LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » chocolate breath!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: chocolate breath!
danq
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 2126

Icon 1 posted      Profile for danq   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well,
organic chocolate
really helped me with yeast infections when I was on IV... bittersweet, powder, with just a little sugar. That and a lot of yogurt. Nobody wanted to believe me when I posted that, long ago... but here I am, and there you are. [Wink]

But what I'm really here to say is...

BREATHE

(ok, who is this guy?)
(ask yer local tutu!)

Now for the part that makes sense:

I had Lyme for about 10 years, all told. (All was told, hereabouts, but maybe unavailable now?)

Finally, after 5 months of IV and assorted orals, 1 year of orals to followup, and a course of Artemisinin to top it off...

I ended up with:
  • no Lyme
  • real Parkinson's
  • no use of my right hand.
I think I wasn't breathing enough all that time.
After much experimentation, and concurrently with taking my Requip pills, I've concluded that - for me - the biggest factors in the severity of my Parkinson's (neuro) symptoms are:
  • sleep
  • aerobic excercise

I'm typing this with both hands.

The first - sleep - is easy for most of you, probably.
The second one is harder, but really makes the biggest difference for me, now that the Lyme is gone.

So, first, know yourself.
Figure out what a reasonable level of activity is for you.
Then do it. Do it even if it's boring as hell. It will help.

If all you have energy for is breathing, do that well.
Meditate on your breath, breathe deeply, breathe happily! Not all the time, that's weird!
I know it's hard. I've been there.
It takes a while, you must be patient. It might not even show until you get rid of those critters inside. But it will help.

Now I'm off to wander again... may you find your path to being well...
See y'all later!

-
Dan

Posts: 2420 | From Davis, California | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For the newbies....Meet the designer of the dancing TUTUS! [Smile]

Dan, sorry to hear that you really do have Parkinson's...but sounds like you're doing well?!
[woohoo]

So, we need to BREATHE?? Will do!!

And thanks for breathing life into the tutus
[bow] Dan!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lou
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 81

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wondered where you were all this time.

Sorry about the P.

Chocolate is my drug of choice.

That's a nifty traveling "breathe."

Posts: 8430 | From Not available | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treepatrol
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 4117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Long time no see glad your okay!

--------------------
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Remember Iam not a Doctor Just someone struggling like you with Tick Borne Diseases.

Newbie Links

Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sofy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5721

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sofy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chocolate every day for breakfast for me.

3 tablespoons organic cocoa
3 tablespoons ground organic walnuts, almonds or
pinch of green stevia to taste (me 1/4 tsp)
MIX with water

Add 1 hearty tablespoon olive oil, coconut oil or

Note: I use to use coconut oil and loved it but it made my cholesterol skyrocket so now I use olive oil.

Posts: 561 | From connecticut | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tabbytamer
Member # 3159

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tabbytamer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Dan,

I remember hearing about the Parkinsons a while back. So glad to hear from you [hi]

Thanks for the advice on the chocolate. Any excuse to eat chocolate, in any form, sounds like a plan for me [Cool]

BTW, my kitty still has her skirt on.

--------------------
Tabby

-

California Lyme support group

Posts: 2098 | From San Diego, CA, USA | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HaplyCarlessdave
Member # 413

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaplyCarlessdave   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

But what I'm really here to say is...
BREATHE
[/QB]

HeyThat'sPrettyCool!

..but best of all, it 's standard-- i.e., works on my "browser". (even though I didn't, uh, you know, ..'update'...(yeah right).... it this year!
DaveS...

Posts: 4567 | From ithaca, NY, usa | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sofy:
Note: I use to use coconut oil and loved it but it made my cholesterol skyrocket so now I use olive oil. [/QB]

/wow... I didn't know it could do that.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sofy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5721

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sofy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lymetoo

Yes coconut oil is suppose to lower your cholerterol. Im soooo special.

No doubt about it cuz when my gp asked me about any change in my diet I told him Id been eating lots of coconut oil the past several months

I stopped and the numbers came right down.

Nothing is an absolute for everyone.

Posts: 561 | From connecticut | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Thanks for the info!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

charlie
Member # 25

Icon 6 posted      Profile for charlie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Dan
Posts: 2804 | From Texas | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
minoucat
Member # 5175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for minoucat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very cool Danq, in all ways. Great to hear from you, especially to hear that you've been doing so well.

I gather that you're getting the organic chocolate in powder form? Any special brand?

BTW, someone else posted about organic chocolate a long time ago -- excessive lead has been found in processed chocolates, including some organic brands (most famously, Dagoba had to recall their products in March of this year). But it has so many health benefits if you get the good stuff.

see http://www.sciencenews.org/articles/20051105/food.asp

And for some recommendations on what to buy http://dld123.com/about/about.php?id=A10

--------------------

RECIDITE, PLEBES! Gero rem imperialem!
(Stand aside plebians! I am on imperial business.)

Posts: 2331 | From WA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement