LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Water Filters

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Water Filters
Takedownthemoon
Member # 9008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Takedownthemoon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey all! We are considering purcharsing a water filtration system for our family that is quite pricey, and I wanted to ask if anyone has had any experiences with this particular filtration system.

I have a friend of a friend who has reversed her son's autism, almost completly, and she claims this was a major component in the treatment, and the best investment she has made in her life.
Any thoughts or suggestions? Here is the link...
Thank ya kindly!

http://shop.snyderhealth.com/product_info.php?ref=32&products_id=106&affiliate_banner_id=3

Posts: 89 | From Ohio | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andie333
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7370

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andie333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, Moon!

I do think water filtration is a good thing. I'm not familiar with the unit you mentioned and suspect it is good. It's much too pricey for me, at this point.

What I did was install an under-the-sink filter in the kitchen. It was relatively inexpensive, and the filters last a year before they need to be replaced.

Then, in the shower, I installed a shower filter I found at what seemed like a pretty neutral filter ranking site.

http://home.comcast.net/~reviewguy/results.html

I picked the vitashower, which was only about $50 or $60, as I recall. They also sell fairly inexpensive in-the-bath filters for the tub that add vitamin C to the water. I've been VERY pleased with this set up.

I'll be curious to read other people's responses.

Andie

Posts: 2549 | From never never land | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Linda LD
Member # 6663

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Linda LD     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't remember the name of ours--I gave it to my husband for Christmas. He thought it was lame at the time.

Now we all LOVE it! It ruins you for other water!

Check out Scott the better health guysweb site--thats were I found a link...

Linda

Posts: 1171 | From Knoxville, TN US | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Takedownthemoon
Member # 9008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Takedownthemoon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Andie, thanks for replying..Yes this filter is not really in our price range either(we are a family of 6 with lyme!), but I have two infants who are congenital Lyme and drink about 42 ounces a day of formula...my thinking is that just the water alone would be a great adjunctive therapy for them.. Well, actually their main therapy! Thanks for the tip on the shower head, that is definately something I need to check into.

Linda- Are you using a purifier that distilles your water? I am asking b/c I noticed that is what Scott's website makes reference to. I am under the impression that distilled water should only be used for short term detoxing b/c it strips your body of vitamins and minerals, dehydrating your tissue resulting in organ damage with extreme long term use. My husband is a chemical engineer and he supports this theory. He NEVER offers his opinion on much of anything,but he was asoultely adiment that we should not drink distilled water. He said he could show me a simple science experiment where you put fish,algae or a plant in distilled water and it would quickly die. (sorry for the tangent,just thought I would offer that up in case you wanted to check into it)

He also thinks this type of filter would be excellent, but knows nothing of this company and is leery of spending that type of money without proof that is does what it's purported to do. Anyway that's why I thought I would ask y'all, hoping to get some feedback on it...

Posts: 89 | From Ohio | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andie333
Member # 7370

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andie333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Moon,

I drink a lot of water...more than you can imagine. And the under-the-sink filter is very sufficient AND a lot more reasonable than the system you've described.

I also looked at the filter Scott recommends. It's probably just as good, but again, it's a lot less expensive.

Just my 2 cents

Andie

Posts: 2549 | From never never land | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Linda LD
Member # 6663

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Linda LD     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't been to scotts site in a while--but what we have is a filter that fits under the sink--we now have a seperate spicot/faucet for our drinking water.

It isn't distilled--just filterd.

I don't think we could afford distilled water--but thank you for the information! I'm so hazy on some days--it is good to know i've got smart people on my side!

God bless,
Linda

Posts: 1171 | From Knoxville, TN US | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymex5&counting
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7202

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymex5&counting     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Moon,

We have 6 in our house with lyme also.

I am in the process of searching for a reputable

lab to test my water. (Lyme testing sure makes

you become skeptical of EVERY test)!

I think that is where you should start. Just my opinion. Simply because there is not one system that can remedy all problems.

So you need to find out what the problems are.

Also I think a whole house system is best.

We don't drink, wash food or cook with our water.

But we do bathe in it and your skin is the largest organ.

We also brush our teeth with it sometimes.

One of my kids just tested off the charts for Arsenic and Aluminum. So we are going to do an extensive test for metals, PCB's, VOC's, etc. etc.

Hope whatever you buy works well for you.

lyme x 9

Posts: 399 | From Texas | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Takedownthemoon
Member # 9008

Linda- Thank goodness my hubby has the brains, I am neurologically impaired to say the least! I recently met some new neighbors, and they asked how old my son was,I told them he was two, they looked at me kind of strange and I said "yeah he's really tall for his age"(which he is). Wouldn't be a problem except he's 3, soon to be 4.. How embarrassing! How can you explain to someone not knowing the age of your children?! Oui Vay!

Lymex5- You know what, I didnt even think of it that way. Back to the drawing board!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement