LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Tell me about plaquenil

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Tell me about plaquenil
snowflake
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8950

Icon 1 posted      Profile for snowflake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am on Biaxin and am supposed to add plaquenil to it. Getting foggy and tired this week and wonder what it will do when I add the plaq.

One person told me it is for cyst busting with lyme and anothe told me it alters the ph so the biaxin can do a better job.

Fact is, I can't remember what my llmd told me the purpose is and after looking up files for online friends emailing me looking for research I am just too dang tired to do a search for myself.

Please tell me your experiences. Did anyone have vision problems with it? I am concerned about that as I already have visual snow and other eye issues from Lyme.

I am going to take a NAP and will check back in later. Nighty night.

--------------------
We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand... and melting like a snowflake. Let us use it before it is too late.

Posts: 221 | From the hills | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NP40
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6711

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NP40     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Plaquenil will help the biaxin penetrate deeper. Biaxin penetrates pretty well on it's own as well.

Plaq can also be used in babesia treatment along with biaxin. If you'd mix in artemisinin with it you'd have yourself a pretty effective babs treatment. Plaq possesses properties that make it anti-malarial of which babesia is in the same family.

If on extended plaq treatment I believe they want you to have your vision checked every 3 months or so. Hopefully, the vision problems you're having now will clear with continued abx treatment.

Posts: 1632 | From Northern Wisconsin | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aniek
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aniek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I started plaquenil with Biaxin and stayed on it because it reduces my pain and stiffness in my hands. Nice side effect is that it for some reason reduces arthritic symptoms.

When I started, the plaquenil did make me tired. So be aware of that.

The vision tests with plaquenil are because plaquenil can reduce your field of vision over time. If you will be on it a while, you are suggested to get a field of vision test at the beginning, and then get a test every 6 months to see if it is causing damage. I've been on it 2 years with no damage.

--------------------
"When there is pain, there are no words." - Toni Morrison

Posts: 4711 | From Washington, DC | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement