LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Are there any moderators on lymenet?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Are there any moderators on lymenet?
aaronkatie
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are so many threads being posted where people are being verbally attacked and possible trolls are running around - I have no idea if they are or not but it seems that someone should be watching them.

I'm certainly not laying blame to anyone but instead asking a serious question since i've written to the moderators above without answer.

I don't care where prayer posts are (my opinion doesn't matter) but I'd never verbally attack someone, and same with rife and anything else.

At the same time I see so few people being helped by lymenet which used to be such a helpful site, this is sad.

Go ahead and go off on me now, just another thread i'd think should be deleted.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JillF
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5553

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JillF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I myself have also noticed a huge difference in LymeNet since coming here for the first time a few months ago.

I used to visit several times a day.

Now it's every other week or once a month.

This was a great site but now it just doesn't seem the same or as helpful or as interesting.

It's too bad that a few 'bad apples' can ruin it for everyone else.

There are way too many people on this site with wayyyyyyyyyyyyy too much time on their hands.

Posts: 1485 | From USA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GEDEN13
Member # 4151

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GEDEN13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
feel the same..dont no want is going on here.gotta request my password everytime i post..was told to space paragraphs for easy reading reading ..i do that!dont print out that way... who are these are these people running lymenet...moderators cant be found.uselesss anyway. wrote then,never reply. noted lyme doc(doc ted) jacked around by lymenet.. shame on you!!!!! trolls behind the curtain? MUNCHINS BEHIND THE CURTAIN RUNNING THE MIGHTY OZ? take your medicine lymenet!! WAKE UP!!! folks here need this place....if you cant see over the steering wheel,sit on some phone books!!

------------------

Posts: 1108 | From PA. | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lookin4answers
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4974

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lookin4answers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by JillF:

There are way too many people on this site with wayyyyyyyyyyyyy too much time on their hands.

I would like to say that I totally agree with that and have been thinking that to myself for some time now!! Glad you said it.
I can understand that there are many on this site that are unable to work. But they would not usually be the ones "stirring up trouble", for they do not feel good enough to spend time doing silly things like that.
Not sure about the rest.

Posts: 688 | From SW Arkansas | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aaronkatie
Unregistered

Lookingforanswers(sp???),

just in case you thought my post was directed at you or anyone you know or anyone who has been a long standing lymenet member the answer is no.

And as for spending time here - I also spent alot more time here answering people's questions, trying to help but now there are more arguments than helping of people that need it.

Nobody should be afraid to post for fear of being verbally attacked - like some recent posts.

Once again, my point is, if a post is getting out of hand and a moderator has been alerted they should make their presence known. Maybe I'm in the minority here, oh well.

TheCrimeOfLyme
Member # 4019

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheCrimeOfLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They are MIA
Posts: 3169 | From Greensburg, Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aaronkatie
Unregistered

LOL!!!

lookin4answers
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4974

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lookin4answers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by aaronkatie:
Lookingforanswers(sp???),

just in case you thought my post was directed at you or anyone you know or anyone who has been a long standing lymenet member the answer is no.

And as for spending time here - I also spent alot more time here answering people's questions, trying to help but now there are more arguments than helping of people that need it.

Nobody should be afraid to post for fear of being verbally attacked - like some recent posts.

Once again, my point is, if a post is getting out of hand and a moderator has been alerted they should make their presence known. Maybe I'm in the minority here, oh well.

No, aaronkatie, I was not thinking that, but thank you. I actually agree with all of you here.
Things seem to be a little hostile on this board in some places.

We surely can debate things without being rude and out of order, with one another (not me and you, for we do not have probs) right?

Posts: 688 | From SW Arkansas | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aaronkatie
Unregistered

Absolutely no problems at all!!
kgg
Member # 5867

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kgg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have to agree. I am new to lyme and have been reading this site for a few months. I am amazed at the angry agressive undertone (and sometimes not so undertone!)that seems to frequent this forum.

I have had questions, but have not posted them. I have written responses and deleted them for fear of having my head bit off.

The battle should be against this disease, not each other. Fatigue, brain fog, pain, nausea and fear for my son's health is what I deal with daily. This place should be a forum of compassion not attack. Just don't have the energy for anything else. That's why I have been posting questions and support posts either privately or on other forums where it is safer.

Please may we all be more careful with what we write.

Karen

[This message has been edited by kgg (edited 07 September 2004).]

Posts: 1711 | From Maine | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheCrimeOfLyme
Member # 4019

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheCrimeOfLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear AaronKatie

Today, I had 72 pink hearts, one yellow star, three blue moons, and 9 purple thingamajiggies in my Lucky Stars cereal.

ANywho... as the sign on your post says..

I STILL think the moderators are MIA. I think if the moderators weren't MIA, no one would be viewing as much bullcucca as they are, etc. IM GLAD im no longer moderator- but I did respond to emails , at least! And I did clean up the board at least

and I did just drop some of my cereal. OH, sorry back to the subject at hand , back to the meaning of your post..

WHO ATE THE MODERATORS?

Posts: 3169 | From Greensburg, Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aaronkatie
Unregistered

KGG,

You are one of the people i was thinking of when I wrote this, you and many more that have felt this way. And I personally am so sorry you feel this way because this is not the lymenet that I was welcomed into a year and a half ago.

And COL,
Where is my cereal? I know you did answer your emails as moderator and took the job seriously. It was appreciated, atleast by me.

And yep who are they???

slcd
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5708

Icon 1 posted      Profile for slcd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe it's time for new moderators? Maybe they just don't have the time to devote anymore . . .
Posts: 415 | From Canton, GA United States | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aaronkatie
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by slcd:
Maybe it's time for new moderators? Maybe they just don't have the time to devote anymore . . .

Maybe not, that is a good point. Just hate seeing anyone getting treated badly. So you might have a good idea!

daphne
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2340

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daphne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i am so glad this post was started! as i could not agree with you all more.

i joined this site 21/2 years ago, and i thank god it was here, as i would have been totally lost during that time without it,

however, a while back, i found myself not enjoying taking part in the group, due to all the thingies already mentioned, so i left for awhile. just checking in from time to time.

i decided to come back a few weeks ago, after telling my husband how much i really missed the feeling of not being alone in this fight. however, it is very different here. you honestly do find yourself deleting your response in fear of what someone will write in response to it, and that is not why we are here.

i will tell you that in the past 2 days, i have recieved 7 emails from people who have gotten my name from this site, they are seriously seeking the support that i recieved from here 21/2 years ago.

i hope they will continue to give us a chance here, because i still believe this is a wonderful place, we just really need those few weeds pulled.

i hope i did not say the wrong thing, but i'm sure i did.

------------------
(((HUGS!!!))),daphne

Posts: 232 | From ft. worth, texas, | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aaronkatie
Unregistered

It is good to see you back Daphne (i don't know you so its good to meet you), but you didn't say the wrong thing.

I, too, was lost until I found lymenet and thanks to it I have a few amazing friends, the best in my life - so if i ever leave atleast I know Lymenet was worth something, but I would hate for it to come down to that.

thanks for writing.

GEDEN13
Member # 4151

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GEDEN13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ronkate...please dont leave!! your much to valueable(sp?)i know the good guys here...your the best!! partial? yes! stay well......gary

------------------

Posts: 1108 | From PA. | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymebrat
Member # 3208

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymebrat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree,

This use to be my home away from home. But now it seems a little hostile.

I think it is sad that others seem to get down right nasty to fellow posters, simply because they don't agree with their views or opinions...

But I still think the good outweighs the bad. And I will continue to post in hopes of getting myself and my kids cured from lyme and hopefully I will be able to contribute and help others as well.

Hugs and wellness,
~Missy

Posts: 3154 | From NH , USA | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GEDEN13
Member # 4151

up......keep on going..

------------------

JillF
Member # 5553

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JillF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let me tell you, I am getting so sick of the negativity on this forum.

People take so much out of context and turn your words around and use it to attack you or at least be mean to you.

And some of these people who do this are the ones here whining about no moderators when I believe they are part of the problem with Lymenet.

I used to post ALL the time. Now I have to really feel moved to post or reply.

And after I saw someone post something out of context from my post yesterday, I don't know if I will be posting, much less coming to Lymenet, much after today.

Posts: 1485 | From USA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rdcallen
Member # 3987

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rdcallen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with kgg. I am also new here and am not supposed to get upset (it worsens my symptoms). So, I have to limit time on lymenet.
If I have a question I am afraid to ask it because it will have already been asked and someone will tell me to do a search or, not answer at all.
Even if a question was asked and answered before, lymenet is dynamic and constantly changing. New fact are known, new articles available and new experiences from newcomers out there. We should be able to tap into that new information without being told to simply do a search.
Well now, I feel better too aaronkatie.
Cathy

Posts: 71 | From Warren, Mi, USA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
slcd
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5708

Icon 1 posted      Profile for slcd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think what we need here is a real moderator.

As in someone who would want to, and we would all trust to, take complaints from people who feel they have been wronged or insulted in any way.

A lot of times, with written communications, things can easily be misconstrued. You can't see someone's body language or hear their tone of voice, so sometimes people are being sarcastic and we don't catch it, and sometimes their not and we think they are.

This moderator could be the middle man (person) for anybody who has a complaint and the person that this complaint is about. It doesn't help if someone doesn't realize that someone feels attacked by them.

Anyways . . . just a thought . . . (which I just realized is my way of saying I hope I no one didn't like anything I was saying! lol)

Posts: 415 | From Canton, GA United States | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement