LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Jeopardy--Wanna Play? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Jeopardy--Wanna Play?
daniella
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6753

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daniella     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ready? Sounds like FUN to me....

Ok here goes...

Rules...

No references to Lyme, etc in the game. We all need a short break once in a while... something to tax the brain a bit.. and something that will make us smile.

Once a question is asked.. the first one to get it right gets to ask the next question. The original question asker has to confirm the winner of each round.

I will try to come up with a good question

If someones question seems to difficult feel free to google
Have fun...

here goes....
--------------------------------------------
Which is the smallest island in the world?
--------------------------------------------

daniella

[This message has been edited by daniella (edited 04 April 2005).]

Posts: 968 | From private | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trillian
Member # 6857

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Trillian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is Bishop Rock?

(Do we have to answer in the form of a question, like on jeopardy?)

[This message has been edited by Trillian (edited 04 April 2005).]

Posts: 91 | From Atlanta, GA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daniella
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6753

Icon 10 posted      Profile for daniella     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep..Trillian you win...

Was it too easy?...I didn't think so

Anyway it's your turn..to ask a question Trillian..
I guess we could say what is a ? like on jeopardy,..sure that sounds good..
daniella

[This message has been edited by daniella (edited 04 April 2005).]

Posts: 968 | From private | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
charlie
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 25

Icon 12 posted      Profile for charlie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was going to say what is isle of langerhans but you guys must have giant pancreases....
Posts: 2804 | From Texas | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daniella
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6753

Icon 10 posted      Profile for daniella     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Charlie,

Where is that isle? I must be slow..
Since trillian isn't asking one I'll start agian...
---------------------------------------------
This person held no polictical office, and commanded no armies but succeded in driving the British out of India. Although a peaceful independence was not gained, independence itself was aquired before his assasination in January 1948.

---------------------------------------------

daniella

arg82
Member # 161

Icon 1 posted      Profile for arg82   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who is Ghandi?

--Annie

------------------

Lyme Out Retreat Website

Lyme Disease Awareness Products

Click here to join Lyme Pals.

Click here to see my Lyme journal.

Posts: 2184 | From Rochester, MA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trillian
Member # 6857

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Trillian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oops, sorry, forgot to check back.

Second question- Who is Mahatma Gandhi? (I think)
Let's see, I know lots of inherently useless and ridiculously fascinating information...

In the 1960's, this medicinal product had largely fallen out of popularity. Thanks largely to a clever ad scheme, which advocated using TWO tablets instead of one, they experienced a remarkable reversal and are still doing a booming business today.

Posts: 91 | From Atlanta, GA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trillian
Member # 6857

Funny, Charlie.
The Isle of Langerhans is a cluster of specialized cells in the part of the pancreas that produces hormones, and would, indeed, be much smaller than Bishop Rock.

laserred
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6796

Icon 1 posted      Profile for laserred     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Plop-plop, fizz-fizz, oh what a relief it is"

Was it "Alka-Seltzer"?

Posts: 493 | From MidWest NorthWoods | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trillian
Member # 6857

Correct! You're up, laserred, you get to ask the next question.
laserred
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6796

Icon 1 posted      Profile for laserred     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK here goes...

(1918-1992) He has gone beyond what any other owner or manager has ever done or will ever do and was honored for all his hard work in March of 1992 when he received the Medal of Freedom from President George Bush in which he said,

"We're all working together; that's the secret. And we'll lower the cost of living for everyone, not just in America, but we'll give the world an opportunity to see what it's like to save and have a better lifestyle, a better life for all. We're proud of what we've accomplished ; we've just begun."

Posts: 493 | From MidWest NorthWoods | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jooooo2
Member # 1621

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jooooo2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pope John Paul
Posts: 72 | From Charlotte, NC | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
laserred
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6796

quote:
Originally posted by Jooooo2:
Pope John Paul

'EERRRRKKKK'...wrong answer :P

Good answer...but wrong, sorry

Aligondo Bruce
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6219

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aligondo Bruce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
total guess...is it ray kroc?

quote:
Originally posted by laserred:
OK here goes...

(1918-1992) He has gone beyond what any other owner or manager has ever done or will ever do and was honored for all his hard work in March of 1992 when he received the Medal of Freedom from President George Bush in which he said,

"We're all working together; that's the secret. And we'll lower the cost of living for everyone, not just in America, but we'll give the world an opportunity to see what it's like to save and have a better lifestyle, a better life for all. We're proud of what we've accomplished ; we've just begun."

Posts: 523 | From Stillwater,OK,USA | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
laserred
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6796

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Aligondo Bruce:
[B]total guess...is it ray kroc?

Nope...wrong again....

charlie
Member # 25

Icon 5 posted      Profile for charlie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sam Walton??
Posts: 2804 | From Texas | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
laserred
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6796

Icon 14 posted      Profile for laserred     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by charlie:
Sam Walton??

BINGO...Charlie!!!

Yup, our good ol' founder of 'Wally-World'!

You're up to to pitch now....

[This message has been edited by laserred (edited 06 April 2005).]

daniella
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6753

Icon 12 posted      Profile for daniella     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What music buisiness features artists like Joss Stone and is located 150th st. and 5th ave nyc? Their slogan is "the deepest grooves are just around the bend".

daniella

[This message has been edited by daniella (edited 09 April 2005).]

laserred
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6796

Icon 5 posted      Profile for laserred     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is S-Curve Records?
daniella
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6753

Icon 12 posted      Profile for daniella     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
your right!...

lasserred it's your turn to ask one...

laserred
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6796

Regardless of value, (such as...$1, $2, $5, $10 etc.) how much does a US dollar bill weigh?
daniella
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6753

My guess would be 0. I would think a bill is to light to weigh anything...
daniella
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6753

Oh wait sorry....I'll rephrase it

What is zero?

laserred
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6796

nope, it has weight.

Here's a good hint: 454 bills will equal one pound.

Trillian
Member # 6857

What is one gram?

------------------
My living with lyme blog:
http://maypanic.tripod.com/blog/

laserred
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6796

Icon 14 posted      Profile for laserred     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yup, your turn to ask a question Trillian!
daniella
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6753

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daniella     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Waiting kinda poops out this game ya know?....hhhmmmmdduuudeeeedduuummmmmm

MAybe we should tweak the rules a little or something.....

Common Trillian...LOL

lol

Trillian
Member # 6857

Oops, sorry again.
Hey, who are you calling common? ;o) (Yes, I know you meant come on...)

When this state was originally annexed into the Union, there was a clause in the annexation document allowing the possibility of it's being split into up to as many as five different states.

------------------
My living with lyme blog: http://maypanic.tripod.com/blog/

[This message has been edited by Trillian (edited 12 April 2005).]

daniella
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6753

What are the Hawaiian Islands? ....

And I'm sure you are not common Trillian....

daniella

Trillian
Member # 6857

Sorry, wrong answer. Please try again.

Hint-Think bigger.

------------------

laserred
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6796

What is Texas?
Trillian
Member # 6857

Correct! You're up, red.

------------------

laserred
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6796

This CBS TV show, is separated from every other show because of the fact that it has no theme song/music.

Aligondo Bruce
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6219

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aligondo Bruce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
survivor?

quote:
Originally posted by laserred:
This CBS TV show, is separated from every other show because of the fact that it has no theme song/music.

Posts: 523 | From Stillwater,OK,USA | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
laserred
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6796

Nope, sorry, wrong answer.

Trillian
Member # 6857

I vaguely remember hearing this before, I think it was a news show. What is 60 minutes? Maybe?

I think I also heard that this was no longer true, but I think I'm not sure. ;o)

------------------

daniella
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6753

Is it 'House' ?
laserred
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6796

quote:
Originally posted by daniella:
Is it 'House' ?

Nope, it's not 'House'.

daniella
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6753

lasered,

Is it 48 Hours?.....

laserred
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6796

Hey D....Not "48 Hours", but close....
laserred
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6796

quote:
Originally posted by Trillian:
I vaguely remember hearing this before, I think it was a news show. What is 60 minutes? Maybe?

I think I also heard that this was no longer true, but I think I'm not sure. ;o)

Opps, Sorry I missed this, Trillian...YOUR RIGHT!!! It's '60 Minutes'

I was kinda wondering, too, if this was still the only one, but anyway, you got it!

Trillian
Member # 6857

This form of "humane execution" was actually invented as a way for a famous inventor to discredit his rival.

------------------

laserred
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6796

What is "Electrocution" or the "Electric Chair"?
Trillian
Member # 6857

ding ding ding ding!
Very good. Locked in a war with Westinghouse over which of them would control the future of electric power, Edison worked to discredit his rival's alternating current with claims that it was unsafe -- so unsafe that it could be used to kill people.

Your turn.

laserred
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6796

What person, not a "Seinfeld" regular cast member, is featured on every episode of "Seinfeld" either by name or pictures?

daniella
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6753

Is it Newman?
laserred
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6796

Nope, it's not "Newman", I believe he'd be considered a 'regular' cast member.
DR. Wiseass
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6777

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DR. Wiseass   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it Larry David?
Posts: 792 | From USA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
laserred
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6796

Nope, not Larry David....who is Larry David anyway????
DR. Wiseass
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6777

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DR. Wiseass   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, Larry David, I think, was one of the creators of the show (real friend of Seinfeld) AND is currently on 'Curb Your Enthusiasm'. (I think)

This info comes from my hubby, as I am too forgetful to have such trivia in my head.

This is a good question though.

Can you give a hint - like which character mentions this person - or the relationship with a regular character, etc. ???

Posts: 792 | From USA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daniella
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6753

Is it Aboo? ......You know the immigrant guy who Jerry Seinfeld knows.
laserred
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6796

Nope, not Aboo....

Hint: He's referenced to in EVERY episode in some respect,(I guess you'd say the relationship is basically with Jerry)... either by mention of his nameor a shot of a statue on Jerry's bookcase or picture (magnet)on Jerry's fridge, etc...

Good Luck

[This message has been edited by laserred (edited 25 April 2005).]

daniella
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6753

is it the Pope?....really wild guess...

laserred
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6796

quote:

is it the Pope?....really wild guess...

Not the Pope

Do ya all give up?

daniella
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6753

Is it JFK?
laserred
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6796

quote:
Is it JFK?

Nope, not him either

daniella
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6753

Icon 6 posted      Profile for daniella     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it Peterman?
Svengali Eyes
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6118

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Svengali Eyes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who is Uncle Leo
Posts: 120 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
laserred
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6796

Not Peterman...nor is it Uncle Leo
Imove2
Member # 7164

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Imove2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who is Superman?
Posts: 18 | From Brooklyn, Ct | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
laserred
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6796

quote:
Originally posted by Imove2:
Who is Superman?

YES...YES...YES.......WHEW!!!

Congratulations IMove2, the board is all yours!

Just an FYI....["Throughout the Seinfeld Saga, Jerry has displayed a fascination with Superman.

From a magnet of Superman on his refrigerator to his numerous casual references to Superman and Superman Lore, the show really was one of the great promotional agents for the Superman saga while it was on the air.

Some of the numerous references to Superman are:

a magnet of Superman is on Jerry's refrigerator

a Superman statue is setting on a shelf near Jerry's stereo

Jerry has referred to Elaine as Lois Lane

Jerry refers to a girlfriend's apartment as the Fortress of Solitude which is a place Superman stays in according to the comic books. In the comics the fortress is in a cold desolate area and requires a giant key to open and gain entry.

Jerry wonders aloud if the reason one of his girlfriend's always wears the same dress is because she has a bunch of them just like Superman has a bunch of identical costumes and capes.

When Jerry dates a woman that will not laugh at his jokes he comments that jokes bounch off of her like she is Superman.

Jerry refers to one of Elaine's poor boyfriends as "the got no green lantern" a reference to another DC comics character (other than Superman) Green Lantern

Jerry refers to people he meets that apppear to be opposites of George and Kramer as the bizarros. The bizaroos were a group of beings invented in a World's Finest Comic Book starting Superman and Batman. Bizaroos are opposites, they see bad as good and good as bad. Bizaroo Batman has a useless utility belt rather than a fully functional one like Batman for example.

Jerry refers to people's nemesis as Lex Luther a nemesis of Superman. "Who is your Lex Luther" is a phrase Jerry uses often. Elaine's Lex Luthur is Sue Ellen the woman that wears a bra as a top for example.

Jerry picks the phrase Jor-El as his bank pin number, this is the same name that Superman's father used on Krypton.

When one of Elaine's boyfriend "the mimbo" in in the hospital as a result of a rock climbing accident which disfigures him, George brings Superman comic books to cheer him up.

Jerry compares the lipreading powers of one of his girlfriend's to Superman's X-ray vision. George considers lipreading just a skill like juggling.

After George orders a supposed cure for baldness from China, Jerry comments that a world without baldness is like nation of Supermen.

Jerry wins a race against someone who thought he cheated on a race in High School to the music from Superman. Music from Superman was also used during one of the clip shows summarzing past episodes from Seinfeld.

Jerry has referred to people's weaknesses as Kryptonite an agent which also weakens Superman."]

daniella
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6753

Icon 6 posted      Profile for daniella     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Huh, never noticed that....THat one was hard Lasered....
Who's turn is it?

Imove2
Member # 7164

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Imove2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Death Quote from an Italian Artist.
"While I Thought I was learning how to live, I have been learning how to die." Who is the Italian Artist?

Good Luck

Posts: 18 | From Brooklyn, Ct | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
laserred
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6796

Who is Leonardo Di Vinci? (sp?)
Imove2
Member # 7164

YES you are correct. Your next.

laserred
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6796

This is the only planet that rotates clockwise.
Imove2
Member # 7164

What is Venis. Venis is the only planet in the solar system that rotates clockwise.
laserred
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6796

Correct IMove2..... your turn
Aligondo Bruce
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6219

doesn't the answer to this question depend on your perspective? couldn't venus be the only planet that rotates counter-clockwise?

quote:
Originally posted by Imove2:
What is Venis. Venis is the only planet in the solar system that rotates clockwise.

Imove2
Member # 7164

What politician, noted for his wit, when told that his trouser fly was open said, "Dead birds don't fall out of their nests..." ?
laserred
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6796

Who is Winston Churchill?
Imove2
Member # 7164

Yes Yes Yes you are once again correct. I love that quote. I laugh every time I think of it. Your next.
laserred
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6796

Opps Made it way too easy....huh!

[This message has been edited by laserred (edited 30 April 2005).]

laserred
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6796

Opps, almost gave the answer away again!!!! DUH!

This is becoming a very difficult task... Only had to edit 4 times now....Ha!

laserred
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6796

She was born in Texas in 1912, in 1934 this 'LADY' was married to our 1963-1969 term US President.

She had a very well known nickname, but what was her real (first and maiden) name?

(Now I just hope I remember the answer It's one of 'those Lyme brain days', I guess...I won't be venturing to far today...Ha!)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement