LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » My Kitty is Taking the Big Dirt Nap W/Updated Thank You's To All

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My Kitty is Taking the Big Dirt Nap W/Updated Thank You's To All
daniella
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6753

Icon 5 posted      Profile for daniella     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep..it's true he is deathly ill..

I will be putting him down soon..sniff sniff..

He has been my faithfull companion through all of my illness..I have had him for 14 years...

this is soo..hard...

anyone have advice?...

daniella

[ 01. May 2006, 10:25 AM: Message edited by: daniella ]

--------------------
~Things may happen in my life time to change who I am but I refuse to let them reduce me...~

Posts: 968 | From private | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AWWWW, I'm so sorry! We had to put our border collie down many years ago. He was SOOO wonderful!

One thing I did was buy some flowers at the grocery store [small bunch] and put them on his grave. Made me feel a little better.

[group hug]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mlkeen
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 1260

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mlkeen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just love and hold him as much as you can before he goes. He no doubt understands he isn't well and wants to be with you too.
Posts: 1572 | From Pa | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol B
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My cat Bernie ws a straggly stray I brought into the house one snowy weekend with full intentions of putting him back out when the weather cleared-however i noticed he had an abcess on his ear, so when Monday morning came I took him to the vets instead with every intention of putting him back out when the ear was healed. However when the vet did routine blood work he told me Bernie was HIV positive and did I just want to put him down- I said NO!-this cat deserves some TLC in life before he dies.This all happened just before I was diagnosed, and Bernie has become the most loving, faithful, companion anyone could ask for. Many a nights he has been my solace, and I often wonder what I would have done without him.So now we are both hanging tough and taking care of each other. My heart goes out to you because I KNOW how much our animal soul mates can mean to us.
Blessings for both of you,
Carol

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol B
Unregistered

My cat Bernie ws a straggly stray I brought into the house one snowy weekend with full intentions of putting him back out when the weather cleared-however i noticed he had an abcess on his ear, so when Monday morning came I took him to the vets instead with every intention of putting him back out when the ear was healed. However when the vet did routine blood work he told me Bernie was HIV positive and did I just want to put him down- I said NO!-this cat deserves some TLC in life before he dies.This all happened just before I was diagnosed, and Bernie has become the most loving, faithful, companion anyone could ask for. Many a nights he has been my solace, and I often wonder what I would have done without him.So now we are both hanging tough and taking care of each other. My heart goes out to you because I KNOW how much our animal soul mates can mean to us.
Blessings for both of you,
Carol

Bluetick
Member # 8467

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bluetick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you read the Rainbow Bridge before?

It always makes me feel a bit better about losing a pet.

http://tinyurl.com/2mjj4

Posts: 98 | From MA | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trueblue
Member # 7348

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trueblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Daniella,
I'm so sorry, I doubt I can think of something helpful to say but I will get right on that pitcher of margaritas.

-
trueblue

--------------------
more light, more love
more truth and more innovation

Posts: 3783 | From somewhere other than here | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymemomtooo
Member # 5396

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymemomtooo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is horrible to loose a pet that you love. They become family..

Our small town paper has recently let pet owners post obits. It is a small way to have everyone remember with you.. lymemomtooo

Posts: 2360 | From SE PA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kelmo
Member # 8797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kelmo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We just put down our 14 year old dog. We talked a lot about the cute parts of his life and all the ways he loved us through the years.

I can't say it will be easy, you gotta walk through the pain or your body will grieve for you.

Your wonderful cat has loved you more than you know. Do not feel guilty for what you need to do, you are loving him by bringing him into a peaceful rest. Out in the wild, they don't fare so well.

One thing that helps me is to put together a grief, or honor book. It can be a collection of pictures, but you can add stories as they come to mind.

By the way, we just got a new puppy a couple of weeks ago. It's been a big adjustment, but he's bringing love and life back into our home.

I'm soooooooo sorry for you loss. I don't know what I'll do when our cat has to go.

Posts: 2903 | From AZ | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildCondor
Unregistered

I'm so sorry for you. I lost my beautiful golden tabby when i was really sick and it was just awful. I was at such a loss, and really lonely. 2 days later, my best friend brought over a new baby gold kitten. It was too soon, but by that night I was in love with my new kitty. Sometimes getting a new kitten helps. i didnt plan it but now my new kitty is my best friend and he is all grown up and big and beautiful. they are healers, the cats. I am so sorry.
 -

here is the Rainbow Bridge text.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

AZURE WISH
Member # 804

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AZURE WISH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so sorry. I know how hard it is to loose someone you love so much.

When I lost my little girl (a very sweet cat) I thought I was going to die.

It makes me feel better to keep her grave site up.

My dad bought a stone.(Its plastic it was around $20 or so... but it has her name and the dates on it)

I bought a little fence at walmart to stick in the ground. In the spring I plant a few flowers in her little fenced in area.

(She liked to smell flowers) and in the winter or if I am too sick to plant flowers in the spring I "plant" artifical flowers. They hold up pretty good and you can get them realitivly cheap.

I also bought one of those plastic hearts with fake flowers on it you stick in the ground. It makes me feel like I am still telling her I still care.

She helped me through some of the hardest times in my life. And I KNOW she watches over me still.

I was watching Sylvia Brown (a psycic) one day on Montel and she said that our furry friends don't really leave us. They come around us all the time.

I actually believe that and find it comforting.

You are in my thoughts at this most difficult time.

--------------------
multiple chemical sensitvity group:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/multiplechemicalsensitivities

Group for artists. All media welcome:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/creativecorner

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Lyme_Artist

Posts: 3860 | From nj,usa | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
santa_pax
Member # 8318

Icon 1 posted      Profile for santa_pax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Daniela

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your animal friend. I have wonderful bonds with my cats and I know what a grief comes with their loss. I had to put down my dear kitty last spring, which was a real heart-break.

I also think we people with chronic illnesses often develop stronger bonds with our pets than others, and we certainly have a unique perspective on loss itself due to our own health issues.

What helped me alot, strangely enough, was to carry several photos of my kitty and look at them often. To take quiet walks, cry if I needed, and reflect upon my kitty. Id imagine her walking with me.

Fortunately the vet who assisted us was very kind, and it helped ME alot to send some photos and a thank-you card to the vet office as an act of "closure".

I still have the "thank-you" message from the vet assistant on my answering machine...from a year ago!

s_pax

Posts: 58 | From Planet Earth | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
humanbeing
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8572

Icon 1 posted      Profile for humanbeing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Dan,
Saying a little prayer for you. Maybe this is the beginning of a new chapter in your life now that your health is returning.

Hang in there! [group hug]

--------------------
We are spiritual beings on a human journey...

www.ruggierogallery.com

Posts: 906 | From CT | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
5dana8
Member # 7935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5dana8   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Daniella

I am so very sorry to hear about your kitty going to cross over
they are such important parts in our family & lives.

may God give you the strength and time to heal
For now just be close to him/her and try and remember all the good times.
in my thoughts and prayers [kiss]

--------------------
5dana8

Posts: 4432 | From some where over the rainbow | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daniella
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6753

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daniella     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First of all I want to thank each of you as a group fro understanding and taking the time to share your story..

I want to tell you each how sorry I am for your losses..I know it is not easy..and your stories and empathy have really touched me, thank you all so much...

now...

Lymetoo, mlkeen, CarolB thank you for your support and kind words...

Oh Bluetick I am crying still from the site how beautiful...

I will go there many times to have a good cry I think!...lol.. [Wink]

[ 01. May 2006, 10:07 AM: Message edited by: daniella ]

--------------------
~Things may happen in my life time to change who I am but I refuse to let them reduce me...~

Posts: 968 | From private | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyme Gypsy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8842

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Lyme Gypsy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No advice. Just a lot of love and comfort sent your way.

Love & Light [kiss]

Posts: 188 | From NM | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daniella
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6753

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daniella     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sorry for the delay in thanking the rest of you...but I was bumped off and couldn't get back on...Anyone else having problems logging on?

true,..I'll see ya for Margaritas..soon [lick]

Kelmo, lymemomtoo, WildCondor, thank for your kind words..they really mean alot to me at this time ...

each of your experiences that all of you have shared give me some different info to base the decisions I have to make with the cat on...thanks [Wink]

--------------------

daniella
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6753

Azure wish..I was going to do the same thing...thanks for your words..

Santa..I am sorry for your loss as well..but appreciate your warm words..

human being...thanks, I was thinking the same thing like this is a different chapter now...thanks for being there..

--------------------

daniella
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6753

Thank you for the prayers 5Dana..I know they will help... [kiss]

And thank you so much for the love you are sernding Yemaya...much apprecia [hi] ted..

You guys on this board are just the best...THis is a little easier with your words of solice and advice thank you again...

luv,
daniella [kiss]

--------------------

daniella
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6753

up to thank all who replied...

--------------------

hopeful123
Member # 3244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopeful123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am truly sorry for your loss. I know it won't be easy, but you have us to lean on.
[group hug]

--------------------
some days you're the bug, some days you're the windshield  -

Posts: 1160 | From NY | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement