LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » anyone else call on behalf of Sandy Mishky?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: anyone else call on behalf of Sandy Mishky?
Caryn
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 366

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Caryn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i just called gov McGreevy's office and spoke to his aid, Ed Tarmuk, who sounded like a very nice and reasonable person who patiently listened to me - i was having trouble speaking due to my neuro-lyme. i explained who i was and why i was calling. i refered to one of Sandy's posts to explain to him her situation. i have not called Sandy yet, but will when i finish this post.

Mr Tarmuk explained to me that there was nothing that the gov's office could do at this point as it is in the courts hands. he did try to reassure me after i explained Sandy's situation that the judge would take everything in consideration and from what i told him , reluctant to remove a sick child from a loving, caring and responsible mother and tends to favor the mother in costody situations. i did however convince him to call DYFS to look into this matter and that a call from the gov's office might help.

with my difficulty sounding coherant, i am a bit nervous about what to say when i call DYFS and request to speak to Jim davy. can anyone coach me on what to tell him? i am going to give Sandy a call now.

oh, Mr Tarmuk did tell me that Sandy needs a lawyer to defend her in court. i explained that she could not afford one as she has spent 80,ooo trying to fight DFYS so far. he gave me the no. of Legal Aid at rutgers U. will pass this on to Sandy. hope they can help. Sandy also emailed me that the Sheller law firm sent a letter out friday on her behalf.

[This message has been edited by Caryn (edited 08 September 2004).]

Posts: 1093 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheCrimeOfLyme
Member # 4019

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheCrimeOfLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yup and I had fun doing it.

Mailed a letter to Davy on Thursday last week also.

Posts: 3169 | From Greensburg, Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caryn
Member # 366

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Caryn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good for you!!! can you or anyone coach me on what to say to Davy? also got an email with correction of Jim Davy's phone no.: 609-292-3717 his asst. email : [email protected]

edison district DCYF office 732-418-3401

Posts: 1093 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JillF
Member # 5553

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JillF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I sent an email to Davy's assistant

Will call as soon as the little one is sleeping

Figure it will be less professional with a 2 yr old trying to grab the phone from me while I'm trying to talk...

Posts: 1485 | From USA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rosesisland2000
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2001

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rosesisland2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Caryn, thanks for the corrected number, I called and got a recording on the other number.

I called the Gov's office and they said that they were very familiar with this case. Don't know if it did any good, but, surely, with the numbers that call, they will sit up and listen and act on Sandy's behalf.

Rosemary

Posts: 6191 | From Arkansas | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just called Davy's office and the person in charge of the child's case is supposed to call me back.

I felt ignorant of what to say also....just wing it...it's our care and concern that will make the difference. I think just making the call [LOTS OF US, I hope!] will have an impact in the child's case.

Here's the link to information about this child for those first hearing about this situation. http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/Forum3/HTML/010801.html

------------------
oops!
Lymetutu

[This message has been edited by Lymetoo (edited 07 September 2004).]

Posts: 96227 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lookin4answers
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4974

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lookin4answers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a good feeling when I spoke to the assistant in the governor's office.
I did not even get the half of it out, or even her name.

She asked if I was calling for Sandy Mishky and her son that has lyme.....well yes, I said.
She said that they were looking into it as we speak and that they were taking a count on the calls that were coming in.

I thought that sounded good!! Hope it helped.

Now the other office was not as impressive as the governer's office. They just took a message and I have ofcourse not heard from Davy. I also emailed him this:

I am writing you on my friend's behalf. Her name is Sandy Mishky.

The DYFS in the Edison District is neglecting to see her son Emery has chronic lyme.
This is very important to address. I believe she is going to court tomorrow.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE do not hesitate to look into this further. A very good mother is going to loose custody of her children for no substantial reason. Her son desperately needs to address the spirochetes in his body. DYFS is not allowing her to do this.

Thank you,
Amanda Franks

[This message has been edited by lookin4answers (edited 08 September 2004).]

Posts: 688 | From SW Arkansas | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mcnteddy
Member # 6075

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mcnteddy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I talked to a sympathetic lady in the Governors office and she offered to forward my call to the Child Welfare Department. It took about 15 minutes before I got through and talked to another sympathetic lady who said Diane, the case worker for the Mishkys, was not available but would call me back. I gave my number and 15 minutes later Diane called me back. We had a long interesting conversation. Seemingly she knows someone with LD, and wanted to know where she could find more about the disease(s). I referred her to Wildernetwork and explained how she could get information from ILADS, LymeNet, other sites and from particular knowledgeable doctors like Dr. Stricker. She pointed out that the judge will make a decision about the children being taken away and about the need for long term Abx. The Governor and the Diane's department have had so many calls, they should have the information that should ensure the kids are not removed. Let's hope Steere and his cronies don't push their noses into the picture.

------------------

Posts: 77 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SandyL
Member # 5983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SandyL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THANKS EVERYONE.

PLEASE DO NOT CALL PETER MANCUSI'S OFFICE (EDISON DYFS) - ANYMORE. They are getting angrier at me now - and that doesn't help.

All the benefit will come from the Governor's office - if anyone's. I am not sure what will happen from the calls to Jim Davy's office. Remember - he heads DYFS. But the governor appointed him. And DYFS doesn't need any more bad press.

If the governor's office "cuts you off" to ask if this is about "Sandy Mishky" - that is a "good thing". They are logging calls - enough calls - just maybe there is a chance they can "squash" this whole horrendous thing. My file is on their desk. If they appear to have the time/sympathy - to hear what you/your family/kids - are going through - that is even better. But the main issue is: 1) they are going to Court to remove my kids from me (to see if my son is "really" sick - or if it is "me" making him sick), and then 2) I have not been allowed to treat my son.

I HAVE PASSED MY PSYCHIATRIC EXAM - BUT THEY ARE STILL ACTING AS THOUGH I HAVE MUNCHAUSEN BY PROXY.

THE MOST IMPORTANT CALL IS THE GOVERNORS OFFICE - AND AGAIN (READ MY LAST POST) DON'T MENTION MY EX (AFRAID OF GETTING SUED).

Thanks everyone!

Posts: 69 | From Highland Park, NJ USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SandyL
Member # 5983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SandyL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everyone. Thanks for the calls today. Here is the scoop. Calls going to Governor McGreevey's office on my behalf are being logged. There is the possibility ("possibility!") that if ENOUGH CALLS ARE RECEIVED - this political pressure could perhaps "help" this to be handled more in my favor. (A nice gentlemen from this state - Ed, that Caryn refers to, told me "get as many people to call as you can - the more the better - ESPECIALLY FROM NJ - THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT). AND IT HAS TO HAPPEN RIGHT AWAY.
Here is the phone number to call governor's. office: 609-777-2800

WHAT TO SAY:

1) Mention my name (Sandy Mishky) 2) Mention it is a DYFS case due to Lyme treatment (me losing my kids due to lyme treatment) 3) Ask them to look into this matter/help me 4) Be real "polite and positive" - (Remember, "these" aren't the bad guys in this office - THEY ARE TRYING TO HELP ME!)
5) Don't mention "specifics"/bad things about my "ex" (for "our" protection - know what I mean?)

THE MORE CALLS THAT ARE RECEIVED - THE BETTER. EVEN IF YOU AREN'T FROM NJ - YOU CAN CALL. BUT PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE - IF YOU KNOW ANY RELATIVES,FRIENDS,ACQUAINTANCES IN NJ - Please call them and have them call the governors office at the above number, and "saying the above only - is all that is needed. (I am trying to make sure you/I don't get in trouble for "slander" in regards to what has happened to me by the "ex".

DO NOT CALL OR EMAIL PETER MANCUSI AT EDISON DISTRICT OFFICE any more. IT CAN'T HELP ME. IT IS ACTUALLY ONLY GETTING THEM ANGRIER AT ME. T

THIS ISSUE Should only be addressed with the State of NJ (Governor and Jim Davy and even Department of Child Welfare - thank Ted! - SO CALL THEM. THEY ARE "WELCOMING" THE CALLS - AND "THE GOVERNOR'S OFFICE MAY BE ABLE TO HELP - IF AND ONLY IF THEY GET ENOUGH CALLS.

Also: I have shared with all of you "how" I got into this spot - about an angry ex-family member starting this. I have also shared personal characteristics of this person that are bad. PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL THIS INFORMATION TO ANYONE. I HAVE BEEN EMOTIONAL AND HAVE SHARED IT WITH YOU. BUT MY CASE IS BEING LOOKED AT VERY, VERY CLOSELY. I AM AFRAID COMMENTS MAY GET BACK TO THIS BITTER FAMILY MEMBER TO GET ME OR OTHERS IN TROUBLE. SO IN SHORT, IF YOU WANT TO HELP, STICK TO THE INFORMATION IN MY POST ABOVE.

AND PLEASE - CUT AND PASTE MY "WHAT TO SAY" PORTION ABOVE, AND PLEASE EMAIL TO EVERY PERSON YOU KNOW. GETTING PEOPLE FROM NEW JERSEY IS ESPECIALLY IMPORTNAT FOR ME TO WIN - BUT PLEASE, CAN EVERYONE CALL FOR ME.

(I am very pleased by the sympathy and attention that the governor's office is giving. I really believe with enough calls - they can do the right thing).

Thanks from the bottom of my heart!

Posts: 69 | From Highland Park, NJ USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SandyL
Member # 5983

Sorry for the duplicate post!

I am so, so tired - not being careful. And But I do have this tiny bit of positive, but nervous, energy. I really think that with enough calls, there can be some real pressure exerted to stop this herendous thing from happening.

Thanks again everyone.

Mo
Member # 2863

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Mo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone talk to Sandy today?

Please call if you haven't already..

Mo

Posts: 8337 | From the other shore | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rita
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've called 609 777 2800, 4 times, and no one answers the phone.

An English woman told me that Munchausen and its inventor ( for lack of a better word) have been discredited and debunked in England and the man is on the verge of going to jail. I haven't seen it written anywhere else so that info, if true, may not have gotten to the states.

[This message has been edited by Rita (edited 08 September 2004).]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amyb
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5520

Icon 1 posted      Profile for amyb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
is this the right number 609 777 2800 ????

all it does is ring

has anyone got thru today?

amyb

Posts: 362 | From west chester, pa | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just called 609-292-6000 for the governor's office. They listened and took my name. I got this number from yesterday's thread Sandy posted. [I had printed it out as I was calling from my cell phone yesterday.]

------------------
oops!
Lymetutu

Posts: 96227 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheCrimeOfLyme
Member # 4019

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheCrimeOfLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone heard from Sandy yet? I have her cell but am hesitatant to call since I do not know what is up yet.

Hope all is OK sandy !

Posts: 3169 | From Greensburg, Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SandyL
Member # 5983

THE CORRECT PH0NE NUMBERS TO MAKE CALLS TO HELP ME (Lyme Mom about to lose kids) are:

Governor McGreevey's office: 609-292-6000

Dept. of Human Services: 609-292-6060
(Ask for Coryndi Scott)

The most important call is to Governor's office. They will "log" the call - and the more calls - the better.

Remember that Ms Scotts office, the Dept of Human Services - is the department - agency (head of DYFS) responsible for this happening to me. (It doesn't hurt to give this woman a good solid background on what Lyme disease does to your health and your kids health. It is "this" agency that disagrees with my sons long term antibiotics treament).

Bye Thanks Will update everyone later
(Am busy sending this phone numbers to everyone on earth that I know)

once bitten
Unregistered

consider it done.

amyb
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5520

Icon 1 posted      Profile for amyb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
just called

said there is nothing the gov. can do that it is up to the judge

is there anything else we can do?

sandy when is your court date do you know?

would it help if you fill the court with lyme people?

amyb

Posts: 362 | From west chester, pa | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo
Member # 2863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From Pat Smith:

Thanks to those who called McGreevey's office yesterday.

They have been receiving more calls and apparently are looking into the matter. At this time, I ask that if you have not called, call 609 292 6000, the office of Governor McGreevey. Please just indicate to them you would like them to look into the DYFS/Mishky matter.

Please do not get into adversarial issues with the governor's office, since they are not a part of the problem, but they could be a part of the solution by helping Lyme patients in general, Ms. Mishky in particular. They are interested in the situation of Lyme patients so a very BRIEF summary of your problem is OK if they seem to have the time to hear it.

Thanks for all your help.

Pat Smith, President
Lyme Disease Association, Inc.
PO Box 1438
Jackson, NJ 08527
888-366-6611 information line
732 938-7215 fax www.LymeDiseaseAssociation.org

Posts: 8337 | From the other shore | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RECIPEGIRL
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5884

Icon 12 posted      Profile for RECIPEGIRL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I talked to the Gov.'s Aide. at 3 pm Central.

She took my name & said she liked my Texas accent. She even thanked me.

Jan

[This message has been edited by RECIPEGIRL (edited 08 September 2004).]

Posts: 602 | From Burleson, Texas, USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
andie-ws
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6116

Icon 1 posted      Profile for andie-ws     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DID IT!! Spoke to Gov's office. Said Lyme problem very serious and widespread, affecting MANY families.

Told them abx are the only thing helping my son.That he was misdiagnosed with autism until Lyme discovered and treated.

Told them my son is slowly recovering on IV abx and that the "autistic" profile is gone.

Hope this helps your situation; our kid's symptoms are so similar!

anyone else we should call/write?

Keep us posted
Fingers crossed,
andie

ps: that was kinda scary...You have my utmost respect!!

Posts: 278 | From weston,ct.usa | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mrdsmom
Member # 5630

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mrdsmom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I called Coryndi Scott at the Dept. of Human Services this afternoon. She transferred me to Sharon at the Asst. Commissioners office. She told me that they were contacting doctors regarding Lyme Disease and going to review the situation further. She took my name and number in case they needed more info. Seems like she was interested in speaking with me.

Carol

Posts: 56 | From Belvidere,NJ USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MADDOG
Member # 18

Icon 3 posted      Profile for MADDOG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,I called the Gov. office they were looking into it. MADDOG
Posts: 4008 | From Ohio | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
minoucat
Member # 5175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for minoucat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They were pretty blase when they talked to me, which I take for a good sign.
Posts: 2331 | From WA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
robi
Member # 5547

Icon 1 posted      Profile for robi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I called.....the guy was like...OK we will note that....I asked have you gotten A lot of calls? He said yes, but i really isn't up to the Gov.

Still, I think it is good we are trying......Lyme folks never gve up...we can't!!!

Posts: 2503 | From here | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymebrat
Member # 3208

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymebrat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I couldn't get through, but I did send a letter..hope it helps!

God Bless!
~LymeBrat

Posts: 3154 | From NH , USA | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SandyL
Member # 5983

Hi everyone,

Thanks to all of you. I have not been able to return a lot of calls and emails. I can't imagine that this can't do "some" good for me. (I was originally told that they were going to file the complaint to remove the kids on Tuesday or Wednesday - nothing happened so far).

I honestly have cramps from all the emails/writing.

My grandmother -86 - asked my mother "OK, what is going on?" I certainly did not tell her, but then again - she hasn't seen my son for 4 months. I have kept him away because his autistic traits/noise/loudness/wild - would scare her to death. Anyway, "Granny" called the Governors office with her Scottish accent - and she really got to the gentleman.

Only two days left in this week. I continue contacting all the different advocate groups. I contacted Office of the Child Advocate today - again - to find out why they possibly thought they couldn't help last week. I got the "supervisor" of the person who couldn't help last week. Anyway, she sounded a little more interested in getting involved.

If this works out for me - where can we have the big party?

How about on October 22 - when the Lyme Diseae LDA conference is in NY. Can't we all meet at a TGIF's somewhere that night to help me celebrate my good fortune (thinking positive - something has to happen).

Thanks again everyone. I feel this has to do something.

Guess what, I work with a number of Indian and Pakistani folks in my office branch. Guess what, my "plea for help/callers to government" - went out to about $5000 Pakistani americans.

Guess who is getting a lot of calls tomorrow. The governor's office will have to get at least $500 calls tomorrow, from some very thick accents!

Thanks so much

SandyL
Member # 5983

I have to add one more thing.

The governors office in the State of NJ is certainly more knowledgeable about Lyme now.

I have called back a number of times now as some of you have. When my grandmother called, the person she spoke to from McGreevey's office was actually telling "her" about an Aunt he has who he is "sure" must still have her Lyme disease!

I know that Governor's office is really starting to understand "and believe" in Lyme disease.

They even questioned me further as to "Treatment Guidelines".

Pat Smith from LDA has done a lot of hard work in the past so many years. Hopefully, this massive "input" as to my emergency situation will build upon what Pat has already put in place, and will "make a difference".

Going to bed feeling better in knowing that there is so much activity going on.

Sandy Mishky

SandyL
Member # 5983

I just found out that the DYFS attorney who is supposed to go to Court to file the claim against me is on vacation until Monday next week. (I don't know why I was told it may happen to me Tuesdy or Wednesday this week - perhaps they changed attornies). I guess this is good - it gives more time for McGreevey's office to be barraged with calls.

If anyone is told anything really "good"/noteworthy when you call, can you be sure to post it and/or email me. Thank you.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

what's the latest?
amyb
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5520

just wondering how Sandy is making out

amyb

cbb
Member # 788

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cbb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Under a different topic, Sandy asked that we get in touch with Diane Ryan.
I just e-mailed her a few minutes ago.

Posts: 4638 | From South Carolina | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
once bitten
Unregistered

so what is happening? I said this would be a dangerous precedent to set and told the nice lady not to get a tick bite.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement