LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » In trouble...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: In trouble...
Linda LD
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6663

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Linda LD     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yesterday I missed work because my little boy had the croup the night before.

I also slept all day yesterday. My husband called me at 6:30pm to tell me he was coming home from work and I didn't know if it was morning or night or what was going on when he woke me up.

So I missed work and they are going to take me to part time now.

I am so tired I almost feel like saying--o.k.--see you tomorrow--I'm going home to sleep.

What are we going to do? We are so indebt.

I wish they would just tell me--I think they don't fire me because then they would have to pay unemployment...

I just want to go home and sleep...say a little prayer I don't cry!

During the first meeting I just cried and cried and cried...

Thank you ahead of time for the support.

If you don't hear from me again then they fired me, YIPPI.

Linda

Posts: 1171 | From Knoxville, TN US | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Linda, it's time to look into applying for SSDI, social security disability insurance benefits, or SSI! See below for some help.

You have to be off work 6 months before applying, but you could do the homework now IF you are able or have family/friends get involvd in putting a successful app ready to be APPROVED 1st time, 1st try!

IF YOU ARE TRYING TO GET SS DISABILITY INSURANCE BENEFITS

Hi! I know what you mean about memory & typing, etc....it's the pits!

I do suggest you join the FREE DISINISSUES and read thoroughly or just print it all off of the FEMALE MD with chronic fatigue, etc. she gives wonderful, detailed examples that DDS, disability reps, want to approve/deny you.

Also have you looked thru the ADULT APPROVED LIST OF IMPAIRMENTS? That's critical also!

http://www.ssa.gov/disability/professionals/bluebook/1.00-Musculoskeletal-Adult.htm

note 1.04; look at the rest of the 14 other specific areas too....

I printed off 1-14 sections showing what brief guidelines were for each section.

I used that against ALL my medical reocrds, 3" thick!! Then I went to their DETAILED specifics for the sections that applied to my illnesses!

TIMECONSUMING....TOOK ALL 7 WEEKS from my notice of my ALJ hearing date!

So you have NOT submitted your INITIAL APP TO SS OFFICE, correct? Good, you want this to be as complete as possible so they can NOT turn you down on the 1st step as they do us all!!

What I did with an online friend was this: prepared a chart noting the specific
section of 1 - 14 that my diagnosed illnesses showed the wording, dr. seen & date.

Example, 14.09 LYME disease is mentioned in but doesn't give any examples. So I showed 14.09 with my drs. name & date plus specific details about each visit where lyme symptoms were stated..

I hope you have a copy of ALL MEDICAL REPORTS...drs., xrays, all blood labs.

It's critical that you KEEP A COPY FOR YOURSELF!

On mine, I showed the date mailed to ALJ & LAWYER PLUS I kept a copy.

Then I went to copy center nearby & copied and mailed promptly to lawyer per his request.

WHY THIS IS IMPORTANT: if you have an ALJ hearing, request thru your local SS office to REVIEW your complete SSDI app at THEIR local office!
When you see things you submitted with your writing on, don't look at them!

Look & read only the secretative RFC & MFC done by the the in-staff DDS DRS/PSYCHOOGISTS! You want to make copies of ALL the stuff they have &
other stuff you don't have so you can use that info against them!

good lawyer list from disinissues
http://www.cfids-me.org/disinissues/lawyers.html

RFC link is: http://pbcers.org/rfcq.htm

ACTIVITY DAILY LOG, ADL link is:
http://f4.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/oHfvQzZLYvcfvmUv
V4L_ayW4_l5PFECbH9UA2BR_YfE66JZ0ZSxttbcO7NZqu
HpjUfnUxG9wWuH7WPXAzrR7YqCnrsO80V5hSxJwduQ/
Activities%20of%20Daily%20Living%20questionnaire

At moment, can NOT find MFC questionnaire, but look at site on links/files. It is there but not visible to my eyes presently.

NOTE: I'D DO THIS DIFFERENTLY NOW!
SEND 1 COPY TO ALJ and 1 to your lawyer! Lawyer did NOT SEND MY REPORTS TO DDS STAFF PROMPTLY; they didn't see many things when they denied me although I had good medical info!

Examples, 2 RFC, residual function capacity done by PCP dr. of 26 yrs. & rheumatologist;

plus 2 MFC, mental function capacity, done by psychiatrist & psychologist....
the 1st person was the one judge used in APPROVING my 2nd claim for severe depression/effective disorder & anxiety.

ALJ's don't like working with LYME, FIBRO, CHRONIC FATIGUE.

MENTAL is on approved list of adult approved impairment list! So don't fight it, go with it!

IF YOU ARE TRYING TO GET SS DISABILITY INSURANCE BENEFITS

This message is sent upon subscription, and again monthly.
Please let the moderators know if any of the links have changed.

There are several links found by clicking on 'Links' on the
website or by going directly to
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Disinissues/links

There are many more links, as well as advice, in the "useful" messages
in the Files area of the website. Go to
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Disinissues
and click on Files.

BETTY NOTE: Look at the female MD's DETAILED BACKGROUND right below this paragraph. Print off her detailed responses as to why she could
NOT do her job, and then apply that to YOUR own job as to why you no longer
can do any type of sustainable work now nor in the foreseeable future!

http://www.cfids-me.org/socsec.html

These links are a compilation of several areas of interest which are commonly requested and mentioned. They reflect the collected wisdom
of this group. Check them out - you just might find the information you were looking for! Take a look at Files that are not specific to
your situation, because they might be helpful anyway - what works for Social Security may work for LTD claims, what applies to CFS may apply
to your medical condition.

The Welcome Message and Group Guidelines are also in Files, if you need a refresher on how this group works.

You must register with Yahoo to use the website, but note:

Be careful not to permit your address to be put into the directory when you register. Put as little as possible into your public profile.
You do not need a Yahoo address to use the website. Your email address is what Yahoo calls your "alternate address."

Contact the moderators at
[email protected]
or for AOL subscribers:
Click here
-----------------------------------------~-->
Disinissues website -
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Disinissues

To reach the list moderators, write to:
[email protected]

DO NOT FORWARD ANY MESSAGE FROM Disinissues
WITHOUT PRIOR WRITTEN PERMISSION FROM THE AUTHOR
Do not distribute any member's email address.

NO MESSAGE ON THIS LIST IS TO BE CONSTRUED AS LEGAL ADVICE

Yahoo! Groups Links
To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Disinissues/
To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
[email protected]
Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.

An online friend of mine from disinissues web site posted this info today, so I have copied it over here.

Subject: fibro/CFS disability info [Disinissues] what does an Functional Capacity
Exam entail?

Lyme, fibro, & CFS support group members who are/will be filing for SS Disability insurance benefits, please go to the web page shown below.

There were 9 pages of info I printed below area where you can order from fibro
network a 70 page packet. I too plan on including this info when I send my
FINAL packet of info to chief alj before my June 16, 05 hearing...my last chance!

Please read the site mentioned on: WHY DISABILITY TESTING FOR FMS
IS OFTEN MISLEADING ADVICE FOR FM/CFS PATIENTS AND THEIR DISABILITY TEAM.....

Also after this article are the following articles:

WHAT COULD BE CAUSING DELAYED-PHASE FLARES?

BENNETT'S METHOD FOR ASSESSING FUNCTION IN FMS..

TECTONIC CHANGES IN DISABILITY LAW by lawyer Joshua Potter,
CALIF.

MEDICALLY DETERMINABLE IMPAIRMENT REQUIREMENTS FOR CFS & FMS

DOCUMENTIONATION...VIEW IT AS AN INSURANCE POLICY

I printed this out in larger print for my eyes....9 pages! Will read it thoroughly

and mark up 2nd copy to go to ALJudge for my 2nd hearing as medical evidence also.

Bettyg, Iowa

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aniek
Member # 5374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aniek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Linda,

Does your employer know about your illness and that you need time off directly related to it? If so, you may have some protection under the Americans with Disabilities Act. It's not an easy law to get protection under, but if you never tell the employer you are sick then they have no responsibility.

--------------------
"When there is pain, there are no words." - Toni Morrison

Posts: 4711 | From Washington, DC | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Linda LD
Member # 6663

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Linda LD     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The meeting is scheduled for tomorrow.

They know I am sick and they know my husband and children are sick.

when my child was having hallucinations this was the only people I told because I was having to go to the doctor and take him to so many doctors.

It is a really small family owned business--do they still have to follow the rules for American for Disabilities Act?

I contacted a lawyer about disability--they told me to file and when I was turned down they would help me.

Thank you,
linda

Posts: 1171 | From Knoxville, TN US | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymesly
Member # 8528

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymesly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm so sorry, Linda. : (

Oh, that is so hard.

Susan

Posts: 92 | From Shepherdstown, WV | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hopeful123
Member # 3244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopeful123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Linda,

I am sorry it's so tough for you and your family right now. I googled americans with disabilities act and came up with this link for FAQ. Hope something here gives you some guidelines.

http://www.dol.gov/odep/faqs/main.htm

I know the broke thing really get old after a while.

Good luck

[group hug]

--------------------
some days you're the bug, some days you're the windshield  -

Posts: 1160 | From NY | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh Linda...Im so sorry! Let us know how it comes out, OK??

I'll be praying for you!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Linda LD
Member # 6663

I love you guys--I honestly don't know what I would have done without you for the last 2 years!

I'll let you know how it goes.

linda

Deb
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4393

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Linda,

Check your private messages; I just sent one along.

Debbie

Posts: 162 | From RI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[group hug]
we'll be thinking about you!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Linda LD
Member # 6663

They are not going to pay my unemployment!

Because I am being fired with "cause" I wont get my unemployment. the cause is that I have missed work when me or my kids were sick.

I called a lawyer and he KNEW the company! He has represented other people in my boat and they LOST! He wanted me to know I could lose $500!

He told me to come to work and work until they tell me to go home--so here I have sat since 8:00am! This is so crazy and MEAN! Why would someone act like this? They should be ASHAMED!

Oh well, I gotta get back to work!

Linda

Elizabeth in MN
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8466

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elizabeth in MN   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Linda, I am so sorry. I had to go through the private disability and SSDI thing, and it is just insane. No sick person -- or WELL person -- should have to go through that system.

Hang in there, and let your lawyer take care of it, if you can. Our lawyer was worth every penny. We won the private disability on the first appeal. I just reused all that paperwork for SSDI, and got it the first time round.

Good luck. Keep us posted.

Warmly,
Elizabeth

--------------------
Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first.
Come visit my blog! http://forcesofnature.wordpress.com/

Posts: 126 | From Minnesota | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cantgiveupyet
Member # 8165

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cantgiveupyet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Linda,

hang in there OK. Ive been thru the muddy waters as well with my employer, the short term disability company too. It isnt right, we are sick!!! But being sick is a liability to companies looking out for their bottom line. Sad but true.

Just try to focus on your health because that is the most important thing right now.

[group hug]

--------------------
"Say it straight simple and with a smile."

"Thus the task is, not so much to see what no one has seen yet,
But to think what nobody has thought yet, About what everybody sees."

-Schopenhauer

pos babs, bart, igenex WB igm/igg

Posts: 3156 | From Lyme limbo | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Linda LD
Member # 6663

The boss lady came and joked around with me. This is so confusing!

I guess they will keep me for 2 weeks until they replace me. The crazy part is I'm not full time material but they want me part time! Went on and on and about how creative I am and what good work I do!

This is just insane!

It is all about not wanting to pay my unemployment.

*BIG SIGH*

I just wish they would tell me!

God bless everyone.

lin

hopeful123
Member # 3244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopeful123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
they sound like corporate pigs all right!!

it just doesn't sound right to me, but i'm no expert.

you have my empathy and support!!

long live corporate america [Big Grin]

--------------------
some days you're the bug, some days you're the windshield  -

Posts: 1160 | From NY | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aniek
Member # 5374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aniek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Linda,

The ADA covers employers who have 15 or more employees. But the time off you need would have to be for your own disability, and therefore not because of your son.

--------------------
"When there is pain, there are no words." - Toni Morrison

Posts: 4711 | From Washington, DC | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just don
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Linda LD,
Sounds like ALOT of sewage to me. Speaking of sewage, how did your OTHER project turn out???
Will be thinking good thoughts and winging them your way. Employers definately look out for themselves FIRST.
I remain--just don--

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Linda LD
Member # 6663

Hi Don!

The story seems to be they don't want us to be on their insurance. We have never been on their insurance and I told them I wouldn't use their insurance--my husbands new job is "Cadillac" insurance and hubby's employeer is VERY happy with him. He is herxing on the weekends.

I am going to ask if they could let me work full time until the kids go to school in august and then I can go part time.

The truth is working part time this summer would cost us money between daycare, gas, lunch and wear and tear on the truck--we would be losing money...

Don, we got the sewage pipe all fixed up! I had raw sewage (septic tank) expossed out in the yard for at least 6 weeks while we had to get a new septip tank lid! It takes all the fun out of "walking the yard" when it smells like sewage!

How are you feeling? How are the "girls?"

Thank you for all your kind words and warm thoughts,
Linda

lalyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8964

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lalyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Praying for you so much. This disease makes us all shed so many tears. Thinking good thoughts for you.
Posts: 298 | From los angeles | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just don
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Linda,
So where or what was broke on your pipe??? Which pipe???
Girls are fine and I am NOT talking about "ME",
you DONT "even" WANT to know!!!
I get alot more charge out of helping others than myself it seems cause I remain--just don--

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement