LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Lyme activist's Dr says....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lyme activist's Dr says....
Starship Trooper
Member # 8546

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Starship Trooper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Anyone that does not believe that Susan O'connels tests are accurate is delusional"

That's about everybody on this message board then...

Basically Susan O'connel is the UK's leading test researcher. She follows the steer camp.

Doctor Ranger said that Lisa doesn't have lyme and that lyme is very rare. She said that Lisa could have a test done in the Southampton lab in the UK to prove it. Lisa has a positive (even by CDC standard) western blot run by Igenex.

Dr Ranger has been told that Lisa has a positive western blot and disregards it.

The definition of delusional disorder is that someone believes that something is true even when they are constantly presented with evidence against their belief. It is my belief that the very doctor in control of the psychiatric ward (Dr Ranger) id delusional herself. She has repeatedly been shown evidence of Lisa's case and still believes that "Lisa" is wrong.

To the best of my knowledge, Lisa has not seen ANY evidence that she is not delusional herself. This in itself is going against the definition of the disorder, although in Dr Rangers case I believe it hits the nail on the head.

I think Dr Ranger should be the one locked up because she is a danger to the sane public in my opinion.

It appears that there are other doctors on the ward that are afraid to speak out against Dr ranger for fear of limiting their own career. One of the junior docs on the ward was discussing the firewall logs with Lisa from her computer and he said that they didn't have the time to look at them. He sounded like he believes Lisa, but when the report is written up at the end of the day there was nothing to mention the firewall logs that they had discussed. I can only deduce from that that he is afraid of Dr Ranger and his own career.

They now have her sectioned under section 3. This means that they can keep her in for 6 months which is renewable after that period and they can more easily forcibly drug her. In that period she is only allowed ONE trial, so if it doesn't go her way - that is it for 6 months, until the section is renewed.

It is worse than being in prison. At least you have more chance of avoiding mind altering drugs in prison.

Posts: 27 | From Mars | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lou
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 81

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is ironic that in D.C., two police officers were recently killed by a mental patient, and organizations for the mentally ill are saying there aren't enough facilities and treatment centers for people who need help before they injure someone. So, in the U.S., mental patients can't get the help they need until they kill a police officer, while in the U.K. they put people in mental wards who don't belong there!

Can't decide which is worse. We are sure not getting a competent response from our health agencies/gov't on mental health.

It is amazing that no one will look at the computer logs. If her claim about being hacked is the main hook they are hanging this case on, then not looking at the logs is either criminal incompetence or this is payback from the Wessley affair. Why would the gov't be backing Wessley's view of Gulf War illness and chronic fatigue? Not hard to figure this out.

Posts: 8430 | From Not available | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DR. Wiseass
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6777

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DR. Wiseass   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Starship Trooper -

Thank you for your post. When, may I ask did you get this info?

Did Lisa have her 'tribunal' (hearing) yesterday?

So are you saying that it is official - that she will be stuck in there for 6 months? OR are we still waiting on the hearing?

I'm sorry, but I'm feeling a bit confused this morning.

I just stay so outraged by this -- there must be SOMETHING we can do ??

Lou was saying there were mental health organiations in the US that spoke up with regard to the DC cop killings by a mental patient...

...aren't there any organizations in the UK that could speak up for Lisa?

There has got to be SOMETHING we can do?!!!

--------------------
DR. Wiseass
NOT a real doc - just a real wise  -
 -

Posts: 792 | From USA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starship Trooper
Member # 8546

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Starship Trooper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by DR. Wiseass:
Starship Trooper -

Thank you for your post. When, may I ask did you get this info?

Did Lisa have her 'tribunal' (hearing) yesterday?

Hi Dr Wiseass,

I was on the phone to her yesterday. Her hearing was put back until 31st May. I think it was the Lawyers that actioned this so that they could fully understand the situation (lyme being a big subject)

Lisa has been at her mother's funeral today. She died whist Lisa was in hospital and I think she has been able to refuse the drugs so far because of her mum.

I hope she is not going to be in there much longer.. I think the outcome of the hearing will decide that.

Best,
ST.

Posts: 27 | From Mars | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pq
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6886

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sweeg's ghost,

your father was right.

[ 24. May 2006, 10:19 PM: Message edited by: pq ]

Posts: 2708 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pigwit
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9059

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pigwit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When it comes to commitment for mental health treatment, there should be evidence of immediate risk of harm to self or others.

If Lisa did not make any threats and/or have other behavior indicating risk of physical harm, then they should not be a reason to keep her confined against her will. Even if she did have delusions, that in itself should not be a reason to hold her.

If the government uses the logs, it gives the appearance of it being a political decision. The logs are obviously a non-issue when it comes to forcing her treatment.

I wonder who has the most compassion and would really like to help others, Lisa or "Chuckie"?
(Note: This does not have anything to do with advocating for a poster child).

Pigwit

Posts: 158 | From Ecuador | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Linda LD
Member # 6663

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Linda LD     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm throwing in my two cents...my husband is a computer nerd. He says the navy and such "ping" everyones computer--it is not unusual at all.

So why the big reaction when Lisa talks about it?

And who are these nasty people that are showing up for this discussion--who have only posted 7 posts--all about Lisa? They are like cure dogs, Go home! Go back to where you came from--you aren't wanted here.

Linda

Posts: 1171 | From Knoxville, TN US | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starship Trooper
Member # 8546

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Starship Trooper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ed Mcsweegan is a real person. Here is a letter he wrote complaining to his employer - the US navy.. http://actionlyme.org/GOLDWATER_LETTER.htm

Ed Mcsweegan is also responsible for trying to push the LYMERIX vaccine on us Europeans. http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v440/n7082/full/440278b.html

Lisa was highly publicising the testing method of darkfield microscopy http://www.lyme-diagnosis.org.uk

Lisa then gets hacked by someone in the US navy.

What if Mcsweegan KNOWS that lymerix doesn't work and that the lyme testing technique Lisa and Mark publicised proves it? Would that warrant hacking into her PC? Would that warrant silencing her and locking her up for a few months?

Kathleen was also outspoken against the lymerix vaccine - look what happened to her

seibertneurolyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any updates? Was the hearing held May 31?

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pq
Member # 6886

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
up
Posts: 2708 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement