LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Would you __________ to be cured?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Would you __________ to be cured?
WildCondor
Unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, I mean this topic as pure fun only.
I started joking around with some family memebers as to all the things I would do, in exchange for being cured. It can get really funny, and even at times serious to play with. I dont want to offend anyone with this topic, or sound desperate either. It can get silly really fast! here goes....

A silly one, and a serious one.

I would do _______ to be cured.

Silly:I would paint myself green and sit on the side of the road at a busy intersection screaming nonsense and eating peanut butter with my feet for a month straight days in order to be cured.

Ok, that was tame. I wont even mention all the things I would force myself to eat or the demented things that I seriously WOULD do, like be marooned someplace or go live in a cell on Alcatraz for a year eating only limes.

Seriously...

I WOULD have somebody chop off my arm with an axe, without painkillers, and live with a fake arm to be cured.

have fun! We have to have some humor with this disease. We all need to laugh!

------------------
Lyme Disease Help
http://www.wildcondor.com

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dontlikeliver
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 4749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dontlikeliver     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's something about putting it into writing that makes me superstitious about jinxing myself...........so, instead I will say, a lot of unpleasant and whacky things would be preferable to Lyme for life.

DLL

Posts: 2824 | From The Back of Beyond | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
laserred
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6796

Icon 1 posted      Profile for laserred     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I have learned to be very careful of what I wish for, and to be extremely specific, as it just may come true and be be granted, and it may not be what you 'thought' you asked for! Requests can be very easily misconstrude.

Some days we think we we are worse off then the next person, then you pledge you would take that over what you have....and then you could be in worse shape, and they aren't using you body to it's max like you trained it be! So, be careful you wish for, it just may come true!

Onr particular story comes to mind: There was a man that wanted to be more satisfiying to his wife, so he said he would like his manhood to be able to reach to the floor,

because he thought it would be better to satisfy his wife with this 'new length'.

So that night, before going to sleep he made his plea or a pledge, (irrellavent what he was exchanging his new length for). He made a deal with a higher power (who apparently had a sense of humor)

and the next morning waking up with excitement to his anticipation of one particular body part being extended to be able to reach the floor, he got his wish...along with the shock of his life,

he jumped out of bed and his..."ahem"... manhood, sure enough, touched the floor..but only because his legs were shortened by about four feet

So the moral of the story: Be careful what you wish for, you may not get exacely what you were thinking you'd get. And it may not come immediately...it may come when don't expect it (at a very inconvenient or an inopprotune time!)

My suggestion....Be very, very specific!!!! A higher power is listening to you!

And remember the grass is not always greener on the other side of the fench!

Take care and have fun..That sounds almost like putting you destiny in some elses hands...(you're not a wickit are you?) I've seen your site and it's kind of dark and spooky!

I'll take minute think of mine, so it gets worded properly and just right!

Have to sleep on that one...zzzzzzzzz,G'nigh
~laserred~

EDITTED the following day to say: Of all the things in life I've lost, I guess I miss my mind the most! LOL

Holy Cow!!! Who's using my name???
Someone PLEASE remind me not to be posting after I've hit the bottle, I had to check to see if that was REALLY MY post...Really!!!!

Then SOME of the post sounded familar, and I had to read the thing over again, and ask my self..."Self, who the heck was writing that? "

WOW, Man-O-Man, scarey stuff! Sorry if I offended ANYONE!

[This message has been edited by laserred (edited 11 June 2005).]

Posts: 493 | From MidWest NorthWoods | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kara Tyson
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 939

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kara Tyson         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I give lectures to nursing/med/biology students.

Part of my lecture is that I say, "if a researcher came to me today and said NO ONE would get this disease if you would donate your legs, I would say how about tomorrow? I would gladly spend the rest of my life in a wheelchair".

Posts: 6022 | From Mobile, AL | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
no2lyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6978

Icon 1 posted      Profile for no2lyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A great way too relieve some stress I am sure.

My theory is more like what don't we do to be cured. We jump through hoops, sell our homes, bang our heads against brick walls, take a bizillion (an actual amount) of drugs, take tests that may or may not be accurate, drink juices, IVIG, HBOt, I mean really.

Sorry just a little personal rant today I guess.

Posts: 152 | From On Horseback | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HEATHERKISS
Member # 6789

Icon 14 posted      Profile for HEATHERKISS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOW! Kara really puts it into perspective.

Posts: 1974 | From ABERDEEN, NJ 07747 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treepatrol
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 4117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would do _Cut off lefty and hahaha nevermind __ to be cured.
Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yankee in black
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4309

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yankee in black     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,

Whats' the old saying? "Make a pack with Satan", or something of the sort?

You guys need to know that I am just kidding!!

Treepatrol: Nah, Don't cut of your "You know who"---that is one of the last "good times" that you can actually still have with lyme--even if near death!!( or something that feels like near death---like IV flagyl treatment and Lyme)

Funny Story:

When I was fighting with UNUM Provident over my LTD disability policy( they were trying to cancel me--I took them to court---and thank-you God---I won against the "Evil Empire" ) I had to go though a neuropysch evaluation conducted by one of their own IME "hacks"

Upon seeing my list of sx. due to the disease--she blurted out--"I'm amazed that you can still be happy to be alive"

Of course---this was ment to set me up with some sort of response that would enable them to list me as either:

1) Depressed--so they wouldn't have to pay me past 2 yrs due to a mental health clause in the policy

OR,

2) Say I was able to work due to some response which they could mis-constrew for their benefit---to terminate my claim

Well, to this day---I can't believe what I answered( I have the feeling our own DocDave would be proud )

Well, As long as I can still have "S*X", there is a great reason for living, wouldn't you say?

You gotta understand here......I was on an own occupation policy---which just means that I had to be unable to just do "MY job", not another job.

The IME doctor laughed when I told her that

She didn't mention anything about it in the report that went to UMUN, or my doctor.

I mentioned to my LLMD what I said

He laughed his head off

And he told me I was right If you can still do that--you can find a reason to stay living

Posts: 468 | From USA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shazdancer
Member # 1436

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shazdancer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whoa, musta been a tough week for some of us. It was for me, and I need the laugh!

laserred, I'm still laughing! I can't imagine how funny you must be when you're sober....

treepatrol -- "lefty???" Just when I think I've heard every nickname there is... HA!

WildCondor, I would sacrifice my EX-HUSBAND to be cured. Then I'd be healed in so many ways...

Dancingly,
Shaz

Posts: 1558 | From the Berkshires | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
laserred
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6796

Icon 1 posted      Profile for laserred     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by shazdancer:
laserred, I'm still laughing! I can't imagine how funny you must be when you're sober....

Honestly, you guys, just for the record...I don't even drink! Who needs to with this Lyme thing goin' on?
We already stagger, walk into walls, have black outs, lay in bed and have the room spin, forget where we park our cars, go into rage stupers, stay up half or all night, sleep half the day away, forget names, can't think rationally or/and can't carry on an intelligent conversation
...etc...etc ...etc

Usually, I'm FAIRLY reserved "When I'm Sober".
But, I'm glad it humored you, regardless.
~laserred~

[This message has been edited by laserred (edited 12 June 2005).]

Posts: 493 | From MidWest NorthWoods | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
laserred
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6796

Would you ---have an Ice Pick Lobotomy--- to be cured, you ask?

Yup!

Might as well, cuz, apparently, there are parts of my brain that ain't working anyway!!

[Freeman came with the "brilliant" idea that if you take a simple ice-pick, insert it to someone's nose and bang on the ice pick with a hammer this would puncture the skin and the bone all at once and go directly to the brain substance.

Now, if you swing the ice pick in that position, you cause an irreversible damage to the frontal lobe and you cancall it a day. The entire thing takes 10 minutes and it can be done on local anesthesia, by anyone who can hold an ice pick.

Word says that psychiatrists and neurosurgeons would FAINT on Freeman's demonstrations of this new technique.
However, the technique was used widely in the US and outside the US.

Instead of being a last resourt for the extremely agressive, non compliant with any other treatment patients - this terrifying procedure was used on almost every second patient.

One of the most famous stories is about the actress Frances Farmer, who because of her excentric behaviour that was not accepted by the conservative society was admitted to psychiatric hospital and given a lobotomy even though she was NOT MENTALLY ILL.

In Japan they used to give a lobotomy to children when they were not as disciplined as their parents wanted them to be or if they did not do well at school.

Nowadays the lobotomy is illegal in many parts of USA. In Russia this surgery was outlawed in the 40's due to moral illegitimacy.

However in countries like Japan, Australia and India procedures of this type are still being used.

By the way, Freeman got a nobel prize for inventing the ice-pick lobotomy.]

Have a Great Day, All!!!!
~laserred~

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement