LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Melanie Reber

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Melanie Reber
lyme_suz
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello,

Have you had any news about your missing family members? I was so happy to hear about your neice and have been praying...

I am really sorry that your family is going thru this. Unfathomable.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cbb
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 788

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cbb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been wondering, too.
So concerned about you & your family, but also all the others who have had their life changed by such traumatic events.

Hugs & hope to hear from you soon.

Posts: 4638 | From South Carolina | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I received an email from Melanie last night. She's still searching for several family members, including her grandmother.

Her mother had gone back into New Orleans recently, and Melanie was hoping to convince her to leave again ahead of Rita. Hope she did so.

So we need to keep praying for her family.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shassler64
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3479

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shassler64     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Melanie!
My prayers and thoughts are with you every day.I had no idea you were in New Orleans.Haven't been on the net much since Dad had his stroke in June.

I am so sorry ,we have been watching it on the news every day.I hope you find your family.Wish I could help and soooo so sorry.

Hugs and prayers ,Sue from Downunder.

Posts: 801 | From Kiama,Australia | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melanie Reber
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 3707

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melanie Reber   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good morning Dear friends,

Please forgive my delay in replying to your posts, emails and messages...
I have been in the middle of a move myself, but am now semi-settled.

I've not been back to my friend's place in Grass Valley in over 2 weeks...but plan on returning within the next couple of days to retrieve my mail and furnishings.

I sincerely THANK all of you in advance for your most generous gifts to my families...and I will be certain to let each of you know that your mail arrived just as soon as I am able.

I wait on pins and needles with the rest of the Gulf coast as Rita arrives...and pray that those that I love in her pathway were able to escape unharmed.

My mother was able to finally go back home after 3 weeks of staying with strangers. The good news is that her home was practically untouched by Katrina! Trees were down everywhere around her home, but as far as the structure itself, only a few vents were blown off. She is doing the bucket brigade until such time as she will be able to have this repaired.

As expected, when I spoke with her for the first time, she sounded exhausted and not quite herself. But she was so grateful to have escaped Katrina's direct impact.

My sister however was not as fortunate. The last message on Thursday was that her little town was a disaster area. She has been working very hard these last few weeks, and was only able to return home recently to survey the damage more closely.

Hopefully, if I can get through, I will be speaking with both of them today...and will keep you all updated as I hear the latest developments.

Incredibly, I have had no word from my other family members, so your prayers are still very much appreciated.

Thank you so very much for your love and support through this most difficult time...it is a priceless gift and is appreciated beyond words.

For those of you who have contacted me with Doctor requests- please be patient...I promise to get back with you as soon as possible.

Much love and gratitude,
Melanie

Posts: 7052 | From Colorado | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you'd like to help members of Melanie's family who were displaced by the storm, you can email Tincup at [email protected]

You can send cards from Wal Mart and the like so they can buy essentials. Some of them are in Calif near Melanie.

- thank you!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

up

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Melanie Reber
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 3707

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melanie Reber   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear friends,

Thank you so very much for your continued thoughts and prayers for my families. It has been an unsettled time, but your strength and love has helped sustain us all through the events of the past month.

It will take more time still for any semblance of normalcy to resume in their lives...but day by day, as small and large obstacles are faced and overcome, a sense of hope has taken hold. And as we all know...with hope, all things are possible.

While this life changing experience has brought with it sorrow and uncertainty, it has also brought a shift in priority and an overwhelming feeling of gratitude.

To me, it has reconfirmed a strong belief that if given the opportunity, people everywhere are eager and willing to help one another. To lend a smile, a prayer, a shoulder, and a helping hand whenever or wherever necessary. This alone has warmed my heart, and has helped to maintain my balance during this ever shifting period of time.

For this and for so much more...I and my family members extend our most heartfelt gratitude.

Much love,
Melanie

Posts: 7052 | From Colorado | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement