LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Only 25 people went to Dr Jones' hearing on Thursday

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Only 25 people went to Dr Jones' hearing on Thursday
vitch
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vitch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought there would be a huge crowd. I'm flabbergasted that so few of us went to support Dr J at his hearing.

I intend to go to the next hearing on May 25. I hope many of you will go to support Dr Jones. This saint of a man deserves many more than 25 people.

I'm as guilty as anyone. I didn't go to the last one but I'm going to the next one.

--------------------
[email protected]

www.lymediseaseassociation.org/Conflicts.doc

Worthless tests & labs, a dangerous vaccine, insurance companies refuse to pay, undertreatment the norm, all about money. MO.

Posts: 281 | From CT | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OH my! That's terrible!!! Where were all the PARENTS????? [tending sick children, probably!] We all need to support him!

I don't think I can afford the trip to CT, but there should be plenty of Lyme patients in the area who could.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lou
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 81

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I don't know what was organized elsewhere, but the notice given here was only one day, which is not really long enough for people to make plans.

It may also have been feared that a big crowd would be hard to control, to keep them orderly in the face of such an obvious miscarriage of justice.

Posts: 8430 | From Not available | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
valymemom
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7076

Icon 1 posted      Profile for valymemom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Months ago the local lyme DC organization talked about getting a bus to go to the hearing. Many signed up to be notified about details but nothing was organized. (I imagine Dr. J.'s legal team was calling the shots.)

If the legal team wants 60 people attending the next time......let it be known..... and I am sure many would car pool & make arrangements.

I think all of us would do anything for this saint......we just need to be asked.

Posts: 1240 | From Centreville,VA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shazdancer
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 1436

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shazdancer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uh...

I was there.

I counted 60 people, including the "front row," which were mostly people directly involved with the case.

Lou, you got it right. They didn't want a lot of people. But everyone was extremely well-behaved, and I think we can continue that.

I like the idea of being a silent presence at these hearings, taking notes, showing those present that we will remember what is being done and said. The attorney can competently speak for us. He is very good.

Regards,
Shaz

Posts: 1558 | From the Berkshires | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
humanbeing
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8572

Icon 1 posted      Profile for humanbeing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't know about it till too late...and I was too sick at the time.

But if all goes well, I will be there in May. I donated to his fund and will give as much support to him as is possible.

Best,

--------------------
We are spiritual beings on a human journey...

www.ruggierogallery.com

Posts: 906 | From CT | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement