LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Maggie dog did not make it thru

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Maggie dog did not make it thru
hannahsnana9
Member # 9067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hannahsnana9     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just wanted to thank you to everyone who gave me support while maggie was ill. Maggie girl passed away at 10:30 this morning. My heart is breaking and don't know how to go on at this point. It is already a lonely and empty house without her. We brought her home to bury so she may be with her family even in the end. I never knew losing a pet would hurt this much. Thank you once again.
Hannahsnana9

Posts: 3 | From coopersburg,pa | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AZURE WISH
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 804

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AZURE WISH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so sorry for your loss. I know how hard it is to lose a loved furry member of the family.

I think it is harder when it is illness that takes them from us.

It gets easier. It turns from the darkness of greif to the light of all the happy memories of her.

Best Wishes [Smile]

--------------------
multiple chemical sensitvity group:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/multiplechemicalsensitivities

Group for artists. All media welcome:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/creativecorner

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Lyme_Artist

Posts: 3860 | From nj,usa | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andie333
Member # 7370

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andie333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so sorry you lost your wonderful dog; I know how hard this is and how big the loss can feel firsthand.

Azure's right...it does get better, but that takes time. I still listen for the sound of our springer's collar and tags when we come into the house. And she died two years ago.

In similar times, it's helped me to make a photo collage and keep it in a prominent place.

A big hug to you all

Andie

Posts: 2549 | From never never land | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cantgiveupyet
Member # 8165

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cantgiveupyet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hang in there and many hugs.

It is very difficult to loose a pet. I lost 3 cats in one year...2 from cancer and one due to old age.

Time really does help, I now have pictures hanging up in memory of my cats.

a poem called Rainbow bridge is a good poem to read....(warning it will make you cry)..but it helped me somewhat.

Take as much time as you need.

[group hug]

--------------------
"Say it straight simple and with a smile."

"Thus the task is, not so much to see what no one has seen yet,
But to think what nobody has thought yet, About what everybody sees."

-Schopenhauer

pos babs, bart, igenex WB igm/igg

Posts: 3156 | From Lyme limbo | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dmc
Member # 5102

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dmc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In Honor of Maggie, hope this is a comfort, although I still cry when I read it. Hugs to you.

"Rainbow Bridge Crossings"

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal close to us dies, that pet goes to the Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water, and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. Her bright eyes are intent; her eager body begins to quiver. Suddenly she begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, her legs carrying her faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together.

Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together....

Author Unknown

Posts: 2675 | From ct, usa | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh man! I'm SOOOO sorry to hear this! I'm there for ya, hun. [group hug] Losing a pet IS VERY DIFFICULT!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymesly
Member # 8528

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymesly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, that is so sad. I'm so sorry.

Susan

Posts: 92 | From Shepherdstown, WV | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melanie Reber
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 3707

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melanie Reber   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm so sorry Hannah.
Posts: 7052 | From Colorado | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kelmo
Member # 8797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kelmo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Grieving with you. They take a piece of you with them. Walk through the pain, and the sun will come out sooner. Your friend was VERY fortunate to have you to care for her. So sorry for you loss.

Kelly

Posts: 2903 | From AZ | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My sympathies to you on Maggie's passing. Please go below to my sympathy poems found below. You might find something there to comfort you too although they were written for people and not pets as the beautiful Rainbow poem was; ok.

DMC, please copy your rainnbow poem and paste to my SYMPATHY POEMS post. It can be found in TREEPATROL'S NEWBIE LINKS ... right at the end of ALL his links. It's beautiful.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Linda LD
Member # 6663

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Linda LD     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so very sorry.

My prayers and thoughts are with you and Maggie at this time.

God bless,
Linda

Posts: 1171 | From Knoxville, TN US | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
iceskater
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8655

Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceskater     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I cried reading your post. My one cat has heart problems, the other little guy has asthma, and I have the neuro lyme and about in the wheelchair. I can't imagine your loss, as I can't imagine going through lyme without my boys.

God bless you and treasure every minute that you had the love of a four footed soul that knew no limits to love or friendship. No matter how ill I am, my babies never abandon me. I can only hope that one day on the rainbow bridge, we will all be together well, no pain, no lyme, no tears. Until that day, stay strong and cherish every ounce of that love in your heart.

God bless you and I will keep you in my prayers.

Posts: 719 | From Delaware | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SunRa
Member # 3559

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SunRa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so saddened by this news [Frown] I know there are few words that could comfort you during this time, but I truly empathize with what you're going through and understand that feeling of emptiness and loneliness. The grieving process is a lonnng road, but I promise you that someday all the good memories of times you spent with Maggie will fill up the hole in your heart and replace the loneliness with love and laughter.

When my dogs passed away, I was so depressed that I too didnt think it would be possible to go on, but I am slowly finding ways to feel more at peace with everything. And eventually you will too.

Although I still think about my other dogs everyday, when the time was right, two new dogs entered my life and have helped me tremendously with the healing process and filled that void inside me, comforting me, and making me smile again.

Dont forget, no matter how lonely the house feels, Maggie is still with you each and every day, eager to help you in any way she can.

While the grieving process is grueling for you, find comfort in the fact that Maggie is totally free of suffering now and eating whatever she wants, running, swimming, playing and as happy as can be with all her new friends on the rainbow bridge!

My thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time.

Posts: 1563 | From MA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement