LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Cbb...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cbb...
Melanie Reber
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 3707

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Melanie Reber   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thinking of you with love and concern this morning...

Please remember to take extra special care with yourself during this physically exhausting and emotionally draining time, OK?

With tender thoughts and prayers,
Melanie

------------------
C O L O R A D O * S U P P O R T * S Y S T E M
[email protected]

Posts: 7052 | From Colorado | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymemomtooo
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5396

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymemomtooo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
cbb, hope you are doing ok, considering the circumstances..
Posts: 2360 | From SE PA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymesux
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymesux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Adding our thoughts and prayers CBB.
Love,
B, A and K

Posts: 799 | From home | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope you're doing OK, cbb! We love you!

------------------
oops!
Lymetutu

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beach4so
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3832

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beach4so     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
cbb,

I have been off lymenet for a while.

I am so sorry for your lost.

Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Hugs
Starr

Posts: 698 | From Louisiana | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cbb
Member # 788

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cbb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Melanie, lymemomtoo, B,A,& K, Angela, lymetutu, Starr, & everyone who has shown they care -

I'm doing a lot better than I thought I would - but ONLY because of the love, concern & support I've received from so many wonderful people like you.
I've been absolutely stunned to see there were 75 responses to my request for prayers last week.

All of you in my LymeNet Family will never know how much you helped me get through such a sad, sad time. It's amazing what a strong bond we all have and most of us have never met. I love y'all more than you'll ever know!!

I was telling a close friend today that I'm just overwhelmed by the outpouring of love. She said "When you show love to others, it comes back to you."
I told her - "In my case, it has been returned a hundred-fold. I am so blessed."

So many people have visited & called, sent beautiful flowers, brought delicious food, large crowd at the funeral....I could go on & on.
If it had to be, there is nothing I could ask for that could be more helpful in getting us thru this. I've received more blessings than I can count.

After almost 44 years of marriage, of course, my heart is heavy & I still can't believe he's gone. About 5:00 when he always came home from work, it hits pretty hard. My children & grandchildren have spent a lot of time in the evenings with me.

My 10 yr old grandson has surprised us, & sometimes amused us, with some of his comments.

After a week of enjoying delicious food brought in by friends, he asked his mom -
"Are you going to lose your ability to cook?"

He said he was worried about me.
DeeDee (my husband) had always worked, but now MumMum would have to get a job so she could pay her taxes.

The most touching comment -
It was cloudy for the graveside service, but when our Pastor was giving the Benediction, rays of sunshine broke through the clouds & shined on the end of the casket.
When they got in the family car to leave, Sam said "Mom, the rays of sunshine were a sign from DeeDee. He wanted us to know he got there OK."

I give thanks for my wonderful family of 4 children & their spouses, 8 grandchildren, and friends near & far.
Words could never convey how much I appreciate & treasure your love & support.

Thank you to each and every one!!!

Posts: 4638 | From South Carolina | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lookin4answers
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4974

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lookin4answers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I too have been gone a while. Just now seeing this.

I am sooo sorry to hear of your husband!
I will pray for you and your family.

It does sound as though you have a lot of love surrounding you at this time.

You also sound like you are a very strong individual, take care of yourself.

Know that there are MANY that think of you often.

In Christian Love,
Amanda

Posts: 688 | From SW Arkansas | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for letting us know how things are going.

Now, where did I put those kleenex?

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
kam....could you pass me a Kleenex, please?

cbb....your friend was right about the love coming back to you. You've given us alot of love, and now it's your turn to receive it.

Take care. We love you!
oh...and that grandson is a pretty special guy!

------------------
oops!
Lymetutu

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cootiegirl
Member # 3216

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cootiegirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
cbb,
Thank you for checking in. You have been in my thoughts and prayers over the last week.

You and your husband did well in raising your family because they are there with you and helping you thru this difficult time. What a beautiful legacy that your husband has left. That grandson of yours is special - his comments about your husband arriving safely in heaven brought tears to my eyes.....

Take care of yourself.....
cootiegirl

Posts: 1728 | From New York State | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
troutscout
Member # 3121

Icon 6 posted      Profile for troutscout     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are such a wwondeful person...you had a wondeful man.

Thge love and compassion that you shared with him, I can feel from your writing.

It must be all of the lovely days of comfort had with him tht=at are guding you now.

That casket / sunray thing...wow.

God Blesses us with little miracles ALL the time.

We Love You;

Trout

Posts: 5262 | From North East Iowa | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bg
Member # 46416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CBB, thanks so much for the update on how you are doing and all the love pouring into helping you/family get thru your tremendous loss.

I loved the comments from your friend and your delightful grandson! God bless you as you go thru your sorrow and pain.

Betty G., Iowa

Posts: 1 | From US | Registered: Aug 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Linda LD
Member # 6663

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Linda LD     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
cbb,

O.K.--I'm still crying--what a special grandson you have!

God bless and hold you during this time. May you feel God's love and the love of your family through all the heartache.

God bless,
Linda

Posts: 1171 | From Knoxville, TN US | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Melanie,

I received email from JD this am. He is down a well without a ladder. Needs ladder. I don't have his phone number do you?

KAM

Cbb,

How are you doing? Thinking of you too. Big Hug.

KAM

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melanie Reber
Member # 3707

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Melanie Reber   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good Morning Miss Katherine,

I MAY have it in an old e-mail...

I will look, and send it to you if so.

Hi CBB

Keeping you and your precious family in my thoughts and prayers as well!

Posts: 7052 | From Colorado | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cbb
Member # 788

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cbb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A big thank you to each of you for checking on me. You'll never know how much y'all have helped me through such a sad time.

The last eight years, I've lost my Mother, Father, brother, & now my husband. Never would have thought they'd go so close together.

About the rays of sunshine at the funeral -
My daughter told me a few days ago that where she & Sam were sitting, they could see the rays of light moving across the grass to the casket. A very special memory!

I'm doing pretty good. Starting to get back into somewhat of a routine, but now I have lots of new things that need to be done. Especially like business stuff with the estate & also notes to write.

Of course, there's a lot I want to do with the Lyme Disease Network of SC, too.

Before all this happened, I almost had the info finished for the request to Governor Sanford to proclaim May - Lyme Disease Awareness Month. Hope to get that mailed in the next few days.

Only 3 weeks till the Palmetto Sportsmen's Classic ( www.psclassic.com ) at the State Fairgrounds. Our Lyme Network has had a booth the last 6 or 7 years.
Three days to tell people about Lyme disease!
We give brochures to about 250 to 300 people & talk with anyone who will listen.

Also, doing what I can on LymeNet is always a high priority. I've gained so much from people on this website....I'll never be able to repay what I've been given.

Thanks again to each & every one of you wonderful people!!

Posts: 4638 | From South Carolina | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymesux
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymesux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cbb,
Cannot tell you how good it is to hear from you and see this lovely post. You give in droves to lymenet so it is not at all surprising what you get back, I am just sorry it took such a sad event to happen for all of us to really show you how much we care.

I know you will do well with any event you plan, I am so proud of you. Keep up the good work and keep taking good care of yourself.

Thinking of you,
As always,
B, A and K

Posts: 799 | From home | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

It was good to get an update. Give yourself a hug for me.
bg2711
Member # 1865

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bg2711     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Carol,

I am so sorry for your loss. You are such a special lady. I am so glad you have support at home and on-line. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. Barb/Green Santa

Posts: 1131 | From Ohio | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hopeful123
Member # 3244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopeful123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
cbb,
You deserve all of the support you are receiving.

Take very good care.

hugs

hopeful123

Posts: 1160 | From NY | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindy_leigh
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3514

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cindy_leigh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thinking about you, Carol, and keeping you and family in my prayers.
Cindy

Posts: 688 | From CT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymemomtooo
Member # 5396

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymemomtooo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
cbb, you are still in my prayers..I am happy that you are pulling thru..Perhaps helping with the lyme disease projects will add to your healing..Best wishes..lymemomtooo
Posts: 2360 | From SE PA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cbb
Member # 788

The support y'all have given me has been phenomenal.

What would I do without you!!
Thank you - from the bottom of my heart!!

JillF
Member # 5553

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JillF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Cbb

Glad to see how well you are doing

We are still thinking of you. We know that life is going to be a little different for you now and it may take some time to get used to it

But, if anyone can do it, it's you!

Posts: 1485 | From USA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nan
Member # 63

Icon 14 posted      Profile for nan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have been thinking about you, cbb. So glad to see you once again.

Wishing lots of love and support from all your friends and family to get you through a tough time.

You do have many friends here...because you are a friend who is always supportive of others! You are very much appreciated.

nan

Posts: 2135 | From Tick Country | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Cbb....

Thinking of you.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by nan:

You do have many friends here...because you are a friend who is always supportive of others! You are very much appreciated.

Couldn't have said it any better myself! Love ya, cbb!

------------------
oops!
Lymetutu

cbb
Member # 788

Thanks for all the kind words & encouragement.
I am truly blessed to have so many great friends to help me through.

lymebrat
Member # 3208

Icon 7 posted      Profile for lymebrat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Carol,

Just wanted you to know we continue to keep you in our thoughts and prayers!!!

Hugs,
(((((Missy, Derek and Mikayla))))

Posts: 3154 | From NH , USA | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement