LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » checking in, i guess

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: checking in, i guess
TrueCornsilk
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3036

Icon 14 posted      Profile for TrueCornsilk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi everyone. i'm just giving like...my perennial check in with yinz (pittsburghese for yous.) I dunno, I wish for the best for all of you, I don't know how far that will take you but whatever. I came back from school for crit-miss and like, a lot of people i know are sick now, with all different things, like my family and all. it seems like everyone's sick but me. It's wierd, like maybe they were sick before and I was just oblivious, hrr...but I'm keeping my spirits up. They were good to me, now it's my turn. Well, yeah, I guess it's about time I told you all my name or something like that. It's Dan...I don't remember if I said that before, but yeah. Dan. I have more pictures if you wanna see them. THey are:
www.pbase.com/gypsycucumber/

These are different from the old one I gave you over the summer. That one was a bit putzy.

I did this random google for lyme survivor or something and I saw this story about a girl in upstate NY who has apparently gotten through it pretty nicely.
http://www.recordonline.com/archive/2003/06/30/bshurdfo.htm

Yeah, it mentioned hearing about a "new jersey boy's recovery" or something and I thought, "Gee willikers. I'm a new jersey boy." and whatever. long story short, i felt like making a post here.

I dunno...what can I say...symptom free...it's wierd saying that, you know? Symptom-free. It's like, you always hear about that sort of thing inspiring people, but whenever people rub it in my face how healthy they are I want to smack them. I guess a lot is in the delivery. Yeah. So I dunno, if you're the type who feels good hearing about people who have recovered nicely, check out some of my old posts...oh wait, I just did a search and some of them are gone by now. That's ok. Ahrrr. If you are the type who likes to read about people who've gotten better, read on. If you're the type who would tear limb from limb any such arrogant loser, that's fine. But the rest of this is gonna be a brief rundown of my old memories.

Um...I dunno, to make a long story short, it was 2 years I missed from high school, I was between 15 and 16 when I was the sickest. Bounced around all the ducks and whatnot until about december of 1998. My biggest problems were neurological, I couldn't read, speak, walk, for a little while I couldn't feed myself, thankfully it went away with some time. Not speaking was really rough, and it varied in intensity, like sometimes I could do parts of words, sometimes it was choppy sentences and sometimes just certain phonemes. It was all neurological, I'm pretty sure, I learned a bit about speech pathology recently and i was like "oo oo do i have that?" to like every other disorder. it was kinda fun, but eh. i'm not the type to pursue it. hrmmm...back in 2000, the docs gave me a few good drugs, and i was able to sort of stagger back into the classroom for another go at sophomore year. i wasn't that much older, but it felt that way at the time. i finished high school, with lots of struggling. i've faced all the memories of when i was out of school, every last one, reconstructed them to suit my well-being and sucked them bone-dry, but i still can't drive by the school itself without feeling a chill. for now, that's what pittsburgh is for. keeping that chill packed neatly away, 700 miles to the east. rusted shut. i don't worry about it anymore.

the memories are there, in the school, they always will be. right now, they leave me alone as long as i don't drive by it. maybe that will change in the future, and I know that if that change is to happen, I have to make it happen. but the need is not pressing. i like pitt.

[This message has been edited by TrueCornsilk (edited 26 December 2004).]

Posts: 134 | From western PA | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melanie Reber
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 3707

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Melanie Reber   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello there Cornsilk,

And Happy holidays to you!

Nice to have you checking in every now and then...and it is wonderful that you are still feeling symptom free- YIPPEE!

It IS interesting to know the empathy of the suffering by having gone through some of your own. There is a life-lesson to be gained here that is invaluable.

Hoping that school is going well for you?

My best,
melanie

------------------
C O L O R A D O * S U P P O R T * S Y S T E M
[email protected]

Posts: 7052 | From Colorado | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tabbytamer
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 3159

Icon 6 posted      Profile for tabbytamer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Dan,

It is soooo nice to see you are doing well! You went through such a rough time of things there for a while.

Glad you checked in

Great pics, by the way.

------------------
Tabby

Posts: 2098 | From San Diego, CA, USA | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zipzip
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6226

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zipzip     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
congrats! enjoy every minute of college, best years of your life (but make sure to do some work too!)

thanks for checking in and dropping a line, your empathy and spirit goes beyond your words and actions....

zip

Posts: 795 | From nyc | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TrueCornsilk
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3036

Icon 10 posted      Profile for TrueCornsilk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey all. Good times. Rock rock on.
Posts: 134 | From western PA | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fish
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fish     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Dan,

Yinz goin dawntawn to git some eggs n at?? Haw bot some O fries? nah,,,,Primanti's!!!

My husband and I are early '90's Pitt graduates . It was shortly after graduating that we both got lyme. So, my memories of Pitt were when I was last healthy, over a decade ago.

We are both symptom-free, too, and so glad to see your post. Glad you're feeling great. Being a teenager with lyme has got to be the roughest! Enjoy Pitt. Gotta go, the bowl game is on and we're losing. Gotta scrape hubby off the floor, he takes this thing hard...

Thanks for the pics (memories ) good to hear from ya!

Leslie

ps. my husband and I first laid eyes on each other down in the Cathedral computer lab...he was working as tech and I was the confused grad student!! It was love at first sight as he was setting up my account...ahhhh hahaha

Posts: 340 | From Harrisburg, PA | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymied
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6704

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymied     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Cornsilk - Thanks for taking the time to post. I know that for many that get better they get on with their lives and don't want to look back at all or talk about lyme...thanks for going back there if just for a moment to help those of us in the throws of treatment to have Hope...It means a lot! Happy New Year and Enjoy every moment of college - You have more than earned it!

------------------
-Gretchen W.
"If I can stop one/Heart from breaking/I shall not live in vain/If I can ease one Life the Aching/Or cool one Pain/Or help one fainting Robin/Unto his Nest again/I Shall not live in Vain." Emily Dickinson

Posts: 655 | From NC, Exit 88 on the Deer SuperHighway | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement