LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Lyme Pals - new program!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lyme Pals - new program!
arg82
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 161

Icon 10 posted      Profile for arg82   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Everyone,

I've started a Yahoo group in hopes of keeping a similar program to Secret Lymies going (I was running Secret Lymies but can't do it anymore - this is a more self-run program). This group is called Lyme Pals and is set up slightly differently from Secret Lymies. Instead of being assigned someone to send things to, you can choose to "adopt" someone who wants to receive things. If you're interested in participating, join the group (click the link) and decide if you'd like to only recieve things, only give things, or do both!

Basically it works like this:
1) If you decide to adopt someone, you can go to the participant database and choose someone to "adopt". When you "adopt" someone you e-mail me to let me know who you're adopting and then I'll add your information to the "adopters" database. Then, send them an e-card, paper card, or small gift at least once a month.

2) If you decide to participate by receiving from someone, you can go to the "participant" database and add your information. Then sit back and relax. Once someone has adopted you, you can look forward to receiving something at least once a month.

3) If you decide to do BOTH, just follow both of the above directions.

Please do not join into this half-heartedly. If you choose to adopt someone you need to commit to sending at least one thing a month.

This program will be a way for Lymies to get to know each other a bit and know that there is someone out there that cares. It's amazing how great a card can be and how much a little gift can lift your spirits when you're down.

Children, teens, and adults are all encouraged to join. If it goes well, I may make a separate group for kids and teens but we'll see how this goes.

If you'd rather not participate at this time, that's fine. Just keep it in mind for the future.

Peace and healing,
Annie

------------------
``The best way out is always through.'' -Robert Frost

Click here to join Lyme Pals.

Click here to see my Lyme journal.

Lyme Out Retreat Information Webpage

[This message has been edited by arg82 (edited 10 January 2005).]

Posts: 2184 | From Rochester, MA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paisley
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6502

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Paisley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a nice and creative thing to do. It's awesome. Tx.
Regards
Paisley

Posts: 298 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
griswoldgirl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5365

Icon 1 posted      Profile for griswoldgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for setting this up. I signed up and feel funny to "ask" to receive. It is an exercise in humility for me.

thanks again

Cathy

Posts: 192 | From Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
arg82
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 161

Icon 1 posted      Profile for arg82   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
UP!

------------------
``The best way out is always through.'' -Robert Frost

Click here to join Lyme Pals.

Click here to see my Lyme journal.

Lyme Out Retreat Information Webpage

Posts: 2184 | From Rochester, MA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement