LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Can't Take This Anymore...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Can't Take This Anymore...
Fourknaz
Member # 2057

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fourknaz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was diagnosed with Lyme Disease back in 1998. Since then I have made dramatic improvements, yet am still dealing with arthritic condition, soreness and sometimes overall malaise.

I am getting married to a wonderful woman in three weeks who stands by me, and drives me to better my health (i.e. eating right, exercise and even yoga!)

I just want to be the athletic person I once was. Will this ever go away or am I stuck with this forever?

My latest Lyme IgM Western Blot came back positive with 4+ on the 31 kDa band and 3+ on the 41kDa band...

What should I do?!?!

Posts: 41 | From NY, NY | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MADDOG
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 18

Icon 3 posted      Profile for MADDOG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,There are all sorts of treatments out there .

You have to find the one that works the best for you.

Sometimes you have to search and find them for yourself,and switch docs.and try some more.

Keep fighting!!! there is no other choice.

MADDOG

Posts: 3997 | From Ohio | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
minoucat
Member # 5175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for minoucat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fourknaz -- what Maddog said. I've been dealing with LD for 20 years. I'm finally, finally seeing real improvement with a totally new regimen and a new doctor.

I don't know how much you can recover -- but I think it's a whole lot.

If you haven't treated for coinfections, you need to look into that immediately. Babesia and bartonella were key treatments for me and the hubby.

Congrats on your upcoming marriage! Sounds like you caught you a good 'un.

Posts: 2331 | From WA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cootiegirl
Member # 3216

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cootiegirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ditto to what the others have said. This disease can be life altering. But you certainly don't have to roll over and take it either! Good for you that you still want to exercise and be active - that's important.

If you are still experiencing symptoms, perhaps the treatment that you underwent did not completely kill the spirochetes. As the others have said, there might also be coinfections in your body that were never treated.

You may want to see a lyme literate doc to get yourself checked over and see where to proceed from here. In the meantime, modify your exercise to what you can tolerate for now. Don't worry about what you can't do, but celebrate what you are capable of doing for today. All of this helps to keep your body in the best shape possible.

Exercise regimes often change for people during their lives anyway. With age, people can't always do what they once could, and they feel bad or experience a kind of mourning for the loss of what they once had. You might be experiencing a similar kind of loss right now. There is a form of grieving that does come with a chronic illness - that is very normal......

Life with a chronic illness needs to be taken a day at a time. There is no definitive timeline of when a person gets over lyme disease or other tick borne infections, but know that you can get well. It just seems overwhelming, even frustrating when your lifestyle has to change to accomodate an illness.

cootiegirl

Posts: 1728 | From New York State | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Luthien
Member # 7132

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luthien     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,

Congratulations on your upcoming marriage! It does indeed sound like you've found a terrific partner.

Lyme can be so unpredicitable, largely I suspect because there are many different strains, co-infections, and let's face it everybody's different and brings different other health factors into the mix.

Very important to have a doctor you feel confident and comfortable working with and to be on med regimens that work for you. Co-infections really, really need to be addressed. Remember that the tests for co-infections are not 100% reliable.

But overall, mental and emotional outlook are vitally important to recovery. And having a loving and supportive partner I truly believe can be the factor that tips everything in your favor. I keep hoping that I'll have someone like that.

Posts: 38 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement