LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Recommend a Good (cheap) Motel in Springfield?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Recommend a Good (cheap) Motel in Springfield?
Biting Back
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6018

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Biting Back     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Going to see Dr. C in a couple of weeks and we're looking for a clean, cheap motel. This time we're going to mix business with pleasure by making a much needed mini-vacation out of it. Last time we were there the motel room had fleas! We asked to be moved to another room and that one had fleas too! They also wouldn't refund our money.

Any suggestions or recommendations? Thanks!

Posts: 703 | From Almost Heaven | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
achey
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6284

Icon 1 posted      Profile for achey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

springfield in what state?

Posts: 663 | From NH USA | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AL76
Member # 6576

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL76     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What motel was it? I want to make sure I don't go there!!
Posts: 16 | From Delavan Ill | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Biting Back
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6018

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Biting Back     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oops! Missouri. Springfield, Missouri. It was the Super 8 or Motel 6. Sorry, can't remember but I'll ask hubby tonight and get back to you.
Posts: 703 | From Almost Heaven | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pab
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 904

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pab     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We are going to Springfield on the 19th. This is where we are staying:

www.choicehotels.com/ires/en-US/html/HotelInfo?hotel=MO010&sid=

We have not been to this hotel before. I checked orbitz first and then went directly to the Clarion website.

We are paying $66 plus tax.

This is our 3rd trip to Springfield and have stayed at a different hotel each time.

------------------

Posts: 2775 | From MN | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alot of people stay at the Lamplighter Inn on Glenstone and Sunshine. There are two, so make sure you ask for the one on Sunshine. I think the rooms are in the $40 range. Tell them you are a patient of Dr C's. They are supposed to give you a discount.

There are other motels on Glenstone. I'll be in Springfield this evening. IF I get a chance, I'll find the name of a few. I know there are some older ones there that look very nice.

You can also go online and get some coupons. I know Rosesisland used to have a good link for that. BTW, where is Rosemary?

Here's the phone number for the Lamplighter:
1-417-882-1113

------------------
oops!
Lymetutu

Posts: 96227 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snowboarder
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6346

Icon 7 posted      Profile for snowboarder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I went in September and stayed at the Clarion on Glenstone. It's very close to the Lamplighter Inn and was a nice room.

I booked room via internet (clarion.com)and it was around $60.00 but might be more then you want to spend...I promise no bugs. The room I booked was under corporate rate and make sure to ask for that.

Posts: 738 | From Colorado | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beach4so
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3832

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beach4so     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Biting Back,

We stay at the Lamplighter and it is very, very nice.

We had a suite and they only charged 55 for the night.

It had a king size bed with a tv in one section, a queen size sofa sleeper and two chairs and a computer desk in another section, and kitchen with microwave, refergerator and sink. The bathroom was so big you could of had a party in it.

The BEST part is if your appt is around the time of check out they extend the check out time for you.

Dominic's appt was around 11 and they allowed us to stay until 1 so that my mom and 2 other kids could stay in the room and not have to come sit at the Dr's office.

I found the hotel really clean and the people were great! I didn't stay there this last trip but I did see they had construction going on around the hotel.

Hope this helps you!
Starr

Posts: 698 | From Louisiana | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lifeline
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3445

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lifeline     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We also stay at the Lamplighter Inn, and you can get one of their cards punched, and after ten stays, you get the next time free.

Do mention that you are a ptient of Dr. C and you will get the room for, I think, it is $44.00.

They have always been really nice and we feel the rooms are adequate and clean.

Lymetoo is right that you can go online and get coupons. You can get one for a dollar off at Hemmingway's at the Bass Pro Shop. Other coupons also are available.

lifeline

Posts: 983 | From FL | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm glad to hear that the Lamplighter is so accomodating.

I found two more possibilities:

Merigold Inn
417-881-2833

Dogwood Park Inn
417-865-6681

Both look nice and are close to Sunshine St and Dr. C's.

------------------
oops!
Lymetutu

Posts: 96227 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loribelle
Member # 6293

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Loribelle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
we stayed at the lamplighter there a few years ago. was cheap, comfortable and clean and they were real nice.
Posts: 1149 | From southeast iowa | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pab
Member # 904

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pab     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was there some issue with the Lamplighter at one point?

If I remember correctly, the paperwork we received from Dr. C for the kids 1st appointment had the Lamplighter crossed off the list of hotels/motels.

I've seen the Lamplighter when we were in Springfield and have always wondered about it.

After reading the above posts, maybe we should check it out.

------------------

Posts: 2775 | From MN | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rosesisland2000
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2001

Icon 3 posted      Profile for rosesisland2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, I travel, too, to see Dr. C...we usually stay in Branson...so many good deals there and only 40 minute drive to Dr. C's office from there.

I use, frequently, http://roomsaver.com/ they have excellant savings, even in Springfield.

We just got back from spending several days in Memphis over the T'giving holidays and I had my coupons in hand, but, my daughter was with us and she got us a room at the downtown Marriott a three-star hotel for just $80.00 per night with her military discount...her husband is in Iraq.

My AARP membership and the discount coupons were more than her deep discounts, but, if she weren't with us, I would've definitely used one of the www.roomsaver.com coupons...always do some shopping around...most sites have the m/hotels mapped out so you can see where the site is in comparison to Dr. C's office.

Enjoy the trip and hope all goes well for you.

Rosemary

Posts: 6191 | From Arkansas | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rosesisland2000
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2001

Icon 10 posted      Profile for rosesisland2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you really want to make a good trip of your visit to MO, then, I highly suggest that you stay in Branson...and, Lymetoo might just be available for you to take to lunch.

There are so many motels, hotels, condos, in Branson, it's not funny. You can't spit without hitting one.

The coupons are good there...I've stayed at the Howard Johnson, once, for under $45. before. We've stayed in about 4 or 5 different ones there with no complaints and no fleas, either. Last time we stayed at the Sleep Inn or something to that effect and I think that the price was like $39.00.

They even have theme rooms pertaining to Camelot and Knight's in front of the motel. The rooms were small there, but, we over looked it for it had and in-door pool and a hot-tub, actually, they had two of each.

I hope that helps...oh and do the hot-air balloon...my daughter and granddaughter went up it on the very first day they took passengers up...have some fun...stay in Branson!!! Right "tutu?"

Have a safe trip...we're going sometime in January.

Rosemary

Posts: 6191 | From Arkansas | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by rosesisland2000:
...have some fun...stay in Branson!!! Right "tutu?"

YEP! I would have mentioned it, but this time of year [Oct thru mid-Dec] the motels are pretty full. The traffic is NOT bad at all, since most folks arrive in buses this time of year.

However, if BB is coming after Dec 12, then the motels will be quite empty and therefore VERY cheap. The balloon ride will likely be closed after Dec. 12 also.

BUT, the beautiful Christmas lights will still be here as well as Silver Dollar City, the #1 theme park in the US. It is very beautiful at Christmas. A sight to behold!

I'm not sure how long I will be here before Christmas. We will leave sometime after Dec 15th....I THINK. We will be going down to Texas for several weeks.

BB....let me know when your appointment is, and if I can suggest local motels for you!

hi Rosemary! been worried about you!!

------------------
oops!
Lymetutu

Biting Back
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6018

You guys are awesome! Thank you very, very much for all of the information!

By the way, the hubster applied for a transfer to Springfield. Does anyone know if it's it as nice as it seems?

Email

Lymetoo
Member # 743

It's an awesome place to live! I live in Branson and just love it! I really think living in Springfield would be wonderful though I prefer smaller towns.

Yippeee, we could become good friends!

What kind of work does your husband do?? [you can email me if you prefer!]

------------------
oops!
Lymetutu

snowboarder
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6346

Icon 1 posted      Profile for snowboarder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think you'd like Springfield. I live in a suburb of a major city and don't like big cities (to much pollution, traffic, etc). especially since I grew up in a town of 50,000.

When I went to Springfield I found it to be so layed back it was wonderful. Not sure if you have children but it would be a great place to raise them. I checked a home magazine for housing prices...very cheap to live there.

Posts: 738 | From Colorado | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by snowboarder:
especially since I grew up in a town of 50,000.
-----------------------
I checked a home magazine for housing prices...very cheap to live there.

Surprisingly, Springfield has a population of over 100,000 but it doesn't seem that big at all. It has a small town atmosphere.

Very cheap to live there....EXCEPT that salaries are VERY low on average.

------------------
oops!
Lymetutu

snowboarder
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6346

Icon 1 posted      Profile for snowboarder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think you'd like Springfield. I live in a suburb of a major city and don't like big cities (to much pollution, traffic, etc). especially since I grew up in a town of 50,000.

When I went to Springfield I found it to be so layed back it was wonderful. Not sure if you have children but it would be a great place to raise them. I checked a home magazine for housing prices...very cheap to live there.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement