LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » It's been a while.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: It's been a while.
TrueCornsilk
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3036

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrueCornsilk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everybody.

I don't think I've posted here in almost a year. I don't really know why I am now. Nothing is horribly wrong in my life, except the usual feelings of indecision that a lot of college students feel. Maybe as I write I'll figure out why I'm posting here again. I've forgotten a lot of what used to make me ti--what used to motivate me in life. I graduated high school a year ago, and I wanted to get as far away from Lyme as I could, and I have gotten pretty far away. My fourth and final IV treatment ended three and a half years ago. I have been off all psychiatric meds for two months now...I never thought I'd see the day.
I moved from New Jersey to Pittsburgh almost a year ago, and I love it here, more or less. I have a girlfriend who I am living with for the summer (before we go back to the University dorms in about two months.) We're in love. My classes were really hard in my second semester, plus too many activities. Now in the summer, I feel pretty detached from the world. Emotionally. Sometimes that's ok, but sometimes it's not. I just want the fervor I had in high school, but without all the suffering that went along with it. I haven't seen any Lyme symptoms in years, but come to think of it I am feeling a bit foggy today. Not enough to take pills for, but I'll just keep an eye on it.
Here's a question - has anyone experienced achy bunions on your feet? I've been having that for over a year now and the thought never entered my mind that it could be Lyme-related. Any insight would be welcome. I'm studying theater now, I am not working hard enough this summer. It's lazy...too lazy, makes a man tired too many hours out of the day. The laziness was great for a while, but I am eager to get back to class and recharge my brain.

A'ight yall,
HOLLA!

Posts: 134 | From western PA | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cbb
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 788

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cbb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi TrueCornsilk!
So glad to have you back!!
Sounds like you've been doing real well since the last time we heard from you.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you the one who had a key role in "..on the Way to the Forum"?

I remember how impressed I was that you could take on so much, in addition to regular high school stuff, when you had Lyme disease.
My daughter was in "Hello, Dolly" in high school, so I know what these productions involve.

About your question -
Haven't had "achy bunions" on my feet, but I have had "achy feet".

Don't know if it was Lyme but probably Babesiosis.
After treating both, my feet improved quite a bit.

When I was on the 2nd bottle of Mepron, there were days my feet hurt so bad I could hardly walk.
Now when they hurt, I don't know if it's because they're "old"
or because a Tick-Borne Disease may be coming back.

Like you, I'm keeping an eye on the problem.

So good to hear from you.
Don't overdo the activities, and
I hope this next school year is great!!

You deserve it!!

Take care, & check in with us from time to time.
Loved hearing how you're doing.

Posts: 4638 | From South Carolina | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TrueCornsilk
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3036

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrueCornsilk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi. It is my intention to sit down and play video games for several hours. Yeah, it wasn't so much a lead role in Forum, but there were other leads in years past. And hopefully some work is in line this fall. I did some crew work this summer, but not much is happening. I have some pictures online. Try this:
http://dannyj.textamerica.com

That should work. I'm the guy in the bandana. How has everybody been? Fill me in on any goings-on. I've been taking some well-needed time off from anything medical. I guess touching base will help me remember my past and what used to drive me so hard to finish high school. I dunno, it's always been hard to relate to people personally (online) since I don't know any of your faces and the screennames blend together. Whatever. If anyone has any pictures of themselves on the web, post 'em here!

I used to say stuff like I wanted to be a doctor or something. Now, I don't anymore. I took an intro speech pathology class, and it was all these gross photos of vocal cords and stuff. Makes my throat shiver just thinking about it. I don't want to study psychology either. I've taken a few college level psych courses now, and I felt like I needed therapy after each one. I also tried a philosophy course my second semester. I didn't realize that it was one of the hardest philosophy courses at Pitt, and Pitt has a really hard core department too. Like, about 70% of the class were philosophy majors, and they all said it was the hardest class they had ever taken. And to top it all off, I took the writing practical (one extra credit) to fill a general requirement. Oh boy. There were some frustrated nights. But now, I know a lot of things I am never going to study again, which makes my life a whole lot easier. Easier than I realize.

Whatever. I guess I'm getting away from the whole basket-case thing for now. Let's see how stressed I get in the fall ;-) I'm gonna go read the Da Vinci Code. It's cool.

Piso Mojado,
Danny

Posts: 134 | From western PA | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kesafloyd
Member # 5888

Icon 6 posted      Profile for kesafloyd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, Danny!

Here's a screen name you can put a face to. The pics are cute, as usual. I think you may have called the "Landlord," given that both he and Gollem seem to be multiple. LOL

Ali

[This message has been edited by kesafloyd (edited 06 July 2004).]

Posts: 2 | From Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Ali...move over! I may be 53, but that Danny is cute!

Good to hear from ya, Cornie! I hope you keep an eye on those feet... and other Lyme symptoms.

Nothing much going on down here...but I'm feeling pretty darn good, though still on abx.

------------------
oops!
Lymetutu

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kesafloyd
Member # 5888

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kesafloyd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lymetoo:
Hey Ali...move over! I may be 53, but that Danny is cute!

Isn't he?

Ali

Posts: 2 | From Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
True Corn Silk,

Thanks for posting. Perhaps you could copy your post and put it under success stories.

It is always good to hear from someone who has been down the rough rode of lyme and now is in the world of the living.

Let's see...college, girlfriend...bunion troubles...but the big picture looks good.

Congratulations.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
troutscout
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 3121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for troutscout     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
True........you dog.

Turnin' on alll of these older women and all....now stop it!

lol

Glad to see you checking in again.

Trout

Posts: 5262 | From North East Iowa | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stella
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3119

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stella   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great to hear from you, Danny!

Seems like you have things under control and are out there enjoying your college years! Good for you!

I too am feeling a lot better and drop by Lymenet whenever I can.....I'm off abx and have a life again!

It's now our turn to help out others and try to shine light on LD!

Aren't we lucky???

Posts: 712 | From Ottawa, ON, Canada | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TrueCornsilk
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3036

Hey, if you guys see light in me, that's ok. Light is nice. Luck...who knows. Yeah, yeah we are lucky, sure. It's easy to forget it now, and take this freedom for granted, Like it was always there. That's good sometimes, you know, to drop the baggage. Forget it ever happened. I feel like remembering today though. Mostly for my own sake.

You know, I went to college 700 miles away for a reason. I wanted people to know me, and not know I ever had lyme. And it has worked beautifully. Back in my hometown, I had this wierd...almost a celebrity status. About half the people thought I was messed up because I was all emotional, having killed the disease physically but not emotionally. The other half seemed to constantly remind me that I was some kind of "walking miracle" or something. I chimed right in and said all kinds of stuff along with them, like "Nobody really knows how I got better, it just happened. Do I inspire you?" I was carrying a lot of weight, and I think it showed when I posted here. It's gone now. I'm really just enjoying my anonymity in a school with an undergrad population bigger than my hometown. I can talk to people whenever I want to, and I can be a number, slipping into the woodwork, whenever I want to. It's easy. But it's nice to come back here to visit. Thanks for replying, everyone.

------------------
Before you criticize someone you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

[This message has been edited by TrueCornsilk (edited 08 July 2004).]

lymemomtooo
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5396

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymemomtooo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Danny, thanks for your message. I have a very ill 17 year old daughter and some days think she will never be well. You have given me some hope.
Posts: 2360 | From SE PA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TrueCornsilk
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3036

Yeah, Hope is good. 17? She's young...I don't pretend to have pre-packaged answers lined up for anybody...and I know you understand that. I used to pretend. Not now. I have no idea what to say to help...and any false advice I give would make me feel so burdened. So I guess you can talk to me if you want, I'll just listen. That's what I've become good at.

PS - What's her favorite flavor of milkshake? Mine was always BLACK RASPBERRY.....my mom got me one when I was in the hospital and I felt so good for the time I was drinking it. How am I at subtlety?

Danny

------------------
Before you criticize someone you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement