LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » All my sympathy to TINCUP!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: All my sympathy to TINCUP!!!
just don
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tincup,

SO sorry to hear that your steady man (MEL) got in trouble for DWI on California Highway 1 this last week. Were you with him when he was stopped???

If the rest of the famous Hollyweirds get off with a slap on wrist,,,I sure hope 'Mel' does too!!! Course I understand they are going to make a mountain out of the remarks he was spouting!!

My profound and deepest sympathys to you and yours!!!!Cuz I still B [bonk] --just don-- with a sore head!!!!

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymemomtooo
Member # 5396

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymemomtooo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have removed most of my postings..None of them were anti semetic, but I do not want anyone upset by my comments. I had not heard what he had said.

[ 01. August 2006, 09:45 AM: Message edited by: lymemomtooo ]

Posts: 2360 | From SE PA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aniek
Member # 5374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aniek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know this post was meant as fun, but the alleged comments made were extremely offensive and hurtful.

As somebody who is Jewish, I don't feel safe in a place that makes light of anti-semetic comments.

Please think about how you would feel if somebody allegedly said you were the cause of all war in the world.

--------------------
"When there is pain, there are no words." - Toni Morrison

Posts: 4711 | From Washington, DC | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymemomtooo
Member # 5396

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymemomtooo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

[ 01. August 2006, 09:41 AM: Message edited by: lymemomtooo ]

Posts: 2360 | From SE PA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kelmo
Member # 8797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kelmo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am grieving with you Aniek...and I'm not Jewish. You have my support and love.

I hope he grieves for his heart, because his words come from that source. I believes he's a good man, but this was a major act of idiocy. I think it revealed, even to himself, a dark side that he can't cover. But, I believe he will work on it, and not just say pretty words.

Anyway...Tinny, he is human, he is sorry. Let's give him a chance to prove himself.

Posts: 2903 | From AZ | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymemomtooo
Member # 5396

[ 01. August 2006, 09:42 AM: Message edited by: lymemomtooo ]

Aniek
Member # 5374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aniek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When Mel Gibson was arrested for DWI he allegedly made antisemetic comments to the arresting officer.

I know you were all just kidding with Tincup and no harm was meant. I didn't think either of you, Don or Lymemom, were being antisemetic.

--------------------
"When there is pain, there are no words." - Toni Morrison

Posts: 4711 | From Washington, DC | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymemomtooo
Member # 5396

Thank you and I am sorry about Mel..
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Aniek:
When Mel Gibson was arrested for DWI he allegedly made antisemetic comments to the arresting officer.

Wow....I didn't hear that and I'm sure it was not on don's mind either when he posted this. I'm SURE of it.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ann-OH
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2020

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ann-OH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They certainly should make a mountain out of Mr. Gibson's comments while in custody for drunkeness! It is certainly no molehill to accuse Jews for being responsible for all the world's woes.

You would think he, or his friends would realize that he had no place behind the wheel of a car in his condition.

He did apologize for what he said and said he has been struggling with alcoholism for most of his life.

There is no excuse for his anti-semetic rantings, though. He should be given the same punishment as any other drunken driver and some community service working to reduce hate crimes.

Ann - OH

--------------------
www.ldbullseye.com

Posts: 5705 | From Ohio | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just don
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry to all if this post was taken out of context. I hear dear mel has checked himself into a recovery program. GOOD, he needs it!!!

I wasnt condoning his actions neither his impairment or lapse of judgement of remarks. "IF" you werent here a couple years ago(maybe more, cant remember) then this whole post would mean nothing to you.

ONLY if you were here when there was post after post re ---Mel + TC = big romance-- on a weekly or nightly basis could it EVER make sense to you.

I believe driving impaired is a serious problem. I also remember when police just sent a drunk as a skunk driver 'home'. What a difference a few years make!! Diffrent years ,,different standards.

If you could listen to either tv or radio talk shows and not hear this "BEAT" to death, you must not be on this continent. Even the news is FULL of it. Can Anybody 'say' excess media hype???

After all,,,who ever listens to what a drunk says when he is past sensible talk. I almost take this as a non event. "I" am sorry he did and said ANYTHING. But in the scheme of things,,,isnt it insignificant,,,'he' NEEDS help!!!

I didnt say anything offensive in my mind, course I have never been accused of having much of a mind!!!

I had no intent of making derogatory statements about any 'group' of people and if you go back and reread every word "I" wrote you wont see one. AS I was alluding to,,, the Hollyweirds live and think in their own private world, most days!!! Thats good, I dont want to BE there!!!

Build a wall around them, let them appear on the tube and screen as actors, then DONT make them the mouthpiece of society, they ARE NOT!!! Not for me!!!

Besides he only tested 1.2 and WAS legally impaired,,,but really not enough impaired to be so arrogant. He was given a break and he resisted and was subdued and then the words started flowing. He was WRONG!!!

If he acted that way at 1.2,,,wonder how he acted at skunk drunk. I used to be married to one so well know the beast. When dead drunk,always wanted to 'fight'. Couldnt get away in any fashion. Yuck,,,good riddance!!! And when on a days after days bender LOOK OUT!!!!

Here's a gentle tip for those that may NOT know yet in there life(Education comes the hard way most days). IF somebody has to down shots and beer to get them going sooner,,,they have a 'problem'!!!Its NOT for recreational purposes!!!

Kindest regards to all from --just don--

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MagicAcorn
Member # 8786

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MagicAcorn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Had Mel been with Tinny this never would have happened! But no, selfish Tinny has to be out fighting causes. [Wink]

Mr. Gibson is obviously very jealous of the Jewish race because they have contributed so much to the betterment of mankind while being such a minority.

It makes all the comments about his Passion movie hold some water now.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1279 | From In hiding | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buggy
Member # 3515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for buggy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bet she was . She has'nt answered!! And that's not like Tinni LOL

buggy
Hey Tincup you know we love you. And as far as what Mel said,He was'nt himself ,like I always say we are all walkin around on banana peels waiting our turn to fall

Posts: 96 | From wi | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MagicAcorn:

Mr. Gibson is obviously very jealous of the Jewish race because they have contributed so much to the betterment of mankind while being such a minority.

[Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bruceallan
Member # 9317

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bruceallan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by just don:
[q] Tincup,

SO sorry to hear that your steady man (MEL) got in trouble for DWI on California Highway 1 this last week. Were you with him when he was stopped???

If the rest of the famous Hollyweirds get off with a slap on wrist,,,I sure hope 'Mel' does too!!! Course I understand they are going to make a mountain out of the remarks he was spouting!!

My profound and deepest sympathys to you and yours!!!!Cuz I still B [bonk] --just don-- with a sore head!!!! [/q]

I do not know many here yet, but I was offened seeing a private life matter posted in a new thread directed at one person

If a joke or teasing done ion poor taste, and if done to me I would be very upset!!

Later Bruce

--------------------
CFS for 20 Years then found LYME the root cause! Am dealing with several viruses also.

Posts: 89 | From Alliance Ne | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meg
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 22

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Meg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bet she was . She has'nt answered!! And that's not like Tinni LOL

So now I'm worried, you think Tin could be in the pokey with Mel? [Big Grin]

--------------------
Success Stories---Treatment Guidelines

Posts: 10010 | From somewhERE OVER THE Rainbow | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

don said
"IF" you werent here a couple years ago(maybe more, cant remember) then this whole post would mean nothing to you.

It was a joke, Bruce.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

treepatrol
Member # 4117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For someone Mel G claiming to be christian hes made a very big mistake in saying what he said especially being in the medias eye drunk or not I would never have said that it would be like a knife to my heart.

He or anyone else who belittles or berates the jewish people especially christians so called.
Will have a very rude awakening when they get to heaven and meet there savior Jesus Who by the way is jewish.

Like the apostle Paul quote said by God in his writings.

Romans (11:17-24)
17 But if some of the branches were broken off, and you, being a wild olive, were grafted in among them and became partaker with them of the rich root of the olive tree, 18 do not be arrogant toward the branches; but if you are arrogant, remember that it is not you who supports the root, but the root supports you. 19 You will say then, ``Branches were broken off so that I might be grafted in.'' 20 Quite right, they were broken off for their unbelief, but you stand by your faith. Do not be conceited, but fear; 21 for if God did not spare the natural branches, neither will He spare you.

22 Behold then the kindness and severity of God; to those who fell, severity, but to you, God's kindness, if you continue in His kindness; otherwise you also will be cut off. 23 And they also, if they do not continue in their unbelief, will be grafted in; for God is able to graft them in again. 24 For if you were cut off from what is by nature a wild olive tree, and were grafted contrary to nature into a cultivated olive tree, how much more shall these who are the natural branches be grafted into their own olive tree?

Good thing Gods a forgiving God.

Aniek
Iam sorry this was said about your race by Mel G we are all sinners its not a excuse.

May God bless you and keep you safe.

--------------------
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Remember Iam not a Doctor Just someone struggling like you with Tick Borne Diseases.

Newbie Links

Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by treepatrol:

He or anyone else who belittles or berates the jewish people especially christians so called.
Will have a very rude awakening when they get to heaven and meet there savior Jesus Who by the way is jewish.

You got it!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

trueblue
Member # 7348

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trueblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by treepatrol:
For someone Mel G claiming to be christian hes made a very big mistake in saying what he said especially being in the medias eye drunk or not I would never have said that it would be like a knife to my heart.

Like the apostle Paul quote said by God in his writings.

Romans (11:17-24)
17 But if some of the branches were broken off, and you, being a wild olive, were grafted in among them and became partaker with them of the rich root of the olive tree, 18 do not be arrogant toward the branches; but if you are arrogant, remember that it is not you who supports the root, but the root supports you. 19 You will say then, ``Branches were broken off so that I might be grafted in.'' 20 Quite right, they were broken off for their unbelief, but you stand by your faith. Do not be conceited, but fear; 21 for if God did not spare the natural branches, neither will He spare you.

22 Behold then the kindness and severity of God; to those who fell, severity, but to you, God's kindness, if you continue in His kindness; otherwise you also will be cut off. 23 And they also, if they do not continue in their unbelief, will be grafted in; for God is able to graft them in again. 24 For if you were cut off from what is by nature a wild olive tree, and were grafted contrary to nature into a cultivated olive tree, how much more shall these who are the natural branches be grafted into their own olive tree?

Good thing Gods a forgiving God.

Aniek
Iam sorry this was said about your race by Mel G we are all sinners its not a excuse.

May God bless you and keep you safe.

Thank you for this post, Tree. [kiss]

It saddens and frightens me that there are people walking around with that level of hate in their hearts.

I don't know what the perspective is for someone who isn't Jewish, I imagine most are equally appalled.

It brings back the stark reality of the Holocost and feels like we're really not so far away from it 60+ years later.

Maybe it's just me, I don't understand all the hate in the world nor do I understand why.

Don, I know the post was a joke and the joke itself is/was funny. I do not see it in as anyway as condoning his words or actions. The man is just plain hateful and that's sad and scary on so many levels.

--------------------
more light, more love
more truth and more innovation

Posts: 3783 | From somewhere other than here | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bruceallan
Member # 9317

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bruceallan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lymetoo:
[q] don said
"IF" you werent here a couple years ago(maybe more, cant remember) then this whole post would mean nothing to you.

It was a joke, Bruce. [/q]

I acknowledged that it may be a joke or trick but a very crule one, A proverb says:

"I was shooting fireing arrows into my fellow man and was I not just having fun"

I personal would not like it to have been done to ma or anyone!

Has anyone checked with Tincup to she how shes doing?

Since she has not replyied it probly has upset her also.

Later Bruce

--------------------
CFS for 20 Years then found LYME the root cause! Am dealing with several viruses also.

Posts: 89 | From Alliance Ne | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MagicAcorn
Member # 8786

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MagicAcorn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bruce -

I think TC would be more upset if we didn't say anything. Lyme disease is a funky illness and having a sense of humor once in while is all that keeps us together.

TC won Mel when she reached 1000 posts way back when the board was young.

Why she got Mel and I never got Aidan Quinn I'll never know, but hey a girl can't get everything she wants.

Bruce TC is a very busy activist who probably is just taking a rest from the rat race she just endured going state to state fighting for all of us.

But believe me she'd find no offense what so ever with this post. Like I said she's feel slighted if we let this slip by. Afterall, her boy friend made the headlines worldwide. We had to say something.

Welcome to our club.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1279 | From In hiding | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meg
Member # 22

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Meg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Absolutely right Acorn.....I want Jeff Bridges when I get...um, lets say ONE more post [lick]

Tin is busy busy busy and will pop in when she can, her abscence in posting doesn't indicate she's upset. She'll come back chuckling!

--------------------
Success Stories---Treatment Guidelines

Posts: 10010 | From somewhERE OVER THE Rainbow | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sofy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5721

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sofy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We cant blame others (any others) for the wrongs in the world.

Each of us has to look in the mirror and ask ourself what we are saying? Are we sending acceptance or are we sending hate and feeling superior due to our religion, money, sex or whatever.

Wherever war and evil things are happening at the root the doers feel their side is the most important and it excuses any harm to their enemies or the innocents.

Why am I and mine more important than any other on this earth?

Is it alright for me to blow up the house of the child molester to protedt my family when his house is full of his children? Why are my children more important than his?

OK im off my rant. Now I need to go slap some cold water on my face and smile and send out acceptance and tolerance.

Posts: 561 | From connecticut | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement