LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Lymetoo's surgery update!!!!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lymetoo's surgery update!!!!!!
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey! I lived thru it! They got the IV in on the FIRST stick....I think that's an all-time first! [should have given the nurse an honorary pink tutu!]

The pain is pretty bad....what's this about band-aid surgery!? HA! I've had the incision type hysterectomy and that was a 10...this is an 8. Recovery should be pretty rapid after another day or so, however.

I was in recovery for two hours due to the pain. AAHH, morphine and valium work wonders.

They found 5 very large stones. I don't know how the GB kept from bursting. I have a pic of them and will measure them when i'm feeling better. I think they were around 2 cm each.

So, think about me when you're eating REAL food today, OK? I'm looking forward to eating REAL food again!

Thanks to all.....your prayers and support meant alot.

------------------
Do not take anything I say as medical advice. I am not a doctor, but I DID stay at a Holiday Inn Express!
oops!
Lymetutu

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheryl
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 75

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheryl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad to hear it went well! Best wishes for a speedy recovery!!!

HUGS,
Cheryl

Posts: 1547 | From NY | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
janet thomas
Member # 7122

Icon 1 posted      Profile for janet thomas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Lymetoo,

So relieved to hear you're home and it went ok. I won't say well cause surgery is tough.

Don't hold back on those pain meds!

Janet

Posts: 2001 | From NJ | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WELL! Young lady. I am glad you finally came back to us!

I was worried sick about you!

Good to see they got you out of there with your normal 1/2 a brain.

Feel better soon little babboon.

And know we love you!

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymester
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5848

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome Back!

Very glad to hear from you, stay well.

Lisa

Posts: 519 | From CT | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Korinne21
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Korinne21     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lymetoo

Congrats hun, im glad your feeling good and im so happy your alright! Eases my mind for when i have to get my GB out...

Im next in line...
Have a great rest hun *cyber huggs*

Korinne

Posts: 102 | From henryville. PA, USA | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trueblue
Member # 7348

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trueblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yay, tutu's back! I'm glad it's finally done and hope the pain is better soon.

We're saving some real food for you when you're ready.

[This message has been edited by trueblue (edited 15 July 2005).]

Posts: 3783 | From somewhere other than here | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ArtnSoul
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4561

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArtnSoul     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Praying for your quick and speedy recovery!!
Posts: 416 | From Southeastern PA | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pab
Member # 904

Icon 7 posted      Profile for pab     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm so glad the surgery went well and you are home.

I checked for an update this morning and didn't see one. I was starting to think we aren't your 1st priority!!

When can you start eating real food?

------------------

Posts: 2775 | From MN | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treepatrol
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 4117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad your okay
Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cbb
Member # 788

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cbb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So glad you've got that surgery behind you.
Now you can concentrate on feeling better.

Wow!! Those sound like Texas size stones!
....and 5 of them.
So glad you got them out before they caused bigger problems.

Take good care of yourself.
Wouldn't want to squeeze you tight, so I'm sending you lots of gentle hugs!!

Posts: 4638 | From South Carolina | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
arg82
Member # 161

Icon 1 posted      Profile for arg82   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi TUTU!

Glad you made it through in one piece! Well, I guess techincally you're in 2 pieces but most of you is in one piece!

I had my GB out in 2002 because of Rocephin-indueced stones. I had a whole bunch of little stones (I got to see my GB afterwards). The pain in recovery was really bad but the nurse there was horrible. She gave me pain meds, then I was still whimpering in pain so she gave me some more but after that she just told me (in as un-sympathetic a voice as you can imagine), "You just need to relax!" I was so mad and in pain but I just dealt with the pain.

And then after recovery, there wasn't an option for pain meds in my IV. I could either take pills or get a shot. So, I took pills once (Darvocet because Percocet makes me sick) but it didn't help so I just dealt with it again. I recovered pretty quickly and after a week of resting at home I was doing pretty well!

I hope you have a speedy recovery!

--Annie

------------------

Lyme Out Retreat Website

Lyme Disease Awareness Products

Click here to join Lyme Pals.

Click here to see my Lyme journal.

Posts: 2184 | From Rochester, MA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cbb
Member # 788

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cbb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry.
Computer problems.
Deleted duplicate response.

[This message has been edited by cbb (edited 15 July 2005).]

Posts: 4638 | From South Carolina | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ireallywant2believe
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations on living through it. Glad to hear that things went well. Too many medical misadventures and mistakes.

I recently had surgery and it took four sticks to get the IV in! :-( My arm is still black and blue weeks later.

Curious about a couple of things.

How was your reaction to anesthesia?

Also did you have rocephin which caused your gallstones? If you did, did the doctor try pulse therapy as Dr B from Long Island recommends in his treatment hints? Did you have actigall prophylactically as Dr S of San Fran recommends?

I wonder if gallstones are just a problem with rocephin in Lyme patients because the treatment is often long term or seen just as much in all patients getting rocephin? Something about Lyme make people susceptible? Or is it long term treatment? Definitely rocephin can cause gallstones in use with treating other diseases, I wonder if the incidence is higher in Lyme patients or what?

quote:
Originally posted by Lymetoo:
Hey! I lived thru it! They got the IV in on the FIRST stick....I think that's an all-time first! [should have given the nurse an honorary pink tutu!]

The pain is pretty bad....what's this about band-aid surgery!? HA! I've had the incision type hysterectomy and that was a 10...this is an 8. Recovery should be pretty rapid after another day or so, however.

I was in recovery for two hours due to the pain. AAHH, morphine and valium work wonders.

They found [b]5 very large stones. I don't know how the GB kept from bursting. I have a pic of them and will measure them when i'm feeling better. I think they were around 2 cm each.

So, think about me when you're eating REAL food today, OK? I'm looking forward to eating REAL food again!

Thanks to all.....your prayers and support meant alot.

[/B]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bg
Member # 46416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tutu,

Thanks for posting so quickly how everything went for you...good.

5 stones: I thought of my Dad saying he has a FULL house: 3 kings & 2 queens; his kids.

Ke3epyour pain under control; use those meds.

bettyg

Posts: 1 | From US | Registered: Aug 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
3greatkids
Member # 3838

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 3greatkids     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Way to go Lymetoo.

Glad you had that trouble maker taken out.

Guess you can start a new hobby,you can go buy a rock tumbler.

Anyway,take care,and take it slow and easy for awhile!

Posts: 1076 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kara Tyson
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 939

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Kara Tyson         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good news!

Posts: 6022 | From Mobile, AL | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HEATHERKISS
Member # 6789

Icon 12 posted      Profile for HEATHERKISS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Posts: 1974 | From ABERDEEN, NJ 07747 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tabbytamer
Member # 3159

Icon 7 posted      Profile for tabbytamer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
They found 5 very large stones.
[/B]

Did they let you have them while in the hospital? Or were they afraid you would start throwing them at the Ducks?

Glad you've come through surgery okay. Don't be a hero, take those pain meds and rest up, okay?

------------------
Tabby

Posts: 2098 | From San Diego, CA, USA | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pippy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6005

Icon 10 posted      Profile for pippy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome Back TUTU! We missed you!!!!
Posts: 446 | From California | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yo, tutu,
Hope you feel better soon!
Carol

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 3greatkids:

Guess you can start a new hobby,you can go buy a rock tumbler.

Always wanted one of those!

Annie, Sorry you had such a crummy nurse! Mine were all wonderful. I'm going to write a letter to the one who helped me after the recovery room. She pampered me to the max!

We found connection between us too....She's a Texas girl! We didn't find that out until I was getting ready to leave.

Cute tutu, Kara! [or whatever that was!]

Off to see the Percocet Wizard.

------------------
Do not take anything I say as medical advice. I am not a doctor, but I DID stay at a Holiday Inn Express!
oops!
Lymetutu

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FightFireWithWater
Member # 5781

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FightFireWithWater     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tutu,

So sorry it hurts so much! Glad you have a kind nurse.

Say, it sounds as if you could start one of those indoor rock-climbing walls what with your supply of stones!

Get well soon!

Posts: 1265 | From does not list | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
perplexed
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1913

Icon 10 posted      Profile for perplexed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tutu...so glad you are home..boy they kick you out fast don't they??

Pretzels do not sound so good with meds..ugh

Enjoy your first meal...and as I said to you before, "Do not touch sausage for awhile."

Welcome back and you will feel soooo much better...I know I did.

Hugs Jean

Posts: 324 | From Lexington, KY, USA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pq
Member # 6886

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

knock on wood! good to see you back!

Posts: 2708 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pq
Member # 6886

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

do NOT take any plant or animal enzymes unless you consult with your doctor first, because one, or more of them, either singularly, and/or all together can prolong bleeding.

ask your doctor if you can take a low dose for digestion of food.

if he says you can take as many as you want, i would not chance this until your way past being absolutely fully healed, however long that will be for you.

Posts: 2708 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breathwork
Member # 567

Icon 1 posted      Profile for breathwork     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome home weary traveler!
Sorry to hear about the pain...take all the pain pills you need my dear.....You deserve to not feel any pain when you can!

Be gentle with your wonderful self!

Carol Ann

Posts: 1062 | From CA USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lightfoot
Member # 2536

Icon 12 posted      Profile for lightfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Welcome back!! Hang in there and take good care of you!

It's all downhill from here, or is it uphill? Whatever, the worst is over.....hope the pain subsides soon!!!

Wishing yo0u a speedy recovery!

Healing hugs and smiles....lightfoot

------------------
C O L O R A D O * S U P P O R T * S Y S T E M
[email protected]

"A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart
and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words".
Unknown

Posts: 7228 | From CO | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement