement