LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Ahhh, a_weisman's losing his touch! haha! ;)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ahhh, a_weisman's losing his touch! haha! ;)
twoangie
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 1636

Icon 12 posted      Profile for twoangie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry, I couldn't resist posting this. After all his bitter venom spewed at us as well as spewed at his fellow board members over on sci-med...a_weisman is going SOFT!

Now, normally it wouldn't be worth 2 cents to comment on him but...after his sad work of copying and pasting OUR discussions onto his board in that cowardly, behind out back manner way of his, I thought it was worth the fun of sharing with you all that his soft tubby yellow underbelly is showing.

See, it amazes me that when I had a misunderstanding with another member, it got posted and slammed around by him. However, I was big enough to comeback and apologize after I had done my research and realized that there was a misunderstanding. He really got a kick out of that, made his own comments and never bothered to continue what he had started and actually post what I had written in my apology. No, he just left it hanging, distorted and out of context. That was cheap.

Now, to be fair, I think the guy has a lot of knowledge. The problem is he derides the Lyme community for being so horrible and misguided but spreads so much venom himself that I think it's fair to say that his own actions have been far worse than any of ours. It would be interesting to see what he could do to help change things toward a more positive future for all of us if he would just lose the venom. It would be nice to see the sci-med board turn around and be a welcoming site for new Lyme patients who were lurking and seeking to learn but were too afraid to post for fear of being attacked. It's not just this board that distrusts newcomers.

a_weisman doesn't have to become part of a "hugey hugey" online support group to do that, he just needs to stop being so nasty. He claims to have all the answers but his actions (posts) speak volumes toward the other direction. If he truly had the answers that he so believes he does, then he would not be sitting on the internet battling, name calling and working himself into a lather fussing around and cutting and pasting messages. What a huge waste of time and energy. No, he'd be out doing things to make a difference.

Frankly, I believe he knows things are wrong but I don't think he knows what to do to make things right anymore than the rest of us. As the saying goes, he should put up or shut up. Fix the problem if he knows how - or stop attacking people if he doesn't. I'm not opposed to civil discussions with people I disagee with, I'm opposed to childish attacks esp behind someone's back with a lack of accountability.

Oh, and before he even bothers to post that I wrote this behind his back...that claim is invalid because he has proven he watches this board.

Angie

PS - Would that this were true...I'm going to have to see it to believe it but I won't say it will never happen and I will keep an open mind that, with some struggle, a_weisman may eventually achieve the goal he has written here:
http://www.talkaboutscience.com/group/sci.med.diseases.lyme/messages/143010.html

A Proposal To GreatCod
by "a_weisman@[EMAIL PROTECTED] " Feb 17, 2005 at 10:10 AM

Listen, I have a proposal.

And this is a sincere proposal.

Instead of you insisting that I think this or that, and arguing about
things never said, setting up and knocking down strawmen arguments, why
don't we proceed step by step and lay out what our positions and views
are. And back them up where possible.

Then we can narrow down what we disagree about and we can agree about
what we actually agree about.

THis makes sense.

Let's start a new thread.

And we can start with testing, or diagnosis, or treatment issues.

You'll see that I actually AGREE with many of the views of Lyme
patients, though you'll also see that I disagree with the strategies
employed by "activists" as to how to approach the problems.

But I can explain why.

And maybe we'll have a better understanding of each other.

Cause it is REALLY REALLY silly for you and others to insist that I am
McSweegan or that I defend Imugen or Steere or whoever or whatever when
I don't.

ANy more than it would be fair or make sense for me to insist that you
say things that you don't, that you are someone you're not.

Then we can do more discussing than name calling. And we can agree to
disagree about things without making it silly or personal. We can
narrow areas of disagreement and perhaps understand each other better.

Because, honestly, I think the way Lyme patients are treated by the
medical establishment SUCKS. And I don't like big pharma or the FDA any
more than you do. And I didn't like Lymerix; don't like Steere or sigal
or Klempner or Yale.

I also think we need to establish credibility. And hold our doctors to
the same standards as others including Steere. And we have to protect
ourselves against snake oil salespeople who are doing as much damage as
Steere.

So I think this is a reasonable and modest proposal and one that we
should both (or all) undertake sincerely.

It might make life around here more pleasant.

So what do you say?

Posts: 1993 | From Charlotte, NC, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GEDEN13
Member # 4151

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GEDEN13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
repent!!!

------------------

got no value's ,standard's.no respect for other's well being. i am not p.c.,but i am polite.

[This message has been edited by GEDEN13 (edited 18 February 2005).]

Posts: 1108 | From PA. | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lou
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 81

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why do you bother? Some people are incapable of change.

I wrote off sci.med a long time ago. The trolls had more venom than I had patience. Makes you wonder what they did before the internet....kick dogs, or worse?

Posts: 8430 | From Not available | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brainless
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6771

Icon 1 posted      Profile for brainless     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Weisman has found a way to make money from the Lyme misinformation.

b

Posts: 210 | From lalaland | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JillF
Member # 5553

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JillF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hated highschool because of people like him.

It's just not worth even trying to understand or get along with someone like him.

Highschool is over, at least for me....

Posts: 1485 | From USA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cootiegirl
Member # 3216

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cootiegirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

I thought Martjin left here in a huff cuz no one liked how he was playing in the sandbox. Wasn't he deemd a double agent?? Maybe there's more repenting going on than we realize .....

I certainly can't blame Angie for peeking because we all have that element of attraction to the mauldlin - heck who amongst us hasn't slowed down to check out a car crash. I think the thing I find most fascinating about all of this with a-weisman and other troll like beings, is just how incredibly bizarre people can be when they hide behind a computer. It is a fascinating lesson in human behavior. These are some truly lonely, disturbed,mentally ill, well you can fill in the rest....kind of people out there. I can't imagine what it must be like to have a life where my life's ambition would be to wake up every morning and wreck havoc on help boards....it's just too weird.

I think we are quite fortunate here with the quality of people that frequent this board. As a whole, this board provides excellent information and support, and I for one am grateful for having found this board a few years ago. Granted we do get a few nuts every now and then, but hey I like nuts in my candy bars once and awhile - they make life interesting.
cootiegirl

Posts: 1728 | From New York State | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JillF
Member # 5553

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JillF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He obviously just feels like starting something.

Just ignore him and hopefully he will get bored.

You have to treat those who act like little boys like little boys sometimes.

Posts: 1485 | From USA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MADDOG
Member # 18

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MADDOG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,It is plain and simply the fight,the cat spitting ,hising,slashing.

It is a release of the lyme pain to fight. To spar is fun,to strike a pleasure.

But not all can sustain this sort of thing. Feelings get hurt,people in pain sufer.

He is like the loose tooth,to push it arround with the toung hurts but brings pleasure allso.

The world is validated by his just being there. MADDOG

Posts: 3996 | From Ohio | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You said that A. Weisman posted that statement over at the other board.

I went to the original post and read the responses to it from the others that post there.

Well, I must say, things are starting to look up. Maybe they're not just a bunch of guys standing around having a pissing contest.

I hope it works out for them.
Carol

[This message has been edited by Carol in PA (edited 19 February 2005).]

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement