LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » New diet working for me...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New diet working for me...
rosesisland2000
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2001

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rosesisland2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I started this new diet I found in First magazine.

Basically here it is:

DAY 1

To do: At 2-hour intervals until dinner, drink a protein shake (mix l scoop of whey, soy or egg-white protein powder with 8 ox. Water). I use whey protein shakes found on the website JayRobb.com It tastes really great.
8 a.m., 10 a.m., 12 p.m., 2 p.m., 4 p.m.: 1 shake, plus 8 oz. water to flush glycogen metabolites through the kidneys.

6 p.m. 6 cups raw-veggie salad topped with 6 oz. Lean protein (chicken, fish turkey or beef)

OR,

4 egg whites; 1/2 avocado

OR,

2 Tbs. Olive or flaxseed oil and juice of 1/2 lemon or lime

DAYS 2 and 3

To do: Upon rising and every 2 hours thereafter until dinner, eat one serving of fresh fruit...choose any fruit, but avoid juices and canned varieties:

8 a.m.: 2 cups of melon mix (combine cubed watermelon, cantaloupe and honeydew)

10 a.m.: l medium banana

Noon: 2 cups of fruit medley (combine sliced pineapple, strawberries, sliced apple, kiwifruit and blueberries)

2 p.m.: 1 cup of grapes

4 p.m.: 2 cups apple-blueberry delight (combine 1 apple, cubed, with 1 cup blue berries)

6 p.m.: 6 cups raw-veggie salad topped with 1/2 avocado or 2 Tbs. Olive or flaxseed oil and juice of 1/2 lemon or lime; 1 protein shake (mix 8 ox. Water with one scoop protein powder)

--------------------
Rosemary

Please pray for our troops!!!

Click here for a POSITIVE Lyme Disease website

Posts: 6191 | From Arkansas | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rosesisland2000
Member # 2001

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rosesisland2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a shopping list made easy for the above diet.

DAY 1

6 cups raw-veggie salad
6 oz. Lean protein (chicken, fish turkey or beef)

4 egg whites; 1/2 avocado

2 Tbs. Olive or flaxseed oil and juice of 1/2 lemon or lime

DAYS 2 and 3

2 cups of melon mix (combine cubed watermelon, cantaloupe and honeydew)

l medium banana

2 cups of fruit medley (combine sliced pineapple, strawberries, sliced apple, kiwifruit and blueberries)

1 cup of grapes

2 cups apple-blueberry delight (combine 1 apple, cubed, with 1 cup blue berries)

6 cups raw-veggie salad
1/2 avocado
2 Tbs. Olive or flaxseed oil AND juice of 1/2 lemon or lime;

I was NEVER hungry on this diet and that's amazing. It's also totally helped with my constipation. It's not a cheap diet for eating fresh fruit can be expensive.

--------------------
Rosemary

Posts: 6191 | From Arkansas | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ann-OH
Member # 2020

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ann-OH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How much weight did you lose?

And what does one do after day 3?

Ann - OH

--------------------
www.ldbullseye.com

Posts: 5705 | From Ohio | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rosesisland2000
Member # 2001

quote:
Originally posted by Ann-OH:
How much weight did you lose?

And what does one do after day 3?

Ann - OH

It's a three day on and four day off diet..course the 4 days off one shouldn't over do it.

You are suppose to loose up to 9 lbs weekly, but, more realistic would be around 4 or so, I lost 4 lbs.

My plan is to do this for 12 weeks at 3 lbs per week making a total lbs. lost or 36 lbs. (I put on a large amount of weight this year on Seroquel and stopping smoking combination. I went from a size 4 last summer to a size 14 this year.) I have to do this. And, starting now, this Spring and Summer will be worth it.

--------------------
Rosemary

map1131
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You go girl. I thought you were a tiny thing to begin with. I seem to remember the pics you posted of your wedding and you were a petite woman?

I've seen your post on you doing well. I'm glad to hear it. How is your daughter and grandchildren doing? Did her husband finish his tour of Iraq hell?

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rosesisland2000
Member # 2001

Icon 7 posted      Profile for rosesisland2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Pam, thanks for asking...son-in-law has been back from Iraq for almost a year now (could a year have gone by faster?). So proud of him...he make it out of there with one Purple Heart and is doing great.

He could not find a sutable job around this tiny town of 10,000. He was making a lot more being in combat and with his rank SFC. So, he turned to the Guard, again, and they seem to have a place for him.

He's now been from Ft. Polk (Louisiana), to Ft. Chaffee (Arkansas), to now Ft. Hood in Texas. As my understanding, he is teaching troops about what is expected of them in Iraq.

Amanda and her children responded well to their antibiotic treatment and are currently not on any treatment protocal. And, her daughter with ADHA if off all her related meds and doing quite well actually. Her younger sister, now 2 1/2, has done well also...seems as if even her ear infections are a thing of the past. That's good news.

You do know that we came here the same time, in January 2002, with not a whole lot of us left here, I see.

I've been coming here lately and see so many new folks and guests.

Treatment works!!! It may take a longer time than we wanted it to work. Every time I get a new pain or something, I keep thinking it's coming back, but, so far, so good.

You take care, now.

--------------------
Rosemary

map1131
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Roses, I'm here to help others. I've learned so much and have made progress. Not cured yet. But having periods of remission. I didn't turn the corner until I dropped the abx and started alternative.

This forum used to be so pro-abx and anti-alternative. Things have greatly improved here. Abx were not my cure and there are many like me and I want to give hope and guidance to those that aren't improving with abx.

I've always said I would win this war. Now that I've been blessed with improved health, my journey is to help others.

I'm so glad the family is well and you too.

Take care, Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
troutscout
Member # 3121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for troutscout     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also...for long term help try taking the following supplements....

CLA and Acetyl-L-Carnitine

These both target fat as the primary source for energy...rather than carbohydrates ...how? They help transport long chain fatty acids for energy product.

In fact, athletes use this to target the mid section specifically.

The Acetyl-L-Carnitine is also known to help with mood.

Trout [Wink]

--------------------
Now is the time in your life to find the "tiger" within.
Let the claws be bared,
and Lyme BEWARE!!!
www.iowalymedisease.com
[/URL]  -

Posts: 5262 | From North East Iowa | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement