LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Sun gazing to cure illness

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sun gazing to cure illness
christelleny
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6719

Icon 1 posted      Profile for christelleny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've read countless articles claiming that sun gazing, alos known as solar yoga or human photosynthesis can cure almost any illness.

Has anybody tried it?

Posts: 159 | From CT, USA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HEATHERKISS
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6789

Icon 5 posted      Profile for HEATHERKISS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey christelle,

No.

Don't you think you might go blind?

Heather

Posts: 1974 | From ABERDEEN, NJ 07747 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ann-OH
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2020

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ann-OH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is info on sungazing also known as "solar yoga." Please note the disclaimer and warnings about eye damage.
http://www.rawpaleodiet.org/sungazing/index.html

Ann-OH

Posts: 5705 | From Ohio | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
janet thomas
Member # 7122

Icon 1 posted      Profile for janet thomas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IMO, just as your skin needs natural unfiltered sunlight to produce Vitamin D and who knows what else,......your eyes probably need natural unfiltered sunlight(take off your glasses) to perform unknown functions. But don't stare at the sun, just be outside in the sun for 30 minutes or so each day, if possible.

Janet

Posts: 2001 | From NJ | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
break the chains
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5668

Icon 1 posted      Profile for break the chains   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i am a sungazer. i have not practiced for long but i have already seen great results. the first thing that happens with sungazing is mental health. so far i have noticed negative emotions disapearing, but reappearing when i miss getting the light a lot. i am only at 2/44 minutes. physical benefits come after the mental.
when you sungaze you look at the sun as is sets. at this time the most of the uv and infared are filtered by the atmosphere. there are times when the sun is passing over the horizon where it is very mild and tame. an important part of sungazing is to be comfortible. you are not going to hurt your eyes if you are watching it set with no discomfort. some who have not had the solar exposure, or are sensitive will have to start by spending time in the sun with closed eyes and increase their time very gradually. there are methods to increase the safety and efficiency. i believe sungazing is probably a cure for lyme disease. it is also similar to many alternative treatments such as uv blood irridation/ozonation, color therapy, solarium, and others. the advanced ancient cultures practiced sungazing, many ancient cultures were sunworshipers. hira ratan manek is an indian man who has not eaten food in over 10 years. he has done around the clock monitored extended water fasts multiple times. he is very healthy, and travels constantly worldwide speaking about sungazing. hira's website is www.solarhealing.com

Posts: 245 | From connecticut, the lyme state | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
danq
Member # 2126

Icon 13 posted      Profile for danq   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry, gang, but I've got to come out of retirement for a moment to comment on these. Seems like every so often some kind of wishful-thinking nonsense wants to take the podium around here - which is okay, but then a vigorous response is also in order:

"an indian man who has not eaten food in over 10 years."

What a crock!
unless, of course, you meant "no solid food".
Otherwise, that's just not possible.
I am a believer in spirituality, and I know that we are capable of far more than most would believe. But there are limits.

And about "sungazing": First, I find the disclaimer on that referenced website to be dismissive and minimizing of the risks and thus completely irresponsible.
And posting about such a topic here without a strong warning is equally irresponsible - because some desperate and not-all-there people may actually try looking directly at the sun a half hour before it sets.
Yeah, you could say it would be the victim's fault - unless they were a child with Lyme, or an adult with diminished cognitive functioning from some disease...
No doubt many people can self-dose and regulate the intensity properly. But some won't, and they need proper warning.

Now then -

I won't say more light in your eye can't cure Lyme, but it's highly unlikely to. There may be some physical benefit, but one would be entirely foolish to forego other Lyme treatment for it. (I'm not saying anyone here did suggest that!)

Yes, we do benefit from limited amounts of light entering our eyes. But aside from just spending time outdoors on a nice day, you'll get the same benefits - mental and physical - from practiced and regular meditation. Without the danger factor. Or, if you must, squint into the glare of a blue or hazy sky - away from the sun, unless you really think you have it figured out. Hey, I know - you could stare into that blue sunless sky, and meditate on how good it is to be able to see the color "sky blue"!

[This message has been edited by danq (edited 28 April 2005).]

Posts: 2420 | From Davis, California | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
danq
Member # 2126

Icon 13 posted      Profile for danq   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey, that was important, but I didn't need to say it twice...

[This message has been edited by danq (edited 28 April 2005).]

Posts: 2420 | From Davis, California | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheCrimeOfLyme
Member # 4019

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheCrimeOfLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did this, once.

I was blind for hours afterwards

Posts: 3169 | From Greensburg, Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymerayja
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6839

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymerayja     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by break the chains:
hira ratan manek is an indian man who has not eaten food in over 10 years. he has done around the clock monitored extended water fasts multiple times. he is very healthy, and travels constantly worldwide ....[/URL]

Say, how about you persuade the CDC and NIH Lyme officers to stop eating for ten years, then come back and report to us how it went? I'll bet the quality of the research goes up massively in their absence )

Couldn't resist that. But you know, you are making the group look ridiculous when you post something like that, and we don't need that at the moment, especially with Feder and Sood up on the CDC website ridiculing us.

Lisa

Posts: 284 | From UK | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement