LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » So upset!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: So upset!
shassler64
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3479

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shassler64     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi!

This is going to sound stupid considering my Dad is so sick but I think that is contributing to my reaction as I don't handle stress well at all any more.

I had an awful experience while parking at the mall today.I came into the carpark and there were 2 people coming out so I pulled into the first one that became vacant.I didn't know that the car further down was waiting for one of the spots as they were past the spots and would have to reverse in.I thought they were waiting for a spot further down.

I hadn't even turned off my motor and this woman was banging on my window and screaming and swearing at me(f---- etc).I couldn't believe it ,I was so shocked.I said don't worry there is a spot right next to me,they are going.She said they wanted my spot and that I should move.I said 'you are joking aren't you' you want me to pull out of this spot and let you in here and then I shall pull into the spot which is closest to you.She just started screaming at me so I said Ok,it doesn't bother me if that is what you want.So I pulled out but then they couldn't get into the spot any way as I was waiting for the next spot .Eventually the man reversed into the spot missing me by a hair.

Then the people in the spot I was meant to go into wouldn't let me in.I pointed to my disability parking sticker and they just stared at me.Meanwhile another woman was getting into her car so I indicated to go into her spot when another woman came beating on my window and screaming obscenities at me.By this time I was in shock.My heart was racing and I was shaking.

She was swearing etc.This whole thing was about 2 minutes and people can get so angry that they find it in themselves to treat people with such lack of humanity.

None of them would listen to what had happened.

The last lady was screaming for me to move that there was no fu--ing parking spot and she was in a fu--ing hurry.The fact that I might be ill which is what the disability parking sticker means didn't matter to them.

I have never and would never speak to anyone the way I was spoken to and treated today.I am still shell shocked and keep crying every time I think about it.

I am so disappointed in people in general and this just brought it home.I don't like a lot of the people in this world ,it is a very sad place when people are willing to treat others this way over a park space when there are plenty anyway.

Disgusted,sad and angry.We have no results from my Dad's tests today either and he looks dreadful.

Sorry for this but needed to share,
Thanks for everything,Sue.

Posts: 801 | From Kiama,Australia | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Boy, that's really sad. Those folks are SO self-centered, it's pathetic! People just don't realize how crazy that is to get upset over losing a parking space! Sheesh! Maybe they needed the extra walking! That's what I tell myself...."oh well, I needed the exercise!"

And then to have all this extra stress added to what you're going through with your dad...that's hard to handle for someone who's healthy, not to mention what it does to someone who is ill.

Maybe it will be cathartic for you to pray for them. Just let it go and pray that they learn how to treat their fellow human beings with more respect.

Take care Sue. You'll get through this! Prayers going up for your dad!

------------------
oops!
Lymetutu

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shassler64
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3479

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shassler64     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi again!
The thing that I really couldn't believe is that they didn't lose a space as there was another about to become free immediately.It was so weird,there were two space right next to each other free,

thanks,Sue.

Posts: 801 | From Kiama,Australia | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
arg82
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 161

Icon 1 posted      Profile for arg82   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's so terrible. I'm so sorry you had to go through all that. It's so sad the way people act sometimes. GRRR! I hope you don't have to deal with people like that again for a long time.

--Annie

------------------

Lyme Out Retreat Website

Lyme Disease Awareness Products

Click here to join Lyme Pals.

Click here to see my Lyme journal.

Posts: 2184 | From Rochester, MA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lou
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 81

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have had experiences like that. Isn't it amazing how rude and mean people can be? Seems like if they bit themselves accidentally, they would die because of the poison.

My feeling is that they are so miserable in their own lives they take it out on everyone around them, or at least the ones who won't clobber them in return.

We need to try to avoid these folks, stress is bad for us. So sorry, try to let it go since it can hurt you to keep churning it around in your mind and get upset all over again.

Posts: 8430 | From Not available | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dontlikeliver
Member # 4749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dontlikeliver     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry about your dad being ill.

It's horrible to get into situations like that. What you need is one of these:
http://www.sillyhumor.com/trunkmonkey/

DLL

[This message has been edited by dontlikeliver (edited 25 May 2005).]

Posts: 2824 | From The Back of Beyond | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder if those people were feeling that rage because they have Borrelia in their systems, messing things up.
Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kara Tyson
Member # 939

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kara Tyson         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are lucky you didnt get shot.

Posts: 6022 | From Mobile, AL | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheCrimeOfLyme
Member # 4019

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheCrimeOfLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I wotn tell you that u are lucky you didnt get shot and dismiss the whole ordeal completely.

What I will say is this: carry a pipe in your car. The next time someone pounds on your personal property, show it to them.

Im sorry this happened to you.

Posts: 3169 | From Greensburg, Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement