LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Know any good meditation tapes/CDs???

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Know any good meditation tapes/CDs???
lifeline
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3445

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lifeline     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone know of any good meditation tapes they've tried? I think it would have a very beneficial effect.

I just don't know which ones to buy, and with the expense of a CD these days, I would really appreciate a recommendation.

Thanks.

lifeline

Posts: 983 | From FL | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
robi
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5547

Icon 1 posted      Profile for robi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nada Himalaya by Deuter. It is Tibetin Bowls.
You can buy it used or new at Amazon.com

robi

--------------------
Now, since I put reality on the back burner, my days are jam-packed and fun-filled. ..........lily tomlin as 'trudy'

Posts: 2503 | From here | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
robi
Member # 5547

Icon 1 posted      Profile for robi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also you can go to www.CDBaby.com They have a lot of good stuff in their New Age Section. You can listen to samples.

Hope this helps,
robi

--------------------
Now, since I put reality on the back burner, my days are jam-packed and fun-filled. ..........lily tomlin as 'trudy'

Posts: 2503 | From here | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lifeline
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3445

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lifeline     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Robi. Great site! There are many in the New Age section that I'd love to try...may help with sleeping.

lifeline

Posts: 983 | From FL | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hopeful123
Member # 3244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopeful123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lifeline,

jon kabat zin has run a meditation center for years especially for people with chronic pain. He has a cd with a couple of visualizations of focusing on each part of the body. there are more cd's available.

he is wonderful

happy meditating

hopeful123 [Cool]

--------------------
some days you're the bug, some days you're the windshield  -

Posts: 1160 | From NY | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lifeline
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3445

Hopeful,

I just bought a CD of Jon Kabat-Zinn "Mindful Meditation" along with one suggested by Robi at the New Age site "River Dawn Piano Meditation" by Charlton.

Thanks, very helpful information from you both.

lifeline

Starphoenix
Member # 2402

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Starphoenix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know the Narada line is good.

--------------------
Learning to love, and loving to learn.

Posts: 1318 | From Shohola, PA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hopeful123
Member # 3244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopeful123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lifeline

i am still on the first meditation of that cd mindfull meditation. i conk out before really getting to the end of it and maybe just maybe you will get some rest because it will put you out as well.

of course i know it's not supposed to be ONLY for falling asleep. got it. but when you are sleep deprived it can affect everything.

in fact, my llmd place me on very low dosage of some antidepressant (can't think right now) for sleep and for pain at night which is when you take it.

works well.

good luck

--------------------
some days you're the bug, some days you're the windshield  -

Posts: 1160 | From NY | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
santa_pax
Member # 8318

Icon 1 posted      Profile for santa_pax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did the Jon Kabat Zinn program too.......it was a tremendous help to me and a wonderful experience. The course came with CDs and a tape.

I took the course over a year ago and I still do the meditation exercises with the CD each day. Its been the most useful means of coping with pain and stress I have ever encountered!

The book which we followed in the course is called "Full Catastrophe Living"....Im sure its available cheap on Amazon.

here's wishing you luck on cultivating a peaceful mind......where the mind goes, the body follows!

santa_pax

Posts: 58 | From Planet Earth | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lifeline
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3445

Hopeful,

I'm really anxious to get my CDs...I ordered through Amazon because anything over $25 you don't have to pay S/H.

I don't know, I may have ordered the wrong thing, because it said it was the "abridged" (shortened) version. I think there is more than one tape, but this one is just one tape. Still should be helpful, though.

santa pax,

Yes, a peaceful mind and needed sleep would be wonderful.

Thanks for all the info.

lifeline

santa_pax
Member # 8318

Icon 1 posted      Profile for santa_pax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well for the sleep I still rely on.....um....sleeping tablets..... [Roll Eyes] .....

When I took the course, I was warned that few make it few the "body scan" meditation without nodding off. Boy was I excited! At least 300 "body scans" later I have yet to fall asleep from meditation. Many of the other women did indeed snooze right there in class! A lyme brain really doesnt know when to quit, lol.

The meditation has nonetheless been a hugely helpful means of surviving this nasty disease.

santa_pax

Posts: 58 | From Planet Earth | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement