LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » I just want to cry

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I just want to cry
threefries
Member # 6959

Icon 9 posted      Profile for threefries     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my whole body hurts right now. My muscles are tired and achey - no, painful.

I feel like I want to curl up in a ball and cry.

Not only am I in pain, but my parents don't even believe me.

My dad is convinced that this is all in my head. He even said that the doc is likely to think I'm a hypochondriac.

I don't know what to do.

Posts: 50 | From Sugar Hill, Ga, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know your parents love you, but what they are doing is really harmful. This is no time for doubting.

Hang in there. I hope you get some answers tomorrow.

Remember, no one can see pain or fatigue. It's hard for others to believe us sometimes, but you have to get a diagnosis so you can begin to get well.

------------------
oops!
Lymetutu

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NP40
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6711

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NP40     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Threefries,

Can you get your Mom or Dad to read this board ?

Check my profile, and you'll see my e-mail.
Have them e-mail me, as I'm a parent with a child who has lyme.

My 14 year old son has lyme and we went months without getting him diagnosed. We heard all the "it's in his head" garbage as well.

Never gave up, as I knew he was truly hurting.
His symptoms were similar to your's, but it is difficult to diagnose.

If your Dad is so sure it's in your head, then he can definitely e-mail me, and I'll be glad to tell him our experience and ultimately treatment for our son.

What does he have to lose ?

Posts: 1632 | From Northern Wisconsin | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
die_lyme_die
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for die_lyme_die     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I KNOW KNOW KNOW what you mean. This is a battle you have to fight on your own. Make sure you get good docs.

Posts: 151 | From Tennessee, USA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NP40
Member # 6711

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NP40     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another suggestion Threefries, if all else fails.

Contact Igenex labs and order their lyme test kit. Their number is 800-832-3200.

Call the local hospital, and schedule a blood draw at their lab. Have their lab person do the blood draw and put it into the Igenex vials, and then Fed Ex the whole thing to Igenex.

Shouldn't have a total cost of more than a couple of hundred bucks.

With a positive lyme result from Igenex it would be pretty hard to argue that your a hypochondriac !

You could definitely find a Lyme literate doc to treat you, and it would convince your parents as well. Good Luck !

Posts: 1632 | From Northern Wisconsin | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IMHisda
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6998

Icon 6 posted      Profile for IMHisda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Threefries:

Remember it doesn't matter what they think. If you have it, you have it. I know what you're going through. My work is still harrasing the heck out of me. You kind of wish it on them but then think, no way it's just too unkind to even think it. Why people believe someone would make this illness up is beyond me. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. Find some folks to support you and will stand with you to see you well again. We all care about you and a good LLMD will stand with you through it.

God bless you

Posts: 249 | From Healing in USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IMHisda
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6998

Icon 6 posted      Profile for IMHisda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Threefries

If you can get your doc to prescribe some pain medicene and a TENS unit, that seems to work the best for me. If it's joint pain maybe Flagyll will help.

Hope that helps,
IMHisda

Posts: 249 | From Healing in USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HEATHERKISS
Member # 6789

Icon 5 posted      Profile for HEATHERKISS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's a TENs unit?
Posts: 1974 | From ABERDEEN, NJ 07747 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paisley
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6502

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Paisley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
threefries,
I absolutely know what you are going through, and I feel for you. I am sending you blessings and prayers right now. I know your pain.

I have lived with this for 20 years. I was diagnosed back in '85, but told I was cured, so ever since then I've had my whole family thinking I have been a hypochondria. They believe that I want to be the sick one in the family....because that gets me some extra attention.

I don't want the exta attention because it's usually negative attention anyway. What I am learning to do now is to find new friends who I consider my new family. I'll always love my real family, but I just don't look to them for the support that I need to deal with this disease.

I look to my girlfriends to talk me through the really bad moments. I don't have a lot of friends who are able to do this, but I do have just enough to get me through the days. I always thought I would be able to count on my parents, but they just can't be there for me the way I need them...at least not right now.

I won't give up hope though. My mother now wears one of the green lyme bracelets, even though she told me she would not be a lyme advocate (that really hurt). For whatever reason (and I think it is ignorance...most people have no idea how complicated and painful and confusing lyme disease is) you will have people who can't deal with it.

Search out more compassionate people. This forum really makes me feel more sane, and I do consider it my virtual family. Hope you begin to feel better soon.
warm regards
paisley

Posts: 298 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IMHisda
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6998

Hi.

TENS unit stands forTranscutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation. I have neurolyme and it really helps to take painful spots away (muscle only) at least for awhile. If a doc prescribes it sometimes insurance will pay a portion to rent/buy it. Only four probes to put on trigger points but keeps the pain away for a little while.

Wellsoon
Member # 7062

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wellsoon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by threefries:
. . . my parents don't even believe me.

My dad is convinced that this is all in my head. He even said that the doc is likely to think I'm a hypochondriac.

I don't know what to do.

You're not the only one who goes through this. Unfortunately, many people lack empathy for those who are sick, but not with an "approved" illness. When I first got sick my doctor even told my parents that I was malingering in order to get out of school. What a quack - but certainly not one that was alone in this thinking.

Hang in there. It's tough, but there are others who know that you're going through a genuinely distressing illness.

Posts: 7 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement