LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Treating Lyme Disease Naturally (share what's worked for you)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Treating Lyme Disease Naturally (share what's worked for you)
MaFunk
Member # 8019

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MaFunk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since I was diagnosed with LD 9 months ago, after years of illness, I've only been treated with 30 days of antibiotics, followed by 2 weeks antibiotics 3 months later, followed by 2 weeks of antibiotics 4 months after that. Needless to say, I am still sick, and very frustrated.

I am without a physician, and I have come to the conclusion that nobody will help me get well, so I have to take things into my own hands. Since I have no way to prescribe my own antibiotics, I have started using herbs and vitamins to help me become well again. So far, I've been feeling MUCH better. Here is my daily schedule so far:

Breakfast:

1.455 g Cat's Claw (bark)
1g Red Clover
520 mg Eleuthero Powder (root; formerly known as Siberian Ginseng)
2 caps Anti-Bio & Immune (made by Platinum Naturals)
1,000 mcg B-12

Lunch
1g Red Clover
2 caps Anti-Bio & Immune
600 mg St Johns Wort

Dinner
1g Red Clover
2 caps Anti-Bio & Immune

Bedtime
3 mg Melatonin

I'm also trying to get back into exercising (swimming, as it's easiest on my joints and muscles), and using the sauna and steam room at the local YMCA. At home, I'm trying to get back into doing yoga and meditating. However, when I'm sick and depressed, and/or experiencing Lyme fog, it can be quite difficult to remember to do these things (as I'm sure you can all relate to).

So, what natural remedies have you found successful?

Posts: 37 | From Jamestown, NY | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
livinlyme
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 3773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for livinlyme   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't done naturals but I posted one on medical about anyone who tried Samento I am curious about this natural and success or not..

--------------------
"Hatred paralyzes life; love releases it. Hatred confuses life; love harmonizes it. Hatred darkens life; love illuminates it."

Posts: 1389 | From who knows, who cares, but somewhere over the rainbow | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NP40
Member # 6711

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NP40     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ma,

Freeze-dried garlic is a good natural abx, and artemisinin will get after babesia.

Ma, living in NY you should be able to find an LLMD that can help you. Post in the "Seeking a Doctor" forum.

Posts: 1632 | From Northern Wisconsin | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lightfoot
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2536

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lightfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi there, Mafunk!!

Gosh, I would think you would lose weight on that!!! Just teasing!!! I couldn't resist it!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

I agree with NP40......you should be able to get to a good LLMD in NY. I would run not walk in that direction!!

I was sick for many years with several misdiagnoses so I hear where you are coming from for sure. Before I knew it was Lyme, I did lots of natural stuff. Those things helped keep me functioning but there came a time when it wasn't enough.....I became too sick to do anything.

That's when I learned by a freak accident that I had Lyme. That was in 99 and I've been on ABX most of that time, various combos. I can honestly say that without ABX.....I may not be here.

At this point I have reached a level of functioning I did not think was possible.

What in the line of naturals have helped me the most?

The most important for me before and after diagnosis has been DIET. Low carb, no yeast, no dairy, no gluten and for a number of years I ate NO grains at all. Lots of clean protien, vegetables and limited fruit if any.

Next would be eliminating as many chemicals etc from my food and environment as possible....my home became an oasis where my body could recoup.

Supplements would come in next: Vitamins, mineral and amino acids.

Natural compounded hormones next.....

Meditation has been very important. Rebounding has been useful especially when I have been too sick to excercise.....I am only now getting where I can walk some.

My family support has been important...very important!!!

Recently (12-14 weeks ago)I added Samento and I think this may also be bringing me up a notch....I gave up my beloved coffee about the same time so I need more time to see where the Samento will take me.

I would highly suggest the book "Healing Lyme" just released this year. I just got my copy from Amazon and I will be adding some of the herbs suggested one at a time. A lot of the herbs are new suggestions.

Here are a couple of links discussing the book:
http://tinyurl.com/aguvn
http://tinyurl.com/aguvn

I wish you the very best in your quest for restored health...it is possible. It can take a lot of time when one has been sick for a long time.

Healing smiles...lightfoot [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

--------------------
Healing Smiles.....lightfoot [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

Posts: 7228 | From CO | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fatigued15
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6437

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fatigued15     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MaFunk, My daughter takes many supplements and does some alternative therapy. While I believe all of this helps her a great deal she would not get better without a llmd and ABX. I see you live in Jamestown. You are so close to PA there has to be someone fairly close. Post on the seeking a doctor forum.
Posts: 488 | From NY | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mlkeen
Member # 1260

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mlkeen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm glad you are feeling better. Adding the low carb diet, with lots of veggies, should make a differnce too.

Also bacteria don't like heat so using a sauna or hot tub, 104 degrees for 10-15 minutes will also help.

My llmd has said not more than 1/2 mg melatonin at bedtime. He said more can be dangerous. I have added a small amount of magnesium and zinc and sleep better, most nights, than I have in a ong time.

Getting more oxygen into your body via exercise is good. Keep it up!

Mel

Posts: 1572 | From Pa | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Red Deer
Member # 8006

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Red Deer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Greetings,

When I first started searching for symptoms on the internet, along with Lymes, Ms etc., a lymes site came up. Surprisingly it was being run by an old high school friend that I had lost touch with.

His site is an incredible resource for both medical and holistic approaches to treatment..check it out. He does not however, at this time have an interacive site. This site is updated as his health allows and exist as a resource.

The site is at cassia.org/

Hope this is of some help to all!

Peace and Blessings [group hug]
Red Deer

Posts: 22 | From usa | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement