LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » We could really use a few prayers at the moment...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: We could really use a few prayers at the moment...
Melanie Reber
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 3707

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melanie Reber   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My dear friends,

I am asking for your help...not only for myself but for a few others that are really having a difficult time currently.

I have a strong belief that eventually all will be well, but we need inspiration, strength and guidance to carry us through.

As many of you know, due to my many recent posts bugging you for information...physically, things are not going all that great for me right now.

Career wise, things are changing once again as well, and I am facing the task of finding a new job and relocating. This was my choice due to many issues in my current position that were unacceptable to me.

With my family, my sister in New Orleans is still struggling very hard with the day to day reality of what that city has become. And now her son is also fighting with influences that will require Devine intervention.

And even now, after all this time, I still have not been able to locate my Uncle or my Grandmother from the Katrina nightmare.

We have members here that we all know and love that too are struggling. Some are in crisis situations...and also could use your prayers for strength and guidance.

I strongly believe that Heaven above knows our hearts and hears our requests. And that there is a plan and a purpose for all that we endure. I only ask that you add your voices to ours...and send what good will that you can out there.

Much love and appreciation always,
Melanie

Posts: 7052 | From Colorado | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Daisy*
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Daisy*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In my prayers

--------------------
Daisy

Posts: 122 | From at the computer | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trueblue
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7348

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trueblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
from my heart to all... much love and continued good thoughts

I'd just like to put this quote here. I hope you don't mind...

May the long time sun shine upon you
All love surround you
And the pure light within you
Guide your way on

--------------------
more light, more love
more truth and more innovation

Posts: 3783 | From somewhere other than here | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
serendipity
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8474

Icon 1 posted      Profile for serendipity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You and your family will be in my prayers.

I don't understand Gods ways or timing
But I am certain of his love for all his children

Posts: 628 | From the south | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
valymemom
Member # 7076

Icon 1 posted      Profile for valymemom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sadness and loss......hardships.....we all wish we could touch/hug you....be your support.

Recently when I was so low lymeout emailed these words:
My minister just finished a sermon series on Joseph - talk about family problems! But he talked about the amount of time that Joseph spent in prison and servitude - 13 years. A long time to spend in a low period of life! He said that when we are in a low period, we think that God should just hand us a rope to get out. But instead, he says that God sits with us during this time and uses it to make us the person he wants us to be. He gave Joseph the gift of interpreting the dreams, which proved to be his ticket out. But more importantly, many benefited from the man Joseph became through that dark period.

I am fortunate to have lymeout as a friend. You have many friends here, Melanie.

Posts: 1240 | From Centreville,VA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pq
Member # 6886

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
in my prayers [group hug]

[ 26. August 2006, 12:06 AM: Message edited by: pq ]

Posts: 2708 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just don
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Certainly you AND your family is in my prayers.

I heard that there are certain number of unclaimed bodies (sorry, cant think of a eaasier term to use) They were waiting for someone to submit DNA samples to match these departed souls to a family who loves them. After this period of time, little else can be hoped for!! Has DNA been submitted to SEE if any connections could possibly be made???

I would wish for a true reunion of all your family Melanie, but I fear it may not happen.

Is there anything you can think of to help your nephew thru this trying time??? There are groups from Churchs still down there helping needy people repair homes. Can your sister connect with any of THOSE??? Are there connection places on the net???

Only wish my magic wand wasnt wore out and I could wave and erase all your troubles and cares!! Do you need assistance in relocating, finding other employment?? CAN you stay where you are to draw a pay check and still be very seriously looking for any and all alternative jobs?? Everybody, scan your news want ads for landscape engineers wanted. Are those not the right words??? Maybe architect is better? Have you tried "Headhunters" on the net??? Others have suggestions???

Wishing and praying for only the best for YOU as I am -- just don--

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andie333
Member # 7370

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andie333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Melanie,

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers...as well as all the wonderful people of New Orleans

Andie

Posts: 2549 | From never never land | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
5dana8
Member # 7935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5dana8   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so sorry melanie to hear of you & your family's plight. [Frown]

But deep down I have to believe there is some sort of purpose for our lives. I jus can't understand why there is so much suffering in the world.

I hope that your new job and relocating will open up more windows for you & your loved ones.
Like when one door closes another door opens.

I will keep you & your family in my prayers and hope you all can find some inner peace, hope and strength [group hug] .

Blessings
Dana

--------------------
5dana8

Posts: 4432 | From some where over the rainbow | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
timaca
Member # 6911

Icon 1 posted      Profile for timaca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On my calendar:

Are you facing some difficult battle today? Don't run! Stand still and refuse to retreat. Look at it as God looks at it and draw upon His power to hold up under the blast.

"Thus says the Lord to you, Do not fear or be dismayed at the great multitude; for the battle is not yours, but God's." 2 Chronicles 20:15

If you can get ahold of a Twila Paris tape or CD...some songs that have encouraged me are "God is in Control"; "The Warrior is a Child" "Runner" (all from Greatest Hits) and "I will Listen".

If nothing else you can access the lyrics online...but hearing the songs has encouraged me.

Prayers are with you Melanie.

Timaca

Posts: 2872 | From above 7,000 ft in a pine forest | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
5dana8
Member # 7935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5dana8   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just wanted to add, other than prayer and hugs from friends this one link brings me some inner calm when my life seems in chaos.

((((Mel))))

www.positivepause.com

--------------------
5dana8

Posts: 4432 | From some where over the rainbow | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Our mutual friend was on our church's prayer list last Sunday. I will add you and your family to that list this Sunday. You will all remain there as long as is needed.

Love and hugs and prayers coming your way! [group hug]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol B
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Melanie,
Our family has been through much trial and tribulation over the past two years, and the best song for me to listen to has been "In the Waiting" although i can't recall the artist at this time.
It was given to me by my therapist-the message essentially being that God is in the waiting,too.I am listening to it now, and would send it to you if I could figure out how. It's a song that keeps my Hope alive-through very dark and uncertain times.
I pray for you and your family. God IS in the waiting.
Love, Carol

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pq
Member # 6886

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[group hug]
Posts: 2708 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melanie Reber
Member # 3707

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melanie Reber   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear friends,

Your continued support and well wishes, prayers and messages of hope...
well, they simply mean the world to me right now...more than you will ever know.
And more than I am capable of expressing adequately enough with mere words.

Daisy- thank you.

Bluebird- your quote is moving and I thank you for sharing it with us.

Serendipity- At times like these, I don't quite understand it either...but like you, I DO understand his unconditional love for each of us...and for now...that is enough.

Valymemom- You each HAVE touched me with your grace and kindness. And what you have shared is so very apropos to me right now. I know that our trials make us who we are, and we are never finished with what we can still become. And yes, I am so blessed with many, many friends that are precious to me in every way. Thank you for the words of comfort and the reminder of patience.

PQ- thank you for the prayers and for the double hug!

Don- No, there has been no DNA submitted. My family situation is beyond complicated, some of which you are already aware of. I have had their names on all national registry lists for a year now, and that has led to no results. I have done internet searches, obit searches, etc. And now, I am at a loss as to what avenue to pursue.

In my heart, I know that the only way I will find answers is if I personally go down there myself to investigate. This has been a daunting challenge for me for many reasons...but I know it must be done. Living with the not knowing and the uncertainty has overtaken all of the other logical reasons to not go there.

Perhaps, now that I will actually have some time without working, I will do just that. I need some sort of resolution.

My nephew is a sweet and loving child of 16. He has always been the sensitive sort very caring and very thoughtful. Life as he knew it has drastically changed. No, there are no facilities even open to deal with this sort of thing there now. This is exactly why there are so many homeless, delinquent and mentally challenged souls loose on the streets now. There simply is nowhere else to go. Most facilities have closed, most schools have closed, most programs have closed, most of the infrastructure is still not functional, the postal system, the shopping centers, the teen centers, etc., etc...have vanished.

And many people have vanished or have been dispersed as well, leaving a black hole that has fast filled with crime, debris, hopelessness and despair.

Yes, there are a few groups of wonderfully caring individuals that are helping people there with necessities. But what is not realized by most is the vastness of the damage.
And, the continued deterioration of the city and its survivors.

Many now are coming down with respiratory illnesses. My sister is ill now too from living and working amid the pollution of heaven only knows what. She has taken precautions to prevent this, but one can only do so much with air-borne diseases, molds, and dust.

My sister is in a FEMA trailer and is just now getting to her house which needed to be completely gutted. It has been in this condition for a year now.

I will be fine...I am not worried about myself at all. I am making plans to relocate close by so as not to have to go through the huge ordeal of a cross country move again.

I so appreciate your concern, your friendship and your suggestions.

Andie- my hometown is in desperate need of your prayers, so I thank you so much.

Timaca- Thank you for sharing those words of strength and courage...I needed that.

Dana- That was absolutely beautiful and heartwarming...and so, so perfect. I can't even begin to thank you enough for ALL of your recent help.

Toots- I so appreciate you thinking of us and for putting us on your church's lists. And for all that you do always.

Carol B- Yes, I am certain that I am not alone. I have come through so much in the past, and have always been able to find the strength to keep going. A way will be made, when the time is right, it will all seem as it should be then. Thank you.

Miss Cave- Hopefully, some day soon, I will actually be closer to your location, and will take that hug in person, OK?

Thank you each so very much...
M

Posts: 7052 | From Colorado | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trueblue
Member # 7348

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trueblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -  -  -

--------------------
more light, more love

Posts: 3783 | From somewhere other than here | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AZURE WISH
Member # 804

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AZURE WISH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You and your family are in my thoughts [group hug]

--------------------
multiple chemical sensitvity group:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/multiplechemicalsensitivities

Group for artists. All media welcome:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/creativecorner

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Lyme_Artist

Posts: 3860 | From nj,usa | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymemomtooo
Member # 5396

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymemomtooo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Melanie, I continue to keep you in my prayers..I know you will be ok..And God is certainly with you..

I wish I was flushed with money and could go South to search for you but it is not possible..I am sure you have much pain over all of this and I pray that with each day it becomes less.

It was such a tragedy, what happened on the gulf, with so much destruction, death, relocations and now disease..I know the sheer magnitude of the issues are overwhelming..

If you do go there, and it sounds like you may be planning on it,please be cautious..If others without lyme are getting sick, you may be exposed to many new contaminants.

Just a stupid thought...Is there a way to track social security checks? If your uncle and grandmother are somewhere else and being cared for, someone may have been able to get the checks to their new location.

Good luck gal..You know I am rooting for you..lmt

Posts: 2360 | From SE PA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just don
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Melanie,
I too am truly saddened at the slow speed the wheels turn in getting infrastucture back running in the hardest hit areas after a 'natural' disaster.

What happened to the concept of helping our own before we go tromping half way around the world and pour cazzillion trillions down a rat hole where we arent even appreciated.

We didnt cause the Lebannon/Israel conflict, we didnt promote it and it is percieved to be 'our' fault,,,so we pour MORE money into rebuilding it? AFTER we have the levies built back, after we get the water and sewers running in new Orleans, after we get the schools and roads back to functioning. MY understanding, as limited as THAT is,,,is that it is all caught up in government buracrucey(sp) red tape.

About the same way in Iraq,,, correct me if I am wrong, but somehow I was told(in the beginning) or convinced that the rebuilding of the war damage of Iraq was going to be funded from the oil revenues that the country produced, instead of OUR taxpayer monies. Instead of flowing to the previous dictator. NOW I understand we are funding it all, where are the oil revenues going???

It is all about general support for OUR home people before we try to support the world. Our representatives shoud be told to get our act together TODAY, get New Orleans back working NOW, and the whole gulf area also. Where did all the moneys go that was collected for the hurricaines' relief funds??? That was "ALOT" of money, has it been accounted for??

Melanie, I just HOPE that your family can just 'hold on' down there. Your sister gets well and your nephew has his 'needs' attended to. Dumb question, but is there "ANYTHING" that can be done from afar for either of them??? Would he respond to e-mail emotional support?? Are they 'on-line' down there? can imagine phone lines were mostly buried so not so hard to repair, so hopefully 'could' have dial up or sattelite. Would a fatherly type person correspondance 'help' him thru a VERY rough time??? You can pm or e-mail me if you wish!! Or just generalize HERE.

Come on other people, I cant think fast enough right now,,,what OTHER forms of support of real and emotional support can we give this "deserving" family that needs OUR help??? What am I missing here,,,there has to be a way!!!

Do they have any mentors programs down there right now?? Is your sister 'able' to work, right now, or too sick??? Sorry for a cazillion questions but we have to be able to provide some very basic support, somehow!!! Would it help to just telephone your sister for a short while of talking to bolster her confidence and spirits, knowing somebody cares and is actually 'thinking' of just them, even from so far away??

Is or has your sister been 'able' to get a enclosed roof structure over her house to prevent 'further' damage??? Does she have a circle of friends, relatives,or acquaintances to lean on or help her, even in the small ways??

I am sure it is going to take YEARS to get back to normal,,,but I still believe the 'slow' process of wheel turning has got to stop. The news is so misleading for the area.

IF you talk to your sister please convey the love we all have for her AND you Melanie, and therefore your whole 'family' by extension. WE "REALLY" care!! Now just somebody explain how to convey and express our support and well wishings emotionally and physically. To there best results!!!

Prayfully yours,
--don--

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
painted turtle
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for painted turtle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Melanie,

You are an Inspiration

and are in my prayers.

--------------------
www.lymefire.blogspot.com

Posts: 855 | From United States of Mind | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snowboarder
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6346

Icon 1 posted      Profile for snowboarder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Melanie I'm on my way to church in 45 minutes. I'll put you and your entire family on the prayer list. My heart goes out to you and your entire family during this very difficult ordeal.

I'm sorry to hear you will have to relocate and your job didn't work out. Remember god has a plan for all of us. You have been so helpful and a true inspiration to me and many others for your help and knowledge about lyme. You are truly an amazing person.

Ironically the Denver Post had a huge article in the paper today about hurricane Katrina and some of the victims that relocated to Colorado. If there's anything I can do to help in any way please send me a message and I'll do what I can.

Posts: 738 | From Colorado | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melanie Reber
Member # 3707

Dear Friends,

I am so sorry to burden you with my problems...this was only to ask for your prayers for all of us.

I am also sorry that my life is such a mess right now...I don't know how it got that way...but I AM trying to turn things around...it just gets overwhelming at times. I have stopped all Antibiotics to try and pull out of this toxin related problem...and to try and get back up to a place where I can function enough to get my mind clear enough to continue what I need to do.

I know that so many of us are struggling, and we each have such heartache to endure...for this, I am so, so sorry. I too wish I could just make everything all better for each of us...and at times, I just feel so helpless. Especially when I know others are hurting and I am powerless to do anything for them.

But, in my heart and mind...helplessness does not equal hopelessness...
except for those times when I am very ill, and I forget what I know. But I do have many guardian angels...seen and unseen...and for them I am so very grateful.

My faith is strong...I only needed a boost for now...and you have provided that for me and for others, and for that...I am so very thankfull.

Blue- thank you for everything. I wish you much success with your upcoming trip!

Azure- Thank you as well!

LMT- I so appreciate your continued help with so many things. I KNOW that you are going through your own personal hell...and you and yours too, are and continue to be close in my thoughts and heart.

Yes, I am well aware of the many reasons why I should not go, but I feel I may just have to, I know you understand. I am not sure that this is an issue that we can throw money at to make it go away...it runs so much deeper.

I will try all efforts to locate them first from here when I can make the time to do so...thank you for the suggestion.

Don- I don't know where our nation went wrong...everyone has their own theory on that...but theories wont help now. I have tried my best to stay away from politics...so I can't really comment on your thoughts...but I do appreciate those who take on that challenge...because I know that by discussing this, it is the only way that minds, hearts, and policies are changed.

I don't know what can be done from afar...my sister is trying so hard to deal with this. And her son's father is also willing to become involved...so we can only hope that they will be able to handle the situation alone...there is no one else to do this for them.

They are not on-line...she communicates with me via cell phone only.
I have asked her to let my nephew know that I love him and that I am always here for him. That it is his recent behavior that we are disappointed in, and that we know he is better than this. But deep in my heart, I know that he has every reason to be acting up in this manner...the home right across from my sister's was abandoned and has become a crack house...so we think that this is the main problem.

Actually, with my sister's past, we pretty much already know this is the problem...we just are not sure what other factors are playing into this right now. I have many suspicions...but can't say for certain.

No, there are no mentor programs still in place that we are aware of. I wish there were. By the grace of God, The big sister/big brother program is what put me on the right path...and I still have my ``big sister'' even after all these years to look to for guidance.

Yes, my sister is still working full-time, but her position has deteriorated along with everything else there...and she is also thinking of looking for another job. But, jobs that match her qualifications are scarce, especially now...so she feels trapped.

There are tarps on her roof now...and because her trailer is parked in her driveway...her home has not been broken into recently. But again, with the problems of the house across the street, she can't sleep now, and is constantly on guard.

She has very few friends now because she has devoted herself to trying to stay clean, and work as much as possible. Her position is an independent one, so she rarely has contact with others, except for her clients. She does have an ex boyfriend who is helping her now as much as he is able to. But this help is sporadic, and is sometimes less than fruitful.

And now, there is a new storm that may be bearing down on them soon...

I WILL let her know that so many others are thinking of her...she will appreciate that so much, thank you so much!

Painted turtle- thank you so much, and please take good care of YOU, OK?

Snowboarder- I so appreciate your prayers. Yes, the media is doing some news on Katrina due to the anniversary, so hopefully, something will come of it. Thank you for your offer of help!

Once again, I just want to let you all know how much I appreciate each of you!
M

minoucat
Member # 5175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for minoucat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Melanie, many hugs and prayers for you and your family.

And just from my own personal experience:

"I am also sorry that my life is such a mess right now...I don't know how it got that way..."

There was a time when I felt that I was doing something profoundly wrong because between LD and whatall my life seemed to have taken a detour into a such a lousy place.

Then I read William Gibson's "Mass for the Dead" and realized that I had the wrong end of the stick.

For most of us the natural order of life is a lot of work, pain, and struggle with lovely holidays of happiness thrown in. If you're amazingly lucky, you also get some lifelong friends who are good for you, too. We're built for endurance, and the reason for that is that there's a lot to endure.

There's an awful lot of pressure out there to be happy, be fulfilled, have perfect friends and a wonderful life, with the subtext being that if you're not doing that you're some kind of loser.

This is piffle. There are a golden few who sail through life with little pain, but they're the weird ones. Most of us get to slog through a tough old world breaking our own trail, and if we're smart we're thrilled and grateful for the good times, do our best to avoid our own worst predilictions, and hope the inevitable mud puddles don't slosh in over our waders. Which, by preference, come up over our ears and have built in SCUBA, air conditioning, and wide-screen tv (for the really bad days).

I say, if you're still wading, you're doing wonderfully.

Best of luck. Breathe deeply....

[ 27. August 2006, 05:09 PM: Message edited by: minoucat ]

--------------------

RECIDITE, PLEBES! Gero rem imperialem!
(Stand aside plebians! I am on imperial business.)

Posts: 2331 | From WA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just don
Member # 1129

Everyone,
I have a question regarding DNA samples and determining possible relatives. How many generations of dilution can you accurately determine whether somebody is indeed a relative???I see all those silly TV shows where it is instantly figured out. Is it that way in the 'real' world???

Melanie,

I would encourage your sister, since she is so close, to submit a DNA sample to determine if any of the unclaimed departed souls are your relatives. You could swab a cheek and submit one too if you like. Send in the names of who you are searching for. THAT option may disappear and be no longer available soon. Who knows, I sure dont! You surely have NOTHING to lose by doing so!!!

You should be highly commended for submitting names on the 'missings' boards. You just never know when something will click.

Just my thoughts from --just don--

--------------------
just don

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lightfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Melamie,

With my heart bursting with love, I offer my thoughts and prayers
for clarity and definition in your continuing journey.

Big hugs and healing smiles.....lightfoot [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

--------------------
Healing Smiles.....lightfoot [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

Posts: 7228 | From CO | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imanurse
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for imanurse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Faith~

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light."

-Helen Keller

-

--------------------
**Eat Chocolate**

Posts: 942 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trueblue
Member # 7348

Thank you, Melanie.

I am out of words but wanted to give you these.

- [kiss]

--------------------
more light, more love

trails
Member # 1620

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trails     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just found this now. Geez where have I been?

If you need a place to plop for a month or two we are here. Far from where you want to be, but free. mi casa es su casa amiga. a verdad. That is the truth. Dont ever hesitate to ask if you need something from your valley neighbor, kay? A house, a hug, a phone call, some support, some advice, a prayer.

Posts: 1950 | From New Mexico | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Melanie,
There are so many here who regard you with love and affection.

If you do move to New Orleans, I know the area will be the better for it, for you have the ability to "bloom where you are planted."

Best,
Carol

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melanie Reber
Member # 3707

My friends,

I am so touched by your replies here. It is difficult for me to even read them without finding myself once again in tears...and that does make replying hard.

I have never been one of those graceful criers that can speak and cry at the same time, and it is the same as far as typing, I am afraid. But I want you to know that they now are tears of gratitude.

There are so many things that I am trying my best to deal with here in a calm and rational manner...this comes and goes...BUT, your words and prayers have helped so very much...and I can't even begin to express how much right now.

Miss Minoucat- your thoughts always seem so profound and humorous at the same time. I don't know how you manage to do that...but I thank you for sharing your gift with all of us.

Don- I have been in constant contact with my sister, especially today, the anniversary. We are trying to come up with some sort of solution for her and her son...

I thank you so very much for your suggestions and your willingness to drop everything to help. We will stay in touch about that...and the very best to you on your journey today.

Lightfoot- my dearest friend, I sure do miss you. Thank you for always being there for me and with me from the very beginning of this journey.

Ima- I love that quote as well. There is a site that I frequent when I need inspiration, and that is one of the quotes used. Perhaps, like Dana's link, it will help others here. www.pathways-to-peace.com

Thank you for your continued help on so many levels.

Blue- Many, many thanks to you as well, for helping me with so many things.

Trails- Well, my dear...you have been a bit busy yourself with your own nightmare, and you are one of the many that I was thinking of when I began this post. Thank you for everything, really.

Carol- OK, so now I am in tears again...I so appreciate you for all that you do for so many.

Much love to all,
Melanie

Corinne E
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4670

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Corinne E     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Melanie,

You and your family are in my prayers. I remember you from way back and you were such an inspiration for me. Thanks.

Corinne

Posts: 461 | From Abbotsford, BC, Canada | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melanie Reber
Member # 3707

My dear friends,

Please forgive my delay in responding here...things have been a bit hectic in my little world.
But I wanted to let you all know that your prayers are still needed and appreciated...for SO many.

I have not had the time to follow closely all that has been happening here on LymeNet, but from just skimming this morning, it is obvious that many are struggling.

For those of you in this position...
please hold on, please retain your faith, please reach out for help and please KNOW that others care so very deeply for you!
PLEASE know that you are precious and you are loved.

I am writing this very quickly, as my computer time is limited to just a couple of early morning hours now.

Personally, I am still away from home...and am now with a dear friend in Grass Valley. She is the closest thing to family that I have here...so it has been a healing time for me to stay for a bit with her.

Due to Tincup, I did speak with my lost Uncle on Thursday evening.
We spoke for 7 hours...and at that time I learned that my Grandmother had passed away only a month and a half ago.

My sister is still struggling with some very difficult decisions...but I do have faith that she will be able to make the right choices for herself and her son soon.

I can not even begin to thank you each so very much for all that you have done for myself, my family and others here.

All my love,
Melanie

serendipity
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8474

Icon 1 posted      Profile for serendipity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Melanie,

Reading this post, even though it was written in a time of great and obvious pain, inspired me. You have a faith and grace under pressure that is a gift to those who come to know you, even briefly and distantly through the internet.

I am sorry about your grandmother.I hope her passing was peaceful. But I am sorry you were not able to see her in her final months.

And I will pray for your sister and nephew tonight, and of course you.

Thank you for keeping us posted.

Posts: 628 | From the south | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andie333
Member # 7370

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andie333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Melanie,

My thoughts and prayers continue to be with you and with your family!

Andie

Posts: 2549 | From never never land | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nal
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Melanie,

Im so very, very sorry to hear about your grandmother's death. Many, many hugs to you. I will keep you in my prayers. This stupid disease is so frustrating. Just when you think you are making a turn around with it, BAM it smacks you in the face again.

I just ask that you keep me in your prayers as well. We will ride this journey together. I too believe our lives have a purpose-no matter what.

You see my mom gave birth to me almost 6 weeks premature. I had no heartbeat or breath sounds at birth at all and they had to revive me. I then spent the next several days on machines. One night a nurse called my dad and told him to come see me right away because I wasn't going to make it through the night.

My mom didn't give up and apparently neither did I because here I am! I know I didn't survive as a baby just to have some ridiculous tick borne illness take me down!

You hang in there girl-come on back to Colorado-what do you think??

Nancy

--------------------
Life is 10% what happens to you, 90% how you respond to it!

-Chuck Swindoll

Posts: 1594 | From Colorado | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just don
Member # 1129

Melanie,

Congradulations on reconnecting with your uncle!!!

Seven hours, whew, would 'my' arms be sore(from holding the phone) but I am sure your heart was SOOOO glad it felt like 7 minutes.

So sad to hear of your geandmother's passing. On the bright side so much better to know, NOW, what, where, and when,,,rather than some poeple who just got swept off the face of the earth that DAY.

My heart still hurts to think your grieving all the same.

How in the world did you ever reconnect after all this time?? We indeed have a wonderous friend, dont we??

--------------------
just don

just don
Member # 1129

Melanie,

Hope time is healing your loss. Many more prayers for your continued strength and courage!!

--------------------
just don

savebabe
Member # 9847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for savebabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is one of my favorite song. It gets me through difficult moments.

By Donni Mcclurkin

What do you do
when you've done all you can
And it seems like it's never enough?
And what do you say
when your friends turn away,
you're all alone?
Tell me, what do you give
When you've given your all,
and seems like
you can't make it through?

Stand and be sure
Be not entangled in that bondage again
You just stand, and be sure.
God has a purpose.
Yes, God has a plan.

Tell me what do you do
when you've done all you can
And it seems like you can't make it through
Child you just stand
You just stand
Stand
Don't you give up
Through the storm , through the rain
Through the hurt , through the pain

[Chorus]
Well, you just stand
When there's nothing left to do
You just stand
Watch the Lord see you through
Yes, after you've done all you can
You just stand

Don't you bow, don't bend
Don't give up, don't give in
Hold on, just be strong
God will step in and it won't be long
VERSE
Tell me,
how do you handle the guilt of your past?
Tell me, how do you deal with the shame?
And how can you smile
when your heart is broken
and filled with pain?
Tell me what do you give
when you've given your all
Seems like you can't make it through?

After you've done all you can
After you've gone through the hurt
After you've gone through the pain
After you've gone through the storm
After you've gone through the rain
Prayed and cried,you've prayed and cried
Prayed and cried, prayed and cried
After you've done all you can, you just stand.

Child you just stand,
when there's nothing left to do
You just stand
Watch the Lord see you through
Yes, after you've done all you can
You just stand.

Posts: 1603 | From ny | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymemomtooo
Member # 5396

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymemomtooo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Melanie, I have not seen your post in a few days and just saw the part about your grandmother..I am so sorry..

I had been hoping and praying that things would work out..

But if anyone could have figured out something to help, I was sure it would be Tincup..

Hugs..lymemomtooo

Posts: 2360 | From SE PA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hopeful123
Member # 3244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopeful123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so sorry about your loss.

--------------------
some days you're the bug, some days you're the windshield  -

Posts: 1160 | From NY | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melanie Reber
Member # 3707

My dear friends,

There is so much that I would like to relay to you...but the most important thing is to let you know how very much your help and prayers during this difficult time have meant to me.

I have been away from home now for almost 2 weeks, and have used this time to try and process and come to terms with my family situation.

Right now, I understand that I am in the exact place that I need to be.

I have never given any credence to the idea of ``coincidence''. I know in my heart from my own experience that things happen for a reason, and that if we only maintain our faith and are open to guidance, eventually, we come to realize that everything unfolds as it was meant to.

Like many, I carry a great deal of guilt in my heart over things that I actually had no control over at the time. It has been a learning experience for me to let that go...

and to know that I have always tried to do my best according to the information that I knew and the ability that I had at that time. And to try and understand that forgiveness is a precious gift that I also need to offer to myself when most needed.

Yes, my Grandmother's passing was peaceful.
I now know that even though I could not find her...or be with her in her final days, she did know that I still loved her so deeply. My Aunt told me that as she was dying...but still trying to hang on for whatever reason she felt she needed to...

The last thing that my Aunt told her was that I loved her so, and that I would want her to go now to find peace. She passed very shortly thereafter.

My friend here now is living with and caring for an elderly woman who is approximately the same age as my Grandmother was. She and I have had an opportunity to have many long heartwarming and enlightening conversations.

My friend is also an RN, and had to return back to work last week after a month off to care for this woman who is failing in body but not in spirit or mind. So, I have been able to step in and try to care somewhat for this special soul for the last week.

What I want you to understand and I truly hope that you can...
is that being here at this particular time to spend my days with this woman, has helped me more than I could ever have helped her.

I am so grateful for this opportunity that presented itself as I needed it.
And I am also so very grateful to each of you for sustaining me.

Much love,
Melanie

trueblue
Member # 7348

Perhaps, I shouldn't be talking for anyone else as no one's voted me spokesperson but...

as we are so grateful for you and everything you've done (and do) for us, as well.

-

--------------------
more light, more love

just don
Member # 1129

Okay true blue,
You sure can speak for "ME" , because I could NOT have said it any better!!! My sentiments, exactly!!!

--------------------
just don

Michelle M
Member # 7200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michelle M   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Miss Melanie, I'm SO bad about reading General Support -- now I'm CAUGHT!! I'm so sorry to read all of this about your sweet self. So many changes and upheavals in your life! It's sad to have lost your grandmother and carry a burden of worry over other family members.

Your sweet and gentle spirit shines right offa the screen in all your posts, so I'm takin the view that the universe must have a grand plan for you and we just don't know what it is yet.

All my warmest thoughts are beamed due south a few hundred miles (they may ping offa Trails on the way but that'll be OK!)

[kiss]

Michelle

Posts: 3193 | From Northern California | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement