LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO BETTY G!!!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO BETTY G!!!!!
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey everyone! Please send your greetings to Betty G!! It's her birthday today [the 24th]!!

Hope you have a GREAT ONE, Betty!! [woohoo]

-

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tutu, thank you so much for my special birthday posting! Yes, I turned 57 today.

I had a hard day Thurs. recuperating from my brain mri. So tired; tubing down my throad caused me to get a bronchitis cough, and canker sore on right side of my mouth. I napped all day long off & on.

I'll go see my 4 nursing homes ladies today as I have or 14-15 years. 2 are 99 now; 1 87.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blackbirdsings
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7972

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackbirdsings     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Betty, Have a very Happy Birthday!!!

I hope today will be a joyous day for you :-)

Have a wonderful time visiting your friends.

I hope you get to celebrate your day some today!

-Blackbirdsings

Posts: 114 | From USA | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
URsodeer2me
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2258

Icon 1 posted      Profile for URsodeer2me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope you have a wonderful birthday!!! [Smile]
Posts: 167 | From Sunny side of the street | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michelle M
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michelle M   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have a wonderful birthday, Betty! Hope you have some news soon on your MRI!

Michelle

Posts: 3193 | From Northern California | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andie333
Member # 7370

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andie333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy Birthday, Betty G!

[woohoo]

May it be a wonderful one!!!!

Andie

Posts: 2549 | From never never land | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hopeful123
Member # 3244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopeful123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
happy, happy day!!!!

you are a youngster, dear

[group hug]

--------------------
some days you're the bug, some days you're the windshield  -

Posts: 1160 | From NY | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth in MN
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8466

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elizabeth in MN   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy birthday, Bettyg!

--------------------
Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first.
Come visit my blog! http://forcesofnature.wordpress.com/

Posts: 126 | From Minnesota | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trails
Member # 1620

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trails     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Posts: 1950 | From New Mexico | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chroniccosmic
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7789

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chroniccosmic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy Birthday Betty!

57 is still young! I love reading all your posts and am quite thankful that you are on this site.

Hope your birthday is good! [hi]

Posts: 460 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trueblue
Member # 7348

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trueblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope you have a Happy Birthday and many better years to come, Betty!  -

--------------------
more light, more love
more truth and more innovation

Posts: 3783 | From somewhere other than here | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Holly135
Member # 8819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Holly135     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy Birthday!
Posts: 19 | From Georgia | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Everyone, you have really made my birthday! Always nice to get a friendly, sincere BD wish from friends, and you onliners are JUST THE BEST there ever was.

Hubby just stopped in and asked if I'd heard from anyone, so I read him ALL your responses, and he loved hearing your nicknames, "where you are from", and your different signature lines. We laughed a lot. Time for my quick nap before the nursing home.

Thank you dear ones; may God bless you/family and SHOW us the way to remission from this God-awful LYME disease. There is still hope.

HOPEFUL, after reading your post; couldn't help but wonder what your age is, and is that why you are "hopeful"? LOL [Big Grin]
Bettyg

MizMo
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8389

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MizMo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

--------------------
http://scottsbt.com/maureen/mo2.htm

Posts: 145 | From Mystic Island, NJ 08087 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pocono Lyme
Member # 5939

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pocono Lyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Block your ears Betty
Here goes

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday Dear Betty

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU

You Youngin' You

Many Many More Healthy and Happy years with the dear husband.

[kiss] [group hug]

--------------------
2 Corinthians 12:9-11

9 But he said to me, �My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.� Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ�s power may rest on me.

Posts: 1445 | From Poconos, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
5dana8
Member # 7935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5dana8   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy Birthday Betty [kiss]

and many many more [Smile]

We all appreciate and care for you

Lots of birthday hugs here [group hug]

--------------------
5dana8

Posts: 4432 | From some where over the rainbow | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AZURE WISH
Member # 804

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AZURE WISH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy Birthday!!!!

Hopefully your mri will come back showing what you want it to...

wouldnt that be a nice birthday present.

I am so glad we have you on this board

[group hug]

Best wishes [Smile]

--------------------
multiple chemical sensitvity group:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/multiplechemicalsensitivities

Group for artists. All media welcome:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/creativecorner

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Lyme_Artist

Posts: 3860 | From nj,usa | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nan
Member # 63

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All the Best to You, Betty, on your special day!

happy birthday

[woohoo]

--------------------
nan

Posts: 2135 | From Tick Country | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Biting Back
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6018

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Biting Back     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HAPPY BIRTHDAY
B E T T Y

--------------------
 -

Posts: 703 | From Almost Heaven | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HEATHERKISS
Member # 6789

Icon 10 posted      Profile for HEATHERKISS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

--------------------
HEATHER

-

Posts: 1974 | From ABERDEEN, NJ 07747 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Heather, Biting Back, Azure Wish, Nan, Dana, Pocono, and MizMo,

Heartfelt THANK YOUS to each of you for making my day that much better.

Such creative graphics and singing the BD song! [kiss] Yes, I did take out my ear plugs now! [Big Grin]

You've each made me feel loved, wanted, and part of this special "lyme team" of support/education!

I remember this quote: It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice! [Smile]
Hope I'm the later; not the first.

It's also a wonderful feeling that I have contributed to this board and to other lymies. THAT's what makes my day.

You all have brought tears to my eyes; 45 minutes left of my special day.

Visited the nursing home as usual. 1 of my 99 yr. old domino playing friends is dying right now..so sad. She was so spry and her mind was like a 20 yr. old until 2 yrs. ago when she got the flu bad.

Went out for BBQ KFChicken supper...my favorite food...finger-lickin good.

My 18 yr. old niece/boyfriend called & stopped by for 30 min. before going to new movie in town. She'll be graduating mid May. Her Mom/my late sister died when AShley was 11; so she & her brother 4 yrs. older have had it rough since 1999.
Goodness, time to quit my book length thank you. [Cool] Bettyg

cbb
Member # 788

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cbb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good morning, BettyG.

Sending lots of late, but very sincere, HAPPY BIRTHDAY WISHES!!
We'll just spread out the celebration.

You're a special lady & deserve nothing but the best!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY from South Carolina!!

Posts: 4638 | From South Carolina | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just don
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am always a week late on all the GOOD things in life. Happy Birthday "Betty".

I cant even think of doing all that fun picture thingees!! wAY to fancy for my ability

Hope it was a great day ad every one since and after are even better!!!Because I am --just don--

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

CBB/Carol and Just Don,
Thank you both for your wishes today; pinch day [Embarrassed] but glad I'm here on my pc away from all those "pinch" fingers!

Yes, we have such talented, creative members here with those gorgious graphics. The red roses took my breath away as well as others.

Thank you also for the nice, sincere compliments; they are appreciated.
Bettyg

SAK
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7387

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SAK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!
Sorry I'm late. Lyme just gave me the power to check the board.

I hope you enjoyed your day, and I hope you have a wonderful, healthy year.

Best wishes.

--------------------
Be well,
SAK
 -

Posts: 371 | From Up North | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
laserred
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6796

Icon 2 posted      Profile for laserred     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Better late then never...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BETTY!!!!

I hope you had a wonderful birthday, Betty...

You definately deserve a wonderful birthday and much much more! Your a super lady...glad we have you here!

What beautiful roses you got!!!

Have a great year!!!

sorry so late... [bonk]

--------------------
"Life is mostly froth and bubble;
Two things stand like stone;
Kindness in another's trouble;
And courage in your own."
TTFN -laserred-

Posts: 493 | From MidWest NorthWoods | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Sak, Laserred, and all,

Today was my BD celebration with 3 close classmates; we call ourselves, THE CLASSICS!

We started out at my house for a silk flower design arranging afternoon! I was their "teacher" LOL. They brought their vases, and Nancy brought countless bags of her flower supply. I added some to her collection.

Then my 94-yr. old aunt to be in early April, stopped by. She'd driven 35 miles to get 4 wedding cards. She had emergency hernia surgery & got out of hospital xmas day. She told hubby she just renewed her driver's license for another2 years! Every year she talks about NOT renewing it. She still drives 2 hrs. to Cedar Rapids to visit her niece/family on hubby's side.
Bless her heart; she thinks it's wrong of me to be on internet talking to "total strangers that you never know about; I don't like it"!

Nancy and Jane brought me a lovely bouquet of cut flowers in a vase from the 3 of them; lovely upper. While at Flowerarma, Nancy's friend was working and they were going to throw some chipped/damaged vases away, so Nancy grabbed them.

One was an adorable black & white CAT vase 6-7" tall. They gave that to Carolyn so she made a cute "tiny" flowers of various colors in there; cute. She knows her 2 cats, Amos & Andy, will get into them.

Carolyn also bought a lovely high-quality vase of her Mom's w/orange tone color at top. Nancy had some orange colored flowers of solids & wispy flowers that looked in it.

Then Carolyn brought a heavy crystal colored 4" vase w/clear-colored marbles BUT not enough. She was sticking purple, pink, & white silk flowers in there, but the marbles wouldn't hold them up. So she/we kept kidding her about not having enough marbles to work with. Laughter..precious, cheap medicine!

Nancy ended up with a bluish, purple, and white low design. She took some brightly colored SHINY green leaves & taped them to the cut-off metal stems we were throwing away. It was darling.

Jane had an off-white 7" x 4" basket. I gave them all some white baby's breath to use for foliage to cover up the foam. She chose blue for her livingroom colors. I kidded her she needed to find some RED flowers for a patriotic basket. She did & it came out adorable. Nancy had 3 little stars on a string, so that was added to the basket handle.

I had some of those gold, glittery, tall "tornado" like sticks, and they all used them in their arrangements.

My 99 yr. old friend is dying, so I made up a gold sunflower of 2 sized flowers & white baby's breath arrangement for her funeral/visitation from me. Thought I could just as well as get this done now so I'm ready in the next few days when she passes on.

Then we 4 ladies went to Perkin's to eat off their "senior 55" menu. Had a delicious meal. When the waiter took our orders, I told him I'd go first since I was the birthday girl! The classics picked up my meal as well! Quite a surprise.

After we finished our meals & declined desert, he informed me I had a BIRTHDAY piece of pie coming: either lemon or carmel turtle. Of course, I chose carmel turtle. DUMB ME with my diabetes 2. I hadn't done anything that stupid since my dx 15 months ago. I don't want to do my blood sugar for awhile so it can return to normal.

It was so much fun being with my friends from being friends w/Nancy since babies & farm neighbors as well, and friends since age 5 w/Jane & Carolyn.

I highly recommend this type of FUN entertainment to you folks of whatever interest you have to share with family/friends while fighting your lyme disease.

Thank you for asking how my birthday went. Still coughing a little, but my ribs don't hurt when I cough or laugh now.
Bettyg

C

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement