LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » I have a secret Angel!!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I have a secret Angel!!!!
URsodeer2me
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2258

Icon 1 posted      Profile for URsodeer2me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been out of it for about nine days now. I am in pain and not doing too much. Yesterday, I needed a chance to regroup and think so I went for a drive, and then a walk in the woods.

I had a dear friend who I thought gave up on me, and I was saddened and depressed because I loved this person and thought they loved me also.

As I was walking I stopped at a favorite tree and there was a gift for me. This is a secret spot no one really knows about and to find this gift for me was amazing.

It was a beachy item wall hanging from a Carribean Island or Florida. This brought sunlight into my heart and made me feel warm all over.

My angel is still looking out for me and actually wanted to know where I was?

Anyway, going for a drive after an awful nine days turned out to be the best decision I've made in awhile.

I know who my angel is but I didn't think they cared anymore.....I have a renewed faith in myself and others.

I just thought I'd share this because it was a wonderful ocurrence for me after suffering a hard time.

May g-d bless everyone of you with magical moments of love. [group hug]

Posts: 167 | From Sunny side of the street | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andie333
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7370

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andie333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
UR,

I have to tell you how much I loved hearing about your drive and your treasure. The truth is, it sounds like you actually found two treasures -- the physical gift, and the intangible renewal of your friendship.

Having Lyme, I've noticed, tends to bring out the best and the worst in me and in the other people in my life.

On the one hand, some of the people I thought I could count on have simply not been there at all. It was as if they took one look at the situation and walked the other way -- usually without explanation.

But others have stepped up -- sometimes in really dramatic ways and other times in ways that were much more subtle but no less powerful.

One morning, I awakened and found a teeny tiny milk glass vase filled with wildflowers at the back door. As with you, it happened on a day when I was feeling pretty bereft and abandoned.

And that one act of anonymous generosity changed my whole day.

Thank you again for sharing your day and for reminding me of similar things in my own Lyme life.

Andie

Posts: 2549 | From never never land | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
URsodeer2me
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2258

Icon 1 posted      Profile for URsodeer2me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Andie you are welcome, and it was a treat sharing this with you all. You know how wonderful the feeling is by having shared your story.

I needed that yesterday.....I really did.

Posts: 167 | From Sunny side of the street | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hopeful123
Member # 3244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopeful123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow, that's so moving andee and ur!!

last night after my llmd apt. i decided to force myself to go to my course in miracles mtg. i hardly ever make anymore because i am too tired.

course in miracles has been a life changing practice and the group is pretty indispensable to my spirituality and my life.

when i say force, i had to talk myself through every step of the way, not taking the easy way of turning back home and safe, boring tv and comfy bed.

the reward of traveling an hour each way on top of a two hour meeting was to see that everyone was as happy to sse me as i, them. the leader said, you have to come back next week, 'cause we need to hear your point of view.

wow. i even could take that in a bit.

of course today i am totally wiped out, got to work late w/ no make-up on, dirty hair - 'cause i didn't have time or energy to shower. not at all productive today, but content in my heart.

--------------------
some days you're the bug, some days you're the windshield  -

Posts: 1160 | From NY | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
UR and Andie,
Both of your stories just made me shiver, and I felt everything you were saying in my heart. It was such a "feel good" reading.

Glad you got your upper when you needed it UR.

UR, my hubby really loved your signature line; sometimes you are the bug; other days you are the windshield! He couldn't stop laughing so YOU made his day.

My best to all of you for rediscovering these magical moments when you least expect it.

Yesterday, with 2 birthday cards I received a thank you from the family of 1 of the 99 yr. old ladies I see every Friday afternoon. I've been bringing my home-grown flowers for years and making her a vase full, etc.

Tuesday was her 99th birthday, so I took some of my carnation/mum BD bouquet I treated myself to earlier, and made up 3 bud vases of flowers for 3 ladies I see. The daughter wrote me a nice thank you for caring for her Mom with kindness.

She has macular degeneration and can barely see, but we play dominos every Friday....bless her heart. When my alzheimer's friend & I start arguing, she'l say to the 2 of us, "NOW CHILDREN"... what a sweetheart!

My other, dear 99-yr. old friend is now in her dying process. We had so much fun, and so "creative" with her domino playing.

[ 25. March 2006, 03:03 PM: Message edited by: bettyg ]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MizMo
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8389

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MizMo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's marvelous to have that reaffirmation of friendship. The ones who stick with us are so few and far between!

~Miz Mo

--------------------
http://scottsbt.com/maureen/mo2.htm

Posts: 145 | From Mystic Island, NJ 08087 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's so cool!! What a nice thread! [Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aligondo Bruce
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6219

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aligondo Bruce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I often wish that I had a secret angel.

ideally, she'd be about 5'4", brown hair, blue eyes, smooth tan skin, pretty smile.

Posts: 523 | From Stillwater,OK,USA | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cbb
Member # 788

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cbb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for sharing your stories!
They remind us that a kind deed, no matter how small, can have a tremendous effect on someone else.

Mother Teresa said:
"We can do no great things: only small things with great love."

Posts: 4638 | From South Carolina | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement